NYX Micro Brow PencilInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY NYX #9 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Build full beautiful brows with our ultra-thin Micro Brow Pencil. So precise it coats even the finest hairs with color for a natural-looking finish.

Polyethylene, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Ozokerite, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, C20-40 Alcohols, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Zinc Stearate, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Tristearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Caprylate. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
  • "Just as good as the Anastasia pencil for nearly half the price! Also this NYX brow pencil is much much better than the other brow pencil NYX makes. It's very skinny with a fine point which makes it easy to pinpoint those brow areas you want to fill in with precision. The only drawback is that it's not as pigmented as the ABH one. Otherwise, it's a great low-budget buy!" in 1447 reviews
Sarah S.
Athens, GA
Review for: Taupe more...
After trying a handful of different brands of brow pencils, NYX micro brow pencil won it for me and has become a part of my regular makeup routine. I had originally purchased the espresso shade (as my hair is a dark brown) but I found it to be a bit too rich or warm, which was a little odd considering my natural hair has warm undertones. I just think maybe the whole line just runs on the warmer side a bit, so keep that in mine. The taupe color works much better for blending into my natural brow color.

You do have to be a bit careful, as with most other pencils, not to press down too hard. It's really good for making more precise strokes, rather than using it to "shade" in or darken your natural brow. I start out by making strokes to make my thin brows appear thicker, then go back through VERY lightly to help fill in further.

The only con has to do with the brush end, as it is a bit tough. It's really only helpful to brush your hair up, not as a blending tool and I end up having to use a separate brow brush for that. My thin hair and sensitive skin might have something to do with the discomfort, but I just find that if I brush too lightly, it doesn't help blend, and if I brush harder, it just hurts and pushes the product off. Despite the brush, I would still give this pencil a 5/5 review because everything else makes up for it!
Danielle B.
Sterling, CT
Review for: Taupe more...
I bought this pencil in the shades taupe and ash
brown. I really like how small and precise the pencil is. The packaging
is really lightweight (for me this is not a problem, but I know some
people like heavy packaging). Sometimes this product fades and sometimes
it doesn't, it really just depends what I am doing that day. I usually
like to have one brow pencil that is my actual hair color (in this case
ash brown) and one a shade lighter (in this case taupe) so I can give
the brow different dimensions, but with this pencil the one that is
supposed to be my actual color is a shade too light. If you are buying
this product definitely go a shade darker than normal. I have also read
other comments and reviews that said the pencil fell straight out of the
tube or broke easily, but this has not happened to me even if I drop
the pencil or travel with it. The reason why I don't know if I would buy
this pencil again is because it's pretty good but I want to look at
other drugstore options first. I have not tried the Anastasia or Benefit
brow pencils so I am not sure if this pencil compares to those ones.
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Black more...
I decided to give this product a try because I heard it was a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz.
I must say that I really did enjoy this product.  It's really blendable and I like the fine point that it has because this helps me achieve natural brows.  It's really precise and it helps me create realistic hair strokes.
I also like that there's plenty of colors to choose from and that they included a Black color.  Many eyebrow products don't carry a Black shade which is odd because there are people out there (like me) who like to have dark brows.
I don't use this product everyday, it tends to fade after a while and it's annoying.  I only use it when I need to run some quick errands or if I know I won't be out for long.
Overall, I'm not sure if I would purchase this again.  I haven't worn this in a while since it's currently summer and I doubt this product stands a chance against this heat, but I will try to see how this product wears in cold weather.
Jessica T.
Review for: Espresso more...
This is now my go to brow pencil. It is very thin for more precision, comparable to Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® and a bit better than the L’Oréal Brow Stylist Definer pencil (which I found to be quite waxy).
It glides on smoothly and it is a fairly quick process.
I will say that the shade Espresso is not nearly as dark as I thought it would be, it’s more on the warm side of dark brown. If you need a cooler tone almost black brown, choose Black.
Definitely worth the money, usually less than $10. With thin brow pencils like this, you do go through them fairly quick if you do your brows every day.
The app Hush (for shophush) has this currently on sale for under $8. Walgreens also has points deals on Nyx as well!
Lauren W.
Indiana, PA
Review for: Brunette more...
As someone who fills in their brows daily, I have tried a great number of brow products. It wasn't until about a year ago that I tried the NYX Micro Brow Pencil - purchased from my local CVS Pharmacy. I was hesitant because the pencil is so slim, but I'm here, a year later, telling you that this is my FAVORITE brow product.

The beginning of the pencil is always a bit waxy and tricky to use, but after that wears off, the application is effortless! It creates a natural look that also looks very polished in my opinion. It is very pigmented and glides on smoothly, but is easy to wipe away if a minor mistake is made. It lasts all day and doesn't come off easily if I accidentally wipe my brows with my hand. Absolutely love this product!
Nicole M.
Boston
This is a must have if you love AMAZING brow products, a beginner or are just on the market for a new brow pencil. I kept hearing how amazing it was on you tube and a few friends of mine!! I am able to create a very light natural look or build it up for something a little more bold. The tip is amazing as it is very very thin or "micro" (lol). The precision helps me to create natural hair-like strokes and makes it a lot easier to outline my brows. It coats all my brow hairs better than most products. I believe this has to do with both the "micro" tip and the formula of the pencil. There is a spoolie on the end and it is the perfect size and texture. I find my self reaching for this everyday while getting ready for work and I even keep a back up!
Trinity B.
Evansville
The size of the brow pencil is the best thing about this, however, i have never been able to find a good shade for my dark brown hair. I have fair skin with dark, ashy brown hair. The NYX brown brow pencils always have red undertones, for a more chocolate brown.

The more red shades do NOT flatter me well. But that doesnt mean this product doesn't perform well if theres a shade that works for you.

The applicator makes it easy to apply it with small strokes, creating the look of real eyebrow hairs. The spooly on the end also makes for easy blending of the product throughout the brow.

It's decently priced and performs well! Another brand has a shade that works for me better, so i won't be repurchasing.
Romana I.
Davenport, IA
Review for: Other more...
I struggle with eyebrows for years, and it’s so hard to find a product that isn’t too harsh looking on the face but is still noticeable when you put it on. All the products I used would crumble and break apart. I decided to try this since it’s supposed to be a dupe for ABH Brow wiz. I love this product to the moon and back. I use it everyday, I have such great control over the product and I don’t even have to clean my brows up afterwards. It applies so smooth and even, and it doesn’t leave my brows looking too bold or harsh. I have darker brows and I use the shade ash brown. I will purchase this product again and again and again.

Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Review for: Brunette more...
This was the first brow pencil I ever purchased. I don’t use it anymore as I’ve found brow products I like better, but I do use it for other things. The packaging is nice but the product ALWAYS falls out for me. I would probably purchase again because it’s a pretty reasonable price and I do like the color. It does work well in your brows and will get the job done if you are looking for a good affordable brow pencil. When I do use this pencil, I’m almost always using it to deepen my already existing beauty marks and/or freckles dependent on my mood if I am wearing a fuller coverage foundation. I do like it for that, I just wish it lasted longer on the face and am still on the hunt for the perfect product for my beauty marks. Good product though, similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® or Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Eyebrow Pencil. So if you want the same look, but don’t want to spend the money on the higher end one, I’d definitely recommend picking up this NYX one instead. Just keep in mind that the product does fall out of the packaging sometimes so be careful with it and don’t put up more product than you need or it will most likely snap off. For that reason & because I have since found a brow pencil I prefer, is why I rated it 3 stars.
Christine N.
Review for: Taupe more...
I would say this NYX Micro Brow pencil is a good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil. Labeling aside, the components of both look the same and I have heard they are both made in the same factory.

That said, the formulation is slightly different. The Anastasia one is a little more soft and creamy and this NYX one is a little harder and more waxy. But I’m taking just slightly different though I would say I prefer the Anastasia one. For the price though especially, this NYX one is a great buy especially given how fast one goes through this style of eyebrow pencil. I find I need to replace far more frequently than say an eyebrow powder or a brow pencil that needs sharpening. I have given this NYX one five stars because I think it is the best brow pencil at the drugstore.

I tend to use Medium Brown in Anastasia and it is the best shade match for me, but I do keep a few of the NYX lying around in Taupe for when I want a lighter brow on the weekends when I am not wearing much makeup.
Maria L.
Is it true what they say? Is this really a dupe for Anastasias brow pencil?
Kim D.
What color would suit me better? Dark brown or black? I have black asian hair
rahma b.
msila
My eyebrows are thick and I like to fill the Arch just a little bit and I heard good opinions about this product , so should I try it ??
Betsy F.
I always hear amazing things about NYX, is this smudge proof? Is it easy to apply?
Shoua T.
Saint Paul, MN
I was wondering if is it just me or anyone else, but It seems like this formula is very dry. I really like the fact that this brow pencil is very slim, but formula isn't good. Every time when I tried to put it on I'll have to press it hard onto my eyebrow skin just for it to show up. I have it in the color taupe, can anybody tell me if in the other color is the formula dry?