NYX Matte LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY NYX

Load your lips with plush, pigment-rich color choosing from 12 brand new shades of Matte Lipstick—our shockingly smooth lip color that glides right on and stays in place with a silky matte finish that never feels dry. Now available in a range of fresh new hues, these playful pops of color are just what your spring wardrobe needs!

Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de carnauba, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), BHT, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

NYX Matte Lipstick
  • "The matte lipstick is a little more forgiving than the matte lip cream, it doesn't emphasize every tiny dry flake on your lips. The color is really saturated and opaque, lasts all day!" in 541 reviews
  • "NYX is Affordable and delivers beautiful lip colors in both matte, sheer and gloss...There lipsticks are long lasting! :)" in 539 reviews
Rhonda M.
Charlotte, NC
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Audrey more...
I think there were 45 colors and I had a hard time finding one. I regretted not picking another shade but due to the cost I’ll be able to pick it up at a later date. These were in my local Walmart. They had all the shades available. ( really unusual for Walmart) I remember seeing them when they first came out in Ulta but I didn’t buy them then. I didn’t search or investigate them because I had promised myself no more lippies! Who was I kidding? These don’t have a smell or fragrance which is kinda cool. My shade and first impression was it was nice and pigmented. One of the things I don’t like right off was the lipstick didn’t go back in the bullet all the way. I messed the tip up the first use. For a matte finish I also found this lipstick look very moisturizing and had a satin look to it. The satin look continued throughout the first part of the day. I drank coffee, had tea. I ate a salad. It did dry to a more matte finish after six hours of work. I still went home with 90% of the first application still on my lips. Overall highly impressed.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Alabama more...
I. LOVE. These. Lipsticks. I have many shades, but I'll stick with "Alabama" to review, as it is one of my favorite reds.

The packaging is what you'd expect from NYX, nothing mind blowing but it's fine for the price. The product is what really shines. The lipstick is shaped like a typical bullet lipstick, which makes application simple enough. Alabama glides on smoothly and is opaque with one swipe. This stuff has a demi-matte finish, but it isn't drying to my chronically dry lips, which I truly appreciate. It's certainly not transfer proof, but it wears for a very long time. You will need to reapply after meals, but it reapplies wonderfully.

The NYX Matte Lipsticks only get 4/5 stars for one reason: the shades can be hit or miss. I find the lighter shades can tend to be streaky and not apply as smoothly as the darker ones. I recommend going to Ulta and swatching the colors before you buy if they have testers available.

Overall, this is one of my favorite drugstore matte lipstick formulas. If you're looking for a beautiful red, pick up Alabama! I highly recommend it!
Joanna A.
Lincoln Park, NJ
Purchased at: CVS
Neigh. First of all, I bought one of these because I thought it was a nude when looking at the packaging. I bought it from CVS so I couldn’t swatch and see what the color actually looked like. The color ended up being a bright coral instead of the soft burnt orange that was on the outside packaging. The formula was ok, but I didn’t get a lot of use with the lipstick since I don’t like bright colors
Sadia A.
This lipstick has the best value at the drugstore in my opinion. Compared to any other brand, their matte is truly matte and still very comfortable. I love the pigmentation, and it has a nice shape for applying directly to your lips without a brush. I would highly recommend for newbies to makeup as it is cheap, long lasting (for drugstore), and comes in endless shades!
Mackenzie B.
Fairborn
Purchased at: ULTA
I love all nyx matte lipstick and liquid lipsticks . They have a great variety of colors and they’re very affordable. I’m into nude colors and they have a great selection of bright and darker nudes . Only thing bad I have to say about it is it last up to probably about 4 hours . I usually use these for school glam.
Nadine G.
Augusta, GA
Review for: Alabama, Other more...
Nyx lipsticks are definitely my go to's for affordable lipsticks. Their color range is almost unbeatable on top of the $4-$5 price tag.

I've purchased several shades, but 'Alabama' 'Chaos' and 'Fire' are my favorite. I think Chaos and Fire might be discontinued? But Alabama is very close to Chaos, and I have it in a lip liner as well.

They do need to be reapplied, but they are the most comfortable lipsticks to wear! It's hard not to go back to Target or Ulta and grab all the shades I can!
Jiana J.
Kissimmee
Review for: Maison, Aria, Spirit more...
Pro: Wear time, formula, color, price
Con: *Shade in Spirit*

Before I start with the overall thoughts on this lipstick line, the shade Spirit is not for tan skin women. I felt like it looked like I just ate a powdered donut and didn’t wipe my lips.🤷🏻‍♀️

Other than that I have no other cons...

So just as it claims these lipsticks are a matte formula. With that being said I do not find them to be drying on the lips. I find that the colors have some intensity to them and last quite a long time. Also, they are not too difficult to remove in comparison to matte liquid lipsticks.
Ali B.
New Port Richey
I got one of these thanks to my@Ipsy bag in November. I probably wouldn’t have found myself going out to purchase this myself however I was pretty glad with the one they picked out for me which was a pinky purple red combination. Perfect for the holidays. However it was not kiss proof. The top layer does not go matte so you have a blot quite a bit until you are finally matte. Overall this was a pretty decent lipstick especially for being a drug store brand like NYX wasn’t the best but definitely not the worst.
Jessica T.
Oklahoma City
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a very good product. I’m not too picky when it comes to my lip products but I find these to not be too drying like a liquid lipstick. They don’t last as long but if you’re looking for a matte look without the super drying formula and don’t mind reapplying this is a great option
Nika S.
Bellingham
This is such a nice flattering pink lipstick! I have a bit of trouble with pink lipstick because I try to avoid Barbie and bubblegum pink; it doesn't look right on my skin. But this one is great. It's an easy-to-wear lipstick for everyday and wears evenly throughout the day.
Kiersten B.
I'm really interested in trying this product... Does it dry out lips?
Carly F.
Cape Coral, FL
Is there anywhere else you can get Nyx in the U.S besides Ulta?
Anoohya
I heard a lot's of reviews on this product...but I have very patchy lips...do they make my lips more dry when applied??
Mecca G.
Is this a good brand of lip stick? Is it better than MAC?
Megan R.
1,295 reviews
The price is reasonable, but is this a good lipstick? I'm obsessed with the color but don't want to waste money on something that will dry my lips out or just not hold up on a busy day.