NYX Matte LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY NYX #65 in Lipstick

Load your lips with plush, pigment-rich color choosing from 12 brand new shades of Matte Lipstick—our shockingly smooth lip color that glides right on and stays in place with a silky matte finish that never feels dry. Now available in a range of fresh new hues, these playful pops of color are just what your spring wardrobe needs!

Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de carnauba, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), BHT, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

• Is this lipstick long-lasting?5 Answers
  • The price is reasonable, but is this a good lipstick? I'm...20 Answers
  • What do you think of NYX Matte Lipstick ?!!4 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "The matte lipstick is a little more forgiving than the matte lip cream, it doesn't emphasize every tiny dry flake on your lips. The color is really saturated and opaque, lasts all day!" in 541 reviews
  • "NYX is Affordable and delivers beautiful lip colors in both matte, sheer and gloss...There lipsticks are long lasting! :)" in 539 reviews
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Alabama more...
I. LOVE. These. Lipsticks. I have many shades, but I'll stick with "Alabama" to review, as it is one of my favorite reds.

The packaging is what you'd expect from NYX, nothing mind blowing but it's fine for the price. The product is what really shines. The lipstick is shaped like a typical bullet lipstick, which makes application simple enough. Alabama glides on smoothly and is opaque with one swipe. This stuff has a demi-matte finish, but it isn't drying to my chronically dry lips, which I truly appreciate. It's certainly not transfer proof, but it wears for a very long time. You will need to reapply after meals, but it reapplies wonderfully.

The NYX Matte Lipsticks only get 4/5 stars for one reason: the shades can be hit or miss. I find the lighter shades can tend to be streaky and not apply as smoothly as the darker ones. I recommend going to Ulta and swatching the colors before you buy if they have testers available.

Overall, this is one of my favorite drugstore matte lipstick formulas. If you're looking for a beautiful red, pick up Alabama! I highly recommend it!
Nadine G.
Review for: Alabama, Other more...
Nyx lipsticks are definitely my go to's for affordable lipsticks. Their color range is almost unbeatable on top of the $4-$5 price tag.

I've purchased several shades, but 'Alabama' 'Chaos' and 'Fire' are my favorite. I think Chaos and Fire might be discontinued? But Alabama is very close to Chaos, and I have it in a lip liner as well.

They do need to be reapplied, but they are the most comfortable lipsticks to wear! It's hard not to go back to Target or Ulta and grab all the shades I can!
Jiana J.
Kissimmee
Review for: Maison, Aria, Spirit more...
Pro: Wear time, formula, color, price
Con: *Shade in Spirit*

Before I start with the overall thoughts on this lipstick line, the shade Spirit is not for tan skin women. I felt like it looked like I just ate a powdered donut and didn’t wipe my lips.🤷🏻‍♀️

Other than that I have no other cons...

So just as it claims these lipsticks are a matte formula. With that being said I do not find them to be drying on the lips. I find that the colors have some intensity to them and last quite a long time. Also, they are not too difficult to remove in comparison to matte liquid lipsticks.
Molly V.
Grand Rapids, MI
Review for: Up the Bass more...
Let me start by saying that it is a pretty decent brand of lipstick for its price point. It’s easy to find, I personally go to Ulta for it. I am a repeat buyer for the convenience and price, however, It’s not the highest quality.. I find that I have to reapply frequently, it either fades or comes off easier than other lipsticks I own, but I wouldn’t count it out. It’s great for taking pictures and running around town, but the minute you want to eat or drink, it’s game over. It fades kinda bad and looks weird as it comes off, and for some reason it ALWAYS gets on my teeth somehow.. I mean every. Time. Other than that though it’s a great product that I recommend. I keep buying it, so that’ll tell ya something 💁🏼‍♀️
Sharmese B.
When I go buy lipstick this is my first choice brand. I love nyx lipstick brand and I think there the best out. I like the liquid version better however it’s super cheap, they always have a sale when you downloads the app, and the color comes off so pigmented on my lips. I’m a big sucker for a great matte lip color. Haven’t tried them doing ombré but that’s next. They have so many different shades and I’m like a kid in a candy store when I go to ultra to try them on. There even in local hair stores so it’s not hard to find them if you don’t stay or wanna go by high end stores.
Jebraia D.
Smyrna
NYX Makeup Setting Spray - MatteNYX Slim Lip Liner PencilNYX Liquid Suede Cream LipstickNYX Soft Matte Lip CreamNYX Concealer Jar the setting spray is definitely my go to!!!NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is great for a light weight look, nobody likes a cake face 🤧 but before applying the foundation a good primer is key NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer is the perfect primer to make all of your makeup perfectly blend together and it helps with large noticeable pores
Megan H.
Dallas, TX
I had searched online for a cheaper dupe of Kat Con D's Lovecraft, and a few posts claimed that NYX Matte Lipstick in Cavier is a close copycat. The price point is amazingly cheap and I am overall pleased with the product. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. The pigment is rich and lasts for a fair amount. In my case, the color swap wasn't 100% a dupe for Lovecraft, but it is a great lipstick all on its own
sfm 🌻.
Review for: Dark Era, Spirit more...
For a cool price of 5 bucks, these matte lipsticks are pretty amazing!! They're extremely long-lasting, and if you've sufficiently moisturized your lips, they don't get cakey and flaky. I will say though that you have to touch it up throughout the day if you want it to remain looking fresh, but the reapplication is smooth and wonderful.
Only thing about the shade Spirit is that be careful before buying it, because it was not very flattering on my tan skin tone, and looked like I had caked my lips with powder.
Other than that, I really recommend it!
Laura R.
Winter Garden, FL
Review for: Eden more...
A nice blue toned red lipstick. This applies smoothly and is highly pigmented. It lasts long and is a bit difficult to remove entirely at the end of the day. This does require reapplication after lunch for a full day wear but with how easily this applies that shouldn’t be an issue.

To remove I did have to use a makeup remover wipe and my usual facial cleanser. There was some slight staining on my lips but that fades before bed.

This is one of the colors in this years NYX Advent Calendar.
Kathryn P.
Review for: Perfect Red more...
I was looking for a nice matte red lipstick, ideally, an alternative to MAC’s Ruby Woo. I bought this shade and another one called Pure Red. Both are beautiful shades. They aren’t completely transfer proof. What I like to do is use them as a base for a red liquid lipstick I have. It blends well and when the liquid lipstick begins the wear off, I still have this as a base on my lips!
Kiersten B.
I'm really interested in trying this product... Does it dry out lips?
Carly F.
Cape Coral, FL
Is there anywhere else you can get Nyx in the U.S besides Ulta?
Anoohya
I heard a lot's of reviews on this product...but I have very patchy lips...do they make my lips more dry when applied??
Mecca G.
Is this a good brand of lip stick? Is it better than MAC?
Megan R.
The price is reasonable, but is this a good lipstick? I'm obsessed with the color but don't want to waste money on something that will dry my lips out or just not hold up on a busy day.