NYX Matte LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY NYX #18 in Lipstick

Load your lips with plush, pigment-rich color choosing from 12 brand new shades of Matte Lipstick—our shockingly smooth lip color that glides right on and stays in place with a silky matte finish that never feels dry. Now available in a range of fresh new hues, these playful pops of color are just what your spring wardrobe needs!

Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de carnauba, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), BHT, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

• witch one ....... =====> matte or gloss NYX Matte Lipstick4 Answers
  • I would love to try this out 2 Answers
  • Do you like this make up? NYX Matte Lipstick3 Answers
Taegan S.
Taegan S.
NYX Matte Lipstick is just as good as high end lipsticks, but for a fraction of the price! These are creamy and non-drying. They do appear matte on the lips, but are not transfer proof. These last a good time, about 5 hours, unless I eat or drink. I don't find that these bleed, but I always use a lip liner (I always use a lip liner with any lipstick.) I
The only reason this lipstick looses 1 star is because of its packaging. I don't need anything fancy, and I like the minimalist vibe, but the packaging can easily break so that the lipstick doesn't rise out of the container when you twist the bottom. I wish they would fix this issue, because it is the only think keeping it from 5 stars.
There are so many colors to choose from! I bought the shade, "Whipped Caviar" from the NYX website (It's also available at ULTA). It's a dusty rose-mauve (leans cool-toned). I'm so impressed! It's the perfect My-Lips-But-Better shade for me (I'm NW10/NW15 with pigmented lips).
If you're on the fence about these, get them! They won't disappoint!
Anjhie M.
Anjhie M.
Miami, Florida
Obviously, it's mate, but it's super comfortable to wear, nothing (nothing at all lol) I dry, something I can not stand very much. It's kind of creamy, but matt finish, which is my favorite type of lipstick in the world, hahaha

The color I have is dark nude, but maybe if you take a powerful blue you "get out" of the lip, so I do not know if in very dark colors you need a profiler.

The pigmentation is quite good. With just one pass, you get a very good coverage. I do not recommend that you spend it many times over the "painted", since it is a great layer of product, which is more likely to go before and also, you spend twice as much product.

These lipsticks last a lot, but depending on what you do. Let me explain: if you are 4-6 hours without eating practically, you will stand almost perfect. But if you eat or drink something that is very pringoso (type ice cream or smoothie), it starts to go a little in the center, but always in a very uniform way, NOTHING to patches.
Lina C.
Lina C.
Overall, I'm a huge fan of NYX Matte lipsticks. They're affordable but are very good quality lipsticks that come in a huge variety of shades. They tend to stay put pretty well on my lips after I've eaten - slight lightening, but doesn't completely fade or bleed.

Short reviews for each of the shades I own - for reference, my skin tone is NC40-42:

Whipped Caviar: HG lipstick! It is the most gorgeous, MLBB mauve shade. It can be worn casually in the day as well as for the evening. It matches really well with NYX Slim Lip Liner in Mauve. LOVE!

Euro Trash: This color looks peachy on most online swatches, but on me, it comes out as more of a brown. I like it, but it's not a lip color one could wear all the time.

Natural: A vibrant, pink color that's suitable for weekend looks. Slightly too loud to wear to work.

Tea Rose: A pretty rose pink shade that is very close to Natural, but is slightly cooler. Again, this color slightly too loud to wear to work.
Suzanne F.
Suzanne F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These lippies do not get enough attention. In today's beauty world we focus on lippies that have a strong brand name, however we fail to realize that lipsticks like these have just as much pigmentation and lasting power. I bought these on a whim when I was at ulta, and after I bought one I bought them all! The color pay off is incredible. One swipe and you are set! The lighter shades are pigmented just as much as the darker shades. These bad boys also have a good long lasting power. When you eat foods that are oil based they can rub off on the inner ring, other than that they stay put! Go out and buy youself some of these babies.

Quick tip: Ulta usually has them for buy one get one 1/2 off! That's a steal!
Victoria P P.
Victoria P P.
Orlando, FL
They the best of the best !!I love love this lipstick!!! works great and stays on without smearing ...

My mom have bought three matte lipsticks in Strawberry Daiquiri, Euro Trash, & Street Cred three weeks ago and received it a few days before my birthday. It was my gift from my mother to me ! I must admit I was so excited to see it in my hands because this purchase was my first time to try NYX cosmetics. Therefore, my conclusion is I absolutely love these matte lipsticks! They're affordable, very pigmented, and doesn't bleed when I am outside. Also, these lipsticks didn't flake or scrunch up on me due to my lips being exfoliate beforehand. So I'm happy with my purchase, thanks NYX!
Nala G.
Nala G.
Elmhurst, NY
These are life. They are creamy and hydrate well. I like them more than the Matte creme, as I find these to be more mystifying than the creme. i actually find the cremes a bit on the glossy side. If mixing, I would use these as a base layer since I don't think they mix well with other consistencies.

Definitely long lasting, and doesn't really rub off on your teeth. At least I haven't noticed 🙈 I bite my lips quite a lot, so I do retouch, but it's usually after my day at work when I'm off to my second job. 😞

Worth the $5/6 I spent. I bought mine at Macy's Backstage, but have also bought NYX at their actual store, Target, and CVS. No matter where I went it was about the same price.
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Nyx is such a quality brand and their lipsticks are no exception! Alabama is a nice pigmented bright brick red that is not too bright or too dark. It is very pigmented which is great for darker lips. The application is super soft and smooth. As with all matte lipsticks, make sure your lips are supple and soft~ Although Nyx's matte lipsticks do not dry your lips too much, dry areas are highlighted because of the soft application. The soft lipstick collects on dry areas therefore darkening it with its pigmented color. So stay supple for a supple color ~ Also, bragging that I got 4 of Nyx's matte lipsticks for #FREE during the #BLACKFRIDAY sale!!! #ballin #INFLUENSTERAPP
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
I have this lipstick in Indie Flick, and I absolutely love it! I bought it for a show where I needed a coral-red lipstick. Let me tell you, it is PIGMENTED. Almost everyone who came out to see the show commented on how bright my lipstick was. What I love about this lipstick is that it looks matte without feeling matte. The only drawback is that there is transfer with this formula. The straw from my water bottle was bright orange after drinking from it all night. That being said, I still didn't have to reapply. For the price of these lipsticks, they are very high quality. I would definitely recommend these.
Vada R.
Vada R.
Alvarado, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Well hello everyone , I love lip stick but theses are my favorite because there are many colors by NYX matte lipstick and they last all day and have amazing quality and will go with any skin tone like I have a white fair skin tone and I like the darker color lip sticks look better on me , better then the lighter lip stick colors do and that's just my opinion , my point by this is they have many colors to choose from ♡and by way these are pricey because they are well made ♡ but they are worth it ♡♡♡ and plus it goes on smoothly anywAys have a great day ♡
Brooke P.
Brooke P.
Evansville, IN
For anyone looking for that super exspensive brand name Lippie but you don't have the cash for it, this is your product! I love, LOVE all their products but their matte lipsticks really are the icing on the cake ;) great pigmentation that stays on all day. It's not super drying and it goes on smooth. If I could own every single one of them I would! I'm posting a picture of my lips with the dark red shade, if I had it in front of me I'd tell the name, but as you can see its highly pigmented, beautiful! I get a lot of compliments when I wear this shade.
Kiersten B.
Kiersten B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm really interested in trying this product... Does it dry out lips?
Carly F.
Carly F.
Cape Coral, FL
Is there anywhere else you can get Nyx in the U.S besides Ulta?
Anoohya
Anoohya
I heard a lot's of reviews on this product...but I have very patchy lips...do they make my lips more dry when applied??
Mecca G.
Mecca G.
Is this a good brand of lip stick? Is it better than MAC?
Megan R.
Megan R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The price is reasonable, but is this a good lipstick? I'm obsessed with the color but don't want to waste money on something that will dry my lips out or just not hold up on a busy day.