BY NYX #3 in Setting Spray

Demand perfection! For that fresh makeup look that lasts, the Makeup Setting Spray - Matte is a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put.

Matte Finish / Long Lasting
Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Dewy Finish / Long Lasting
Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide.

• Is this good i have a store by my house called 5 and belo...8 Answers
  • Ive never used a setting spray. Is this one worth buying?100 Answers
  • What setting spray do you use ?🗣🌈🤭❗️💋 11 Answers
Buy on Cult Be...*
  • "this product was pretty good! it was a fair alternative to the ud all nighter. it’s definitely a great price and perfect if you are looking for something with a matte finish." in 6517 reviews
Danielle B.
Sterling, CT
I decided to pick up this product to add a little strength to my face and eye primers, to keep the makeup intact since I typically have a very long day without much time to reapply makeup. This setting spray definitely helps strength my primers to keep my make-up intact throughout the day but its difficult to cover your face in its entirety.

Prior to using this setting spray, I utilized face and eye primers to keep my makeup on. While it did a decent job, I noticed that typically by the eighth hour my makeup would begin to settle in the creases of my eyes due to oil and my forehead would begin to have a very heavy shine from oil. I wanted to extend the life of my makeup to match my thirteen hour day, where I do not have much time to reapply any makeup. In combination with my primers, this product is great. My makeup looks perfect by the time I come home after thirteen hours at work and at school. Everything on my eyes is in place and I have minimal shine on my forehead by the end of the day, so this product definitely helps keep my makeup cemented.

The only downside to this product is that its difficult to ensure proper coverage. You spray the product onto your face, but I find I need to use 4-5 sprays to ensure each side of my face and my forehead is covered. Sometimes the spray comes out heavier in some uses and weaker in others, so it can be difficult to pinpoint how much you've applied to your face.

Other than that, I definitely like this product and would use again.
Erica P.
Morgantown
This was one of the first setting sprays I ever used. As NYX has become more available in drugstores and other retailers, this product is very easy to find. This product has quite the cult following, so in addition to the very affordable retail price, I saw this as a good purchase.

I will say that it does a fantastic job at fixing your makeup in place. A little goes a long way, and the spray nozzle is great quality. It produces a fine mist instead of a firehose. Despite the bottle being kind of small, it lasts for quite a while. It’s a top-notch budget fixing spray that I’d recommend to just about anyone.

However, it’s not without flaws. As far as finish goes, it’s not matte. I still got a glossy sheen on top of my makeup that I’d have to go over with finishing powder if I was set on having a matte face. Second, as most setting sprays do, this has an alcohol base. Alcohol is a common skin irritant and can dry your face out, so that’s something to consider.

However, overall, this is a great product with only a couple gripes.
Sabrina N.
Banning, CA
Let me start off by saying that I have very oily skin and finding the right products for my face is ALWAYS a pain in my right nalga🙄 I decided to try out the Matte Finish setting spray and GIRLLLLL let me tell you, this is by far my favorite! This product is very affordable ranging anywhere from $7-$10 v.s leading brands that can cost $30+. At the moment, NYX only has one size which is a 60ml bottle (so not so big) which is a downside, but compared to other setting sprays you are actually getting more for your money! Other companies give you half of the amount for double the cost. I purchased this bottle about 2 months ago and I still have half of a bottle left! After I do my makeup, I spray an “X “on my face and then let my face dry. If you ever spray too much, gently tap the areas with a clean finger and blend out any water spots. This setting spray keeps my face matte for about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up my face. The only con is that I find that the Matte Finish spray leaves my face looking a little dewy after it dries so I have to go back with a pressed powder to complete my look. But other than that it keeps my makeup locked in place and keeps my face matte
Shivani P.
I decided to try this setting spray in an effort to save some money with my daily makeup routine. After using it, I definitely realized it's a "drugstore" option. Yes, it does set my makeup down and keep it from rubbing off as easily, compared to when I don't use a setting spray, but the results aren't anything great.
My makeup does not stay put for a significantly long period of time and my makeup still rubs off. This doesn't help keep my skin matte either. Most importantly, the spray on the bottle is a bit inconvenient, and I have to spray 5 times just to get my entire face/neck area while risking getting too much on one part.

This may work for plenty of users, but I will not be purchasing this again. It is better than using nothing, but spending a little more money for a better quality one gets the job done much better.
Kristina H.
North Port
I purchased this product when I ran out of my favorite face primer and it was to late to purchase it at Ulta.
Thankfully Walmart is 24 hours and I was able to pick this one up quickly.
I have to say that I am very impressed with this setting spray from NYX.
Price is incredible. So much cheaper than my go to setting spray.
My first night wearing it was to my sister in laws wedding and I have to say that my face makeup stayed on through crying, laughing and dancing. We were in and out of the venue all day. Not to mention I was helping the wedding party with hair and makeup so my makeup had already been on since that morning. By 10pm (at least 10-11 hours after applying my makeup) my makeup still looked pretty good.
I have since used this product and I highly recommend it to anyone.
ESMERALDA M.
WOODBRIDGE, VA
To me is always very important to find a good setting spray because it will help me in  making last longer my makeup, unfortunately with this spray I did not feel it, saddly wasnt not helpful for my skin as other products are.
I would not buy it again because it did not work for me . But I still love NYX cosmetics has very good products and at affordable prices! just for reference i have a combination skin and i used this product around summer///Para mi siempre es muy importante encontrar un buen spray fijador porque me ayudara a que mi maquillaje me dure por bastante tiempo, con este spray no senti que fue de mucha yuda para mi piel como con otros productos, no lo compraria nuevamente por que no funciono para mi . Pero igual amo NYX tiene produtos muy buenos y a precios accesibles !!
katharine g.
I have extremely oily skin and even after several hours into school or work I will notice the oil start shining brightly leaving me feel anxious that I need to blot the access oil away. Otherwise I don’t have time and my makeup becomes a slidey mess. I will agree that not all setting sprays are equal and you have to find one that fits great for your face and its issues. I decided to give NYX Matte finish setting spray a try after reading an Influenster article about setting sprays. Far as drugstore setting sprays I am very happy with it. I like to spray at least once before applying my foundation to increase the longevity and have it dry more matte. You hold the spray about 10” from your face and spray and lightly dab off any access product with tissue. I find that about 4/5 hours my face is starting to gleam a little bit, but that’s enough time for me to go in and touch up if I need too. I feel like it sprays pretty evenly over the face and has a fine mist. The scent is subtle, but pleasant and barely noticeable after initial spray. Although I did wish it would last longer, I feel it gets the job done and is a great setting spray for its price
Ari W.
Palm Bay, FL
Wow! NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte this setting spray does NOT play around. I’ve seen reviews of this product lasting through car crashes and child births, but I never thought it’d actually DO that. First, the bottle is very cute and matte itself, kind of goes with the product itself. Once I did my makeup and sprayed this on my face I was ready for photos. The hot light in my room had my mind racing thinking my makeup was melting off! But I look in the mirror and I’m still - MATTE. Try it out!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
As someone whose holy grail setting spray is the Urban Decay All Nighter, I'm always on the lookout for a cheaper alternative. I picked this one from NYX up from Ulta and I'm torn about it.

On application, the first thing you'll notice is the awesome, fine mist. That's my favorite thing about this product, it sprays beautifully. I do find that right after application, it makes my makeup look more set together and melted into the skin, almost. My issue is this - I don't really find it keeps me matte through the day. I'm an oily girl, so it might just be my skin, but if a product is literally called matte...I expect great things.

If you've got dry/normal skin, this might be worth checking out! I won't be repurchasing, however.
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I was absolutely committed to this setting spray and really wanted to make it work. In fact, I almost completely finished my bottle before leaving this review. I've been playing with this setting spray and comparing it to my  Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray , and this is nothing like All Nighter. The pros of this setting spray are that it is a pretty fine mist and that the moment I spray it on, it does look like it's combining all of my makeup as one, and fixing it onto my face. But after it dries, that's it - there is absolutely no difference to my makeup for the rest of the day. My makeup doesn't look better, my skin is not more matte, and my makeup does not last longer. I tried it over and over again so many times, thinking "no way does this product do literally nothing, I have to try it again." But then, again, it would do nothing. I even did a half and half of my face last week - half of my face with this spray, and the other half with no setting spray at all. There was no difference in my makeup by the end of the day. Sorry NYX, but this setting spray just doesn't work.
Clara O.
How is this product? Is it good?
JF M.
Phoenix
Ive never used a setting spray. Is this one worth buying?
Bailey K.
Do you like the smell of this product? Do you find the scent is overpowering or too weak?
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
Did this make anyone break out? My pores get clogged pretty easily so I'm wondering if this will make my skin worse.
Jasmine
Nashville, TN
Has anyone tried this product before? If so, how did it go?