BY NYX #3 in Setting Spray

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Demand perfection! For that fresh makeup look that lasts, the Makeup Setting Spray - Matte is a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put.

Matte Finish / Long Lasting
Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Dewy Finish / Long Lasting
Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide.

• Is this good i have a store by my house called 5 and belo...9 Answers
  • Ive never used a setting spray. Is this one worth buying?100 Answers
  • What setting spray do you use ?🗣🌈🤭❗️💋 11 Answers
NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte
  • "this product was pretty good! it was a fair alternative to the ud all nighter. it’s definitely a great price and perfect if you are looking for something with a matte finish." in 6517 reviews
Sam E.
Chicago
I decided to try this setting spray after seeing a review that went viral, which was written by a girl who wrote that she was hit by car and her makeup still didn't budge. I was skeptical because I knew it was a "drugstore" setting spray and before using this I held the belief that expensive setting spray worked better, and this setting spray was certainly not expensive. I personally have not been hit by a car when using this setting spray, but I can tell you I have put it through everything short of that. My days start at 8am and end around midnight or 1am, and my makeup looks just as good at the end as it did when I put it at the start, which is incredible in and of itself. Not only are my days long, but they aren't days full of relaxing or sitting around. I am a full time student, so I am constantly walking back and forth between buildings, sometimes in the heat where I'm sweating or in the rain as I sprint from class to class. My hair and clothes may be gross and wet but my makeup still looks great. I also work at my campus dining hall, which involves a lot of standing over hot machines, including ovens and other equipment used to keep food hot and our dish machines which constantly sprays you in the face with hot steam. I leave work feeling hot and sweaty but my makeup doesn't melt, and I know that this setting spray is behind it. I can always tell if I forget to apply setting because I notice the difference within a couple hours, so it definitely does its job. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!
Erica P.
Morgantown, WV
This was one of the first setting sprays I ever used. As NYX has become more available in drugstores and other retailers, this product is very easy to find. This product has quite the cult following, so in addition to the very affordable retail price, I saw this as a good purchase.

I will say that it does a fantastic job at fixing your makeup in place. A little goes a long way, and the spray nozzle is great quality. It produces a fine mist instead of a firehose. Despite the bottle being kind of small, it lasts for quite a while. It’s a top-notch budget fixing spray that I’d recommend to just about anyone.

However, it’s not without flaws. As far as finish goes, it’s not matte. I still got a glossy sheen on top of my makeup that I’d have to go over with finishing powder if I was set on having a matte face. Second, as most setting sprays do, this has an alcohol base. Alcohol is a common skin irritant and can dry your face out, so that’s something to consider.

However, overall, this is a great product with only a couple gripes.
Danielle B.
Sterling, CT
I decided to pick up this product to add a little strength to my face and eye primers, to keep the makeup intact since I typically have a very long day without much time to reapply makeup. This setting spray definitely helps strength my primers to keep my make-up intact throughout the day but its difficult to cover your face in its entirety.

Prior to using this setting spray, I utilized face and eye primers to keep my makeup on. While it did a decent job, I noticed that typically by the eighth hour my makeup would begin to settle in the creases of my eyes due to oil and my forehead would begin to have a very heavy shine from oil. I wanted to extend the life of my makeup to match my thirteen hour day, where I do not have much time to reapply any makeup. In combination with my primers, this product is great. My makeup looks perfect by the time I come home after thirteen hours at work and at school. Everything on my eyes is in place and I have minimal shine on my forehead by the end of the day, so this product definitely helps keep my makeup cemented.

The only downside to this product is that its difficult to ensure proper coverage. You spray the product onto your face, but I find I need to use 4-5 sprays to ensure each side of my face and my forehead is covered. Sometimes the spray comes out heavier in some uses and weaker in others, so it can be difficult to pinpoint how much you've applied to your face.

Other than that, I definitely like this product and would use again.
Sabrina N.
Beaumont, CA
Let me start off by saying that I have very oily skin and finding the right products for my face is ALWAYS a pain in my right nalga🙄 I decided to try out the Matte Finish setting spray and GIRLLLLL let me tell you, this is by far my favorite! This product is very affordable ranging anywhere from $7-$10 v.s leading brands that can cost $30+. At the moment, NYX only has one size which is a 60ml bottle (so not so big) which is a downside, but compared to other setting sprays you are actually getting more for your money! Other companies give you half of the amount for double the cost. I purchased this bottle about 2 months ago and I still have half of a bottle left! After I do my makeup, I spray an “X “on my face and then let my face dry. If you ever spray too much, gently tap the areas with a clean finger and blend out any water spots. This setting spray keeps my face matte for about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up my face. The only con is that I find that the Matte Finish spray leaves my face looking a little dewy after it dries so I have to go back with a pressed powder to complete my look. But other than that it keeps my makeup locked in place and keeps my face matte
Shivani P.
I decided to try this setting spray in an effort to save some money with my daily makeup routine. After using it, I definitely realized it's a "drugstore" option. Yes, it does set my makeup down and keep it from rubbing off as easily, compared to when I don't use a setting spray, but the results aren't anything great.
My makeup does not stay put for a significantly long period of time and my makeup still rubs off. This doesn't help keep my skin matte either. Most importantly, the spray on the bottle is a bit inconvenient, and I have to spray 5 times just to get my entire face/neck area while risking getting too much on one part.

This may work for plenty of users, but I will not be purchasing this again. It is better than using nothing, but spending a little more money for a better quality one gets the job done much better.
Kristina H.
North Port
I purchased this product when I ran out of my favorite face primer and it was to late to purchase it at Ulta.
Thankfully Walmart is 24 hours and I was able to pick this one up quickly.
I have to say that I am very impressed with this setting spray from NYX.
Price is incredible. So much cheaper than my go to setting spray.
My first night wearing it was to my sister in laws wedding and I have to say that my face makeup stayed on through crying, laughing and dancing. We were in and out of the venue all day. Not to mention I was helping the wedding party with hair and makeup so my makeup had already been on since that morning. By 10pm (at least 10-11 hours after applying my makeup) my makeup still looked pretty good.
I have since used this product and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Maria C.
Somerville
I like this Nyx Makeup Setting Spray - Matte because it keeps my makeup lasting the entire day. I gives a nice matte finish without too much dryness. My t zone is usually very oily and this helps control it. It is powerful enough to make your oily spots matte, but not too powerful that it makes your face dry like a desert. The reason I give it 4 stars though is because for some reason it always makes my mascara run and i have tried waterproof mascara and it still makes it run, but there is a easy solution for that. I could just put mascara after the setting spray dries on my face and there wouldn’t be a problem. When I spray this onto one of my brushes, it does make the shimmery shade much more opaque, so that is another plus. Overall, good setting spray, would recommend, and I would buy again.
ESMERALDA M.
WOODBRIDGE, VA
To me is always very important to find a good setting spray because it will help me in  making last longer my makeup, unfortunately with this spray I did not feel it, saddly wasnt not helpful for my skin as other products are.
I would not buy it again because it did not work for me . But I still love NYX cosmetics has very good products and at affordable prices! just for reference i have a combination skin and i used this product around summer///Para mi siempre es muy importante encontrar un buen spray fijador porque me ayudara a que mi maquillaje me dure por bastante tiempo, con este spray no senti que fue de mucha yuda para mi piel como con otros productos, no lo compraria nuevamente por que no funciono para mi . Pero igual amo NYX tiene produtos muy buenos y a precios accesibles !!
katharine g.
I have extremely oily skin and even after several hours into school or work I will notice the oil start shining brightly leaving me feel anxious that I need to blot the access oil away. Otherwise I don’t have time and my makeup becomes a slidey mess. I will agree that not all setting sprays are equal and you have to find one that fits great for your face and its issues. I decided to give NYX Matte finish setting spray a try after reading an Influenster article about setting sprays. Far as drugstore setting sprays I am very happy with it. I like to spray at least once before applying my foundation to increase the longevity and have it dry more matte. You hold the spray about 10” from your face and spray and lightly dab off any access product with tissue. I find that about 4/5 hours my face is starting to gleam a little bit, but that’s enough time for me to go in and touch up if I need too. I feel like it sprays pretty evenly over the face and has a fine mist. The scent is subtle, but pleasant and barely noticeable after initial spray. Although I did wish it would last longer, I feel it gets the job done and is a great setting spray for its price
Ari W.
Palm Bay, FL
Wow! NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte this setting spray does NOT play around. I’ve seen reviews of this product lasting through car crashes and child births, but I never thought it’d actually DO that. First, the bottle is very cute and matte itself, kind of goes with the product itself. Once I did my makeup and sprayed this on my face I was ready for photos. The hot light in my room had my mind racing thinking my makeup was melting off! But I look in the mirror and I’m still - MATTE. Try it out!
Clara O.
How is this product? Is it good?
JF M.
Phoenix
Ive never used a setting spray. Is this one worth buying?
Bailey K.
Do you like the smell of this product? Do you find the scent is overpowering or too weak?
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
Did this make anyone break out? My pores get clogged pretty easily so I'm wondering if this will make my skin worse.
Jasmine
Nashville, TN
Has anyone tried this product before? If so, how did it go?

back