BY NYX

Instant gratification for your lips. Create the perfect canvas for lip color with this texture and color enhancing superhero. Lip Primer ensures that your lip product lasts and does not go outside the lines. Somebody get this product a cape!

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol , Isostearyl Isostearate, Isohexadecane, Microcrystalline Wax/ Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Jojoba Esters, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance/Parfum, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate.  MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850).

• Does this help to fill in lines/cracks for even lipstick applicat...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a really good lip primer that will make m...2 Answers
  • Does the product dry your lips out at all? What does it feel like?3 Answers
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
I didn't really take lip primers seriously.. I just figured as long as you keep your lips moisturized and exfoliate them every now and then you'd be fine. This product totally changed my mind! I won't put on lipstick without swiping this on first now. Let me tell you why. It makes putting on your lipstick so much easier because it goes on smoothr, your lipstick won't bleed, and your look stays a long time (even after eating - all I needed to do was touch it up a bit). Before I bought this product, wearing dark or bold colors (ie. black, burgundy, hot pink) was a challenge because I had to constantly check it to make sure it wasn't bleeding or smudging. With this primer, I know that I will never have smudged lipstick all over my face anymore. Thanks, NYX! You're the best.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I really love this lip primer! I use it to line my lips because I don't have any lip liners and then I fill it in and apply my lipstick over top of it. I really feel like it makes my lipstick last better and doesn't make the ends feather out. It's a lot cheaper than buying a lip liner for every lipstick you have and it comes in a decent size. Plus it's twist up so you don't have to worry about sharpening it constantly unless you want the tip pointed.
Hollie L.
I did not care for this at all. I didn't find that it did anything to help my lipstick last longer, and it balled up on the inside of my lips and made them dry and goopy. It was a bummer, since I've loved everything else I've tried from NYX. It's still one of my favorite brands, but if you're looking for something to make your lipstick go on smoothr and last longer, try the lip primer from Bite Beauty!
Shelby D.
Englewood, CO
I've never used a lip primer before but since I have liquid lipstick and usually chapped lips, it stemmed like a must. It was easy to apply but once I put my liquid lipstick on top it felt like I was putting the lipstick over chapstick and seemed slick. Although that didn't seem to mess up the staying power because I go all day without having to reapply anything to my lips.
Ashley D.
This is probably one of my least favorite products in my make up bag right now. It clumps and looks tragic if your lips are even the SLIGHTEST bit dry. Do not use if your lips are chapped. I don't think it makes your lips look smoother. It's inexpensive, but I will not be buying it again. Most likely going to throw it out.
Jenny D.
Harrison Twp, MI
This was my first time using lip primer. I figured for the low price of 6 bucks. Why not?! Now I have yet another guilty pleasure. I apply primer first, with my lip liner, topped of with a lipstick. Not only is it super easy to apply, it creates a very long lasting, sexy pout. No feathering, no smudging. Every girls dream.
Liz D.
I received this product in an ipsy bag and I was stoked. I have used it twice, and both times my lips have chapped so bad after using. They literally feel chemically burned this time around. I am not sure if it's the formula, or if I've had an allergic reaction, but I do know it's painful.
Wish I loved it, but I do not
Kimberly K.
Carlisle, PA
I think this lip primer is just okay. It's hydrating, but I could easily wear a chap stick or lip moisturizer . It's a good price, I'll continue to use it to use up what I have. I'll probably switch to another primer once this one runs out. If you're looking for something with a low price point I would recommend this.
I love how this primer allows me to ensure a smooth application of my lip products!
This doesn't really add a color to my lips, I know some lip primers kinda give a nude color so that the lip product has a more even color application, but even with this product not doing that, I still think it is a great deal!
katie g.
I'm not crazy about this. It smells good, but it's extremely dry. Like when I put it on it tugs my lips really hard. It also leaves a weird, waxy film on my lips. When I use it before a liquid lipstick, it stops the lipstick from sticking. It's better than nothing, but I wouldn't use it on a client.
Danielle G.
Carlisle, PA
I have really dry, chapped lips all year round which is a challenge when I want to wear lip color. Will this product help with that?
Jodie H.
Hey everyone! I'm in love with NYX liquid lipstick and was wondering if this is really a good investment?
Dioselin V.
Dallas, TX
I have been looking for new lip primers to try out. I love nyx products. I've heard good things about it. But does it actually help?
Priyanka B.
Spokane, WA
Does the product dry your lips out at all? What does it feel like?
Steph M.
Manhattan, KS
I have been very hesitant on buying this product because I don't want to spend the money, if it does not work very good. Does it actually help keep your lipstick color? Also, does it help moisturize your lips? Because matte lipstick might be the death of my lips if I don't find something soon! Lol