NYX Jumbo Eye PencilInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NYX #4 in Eyeliner

A radiant eyeliner that also doubles as an eyeshadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Our most voluptuous pencil yet! Our Jumbo Eye Pencils can be sharpened with a sharpener that has an opening for a large pencil. Get your NYX Professional Makeup Sharpener here.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:

Isononyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Carnauba, Polyethylene, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Electric Blue & Cobalt:

Sparkle Nude & Sparkle Green:

Isononyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Carnauba, Polyethylene, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Sparkle Leopard:

Isononyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Carnauba, Polyethylene, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

• Are these good for a drugstore dupe? I love nyx just never tried ...3 Answers
  • What are your favorite colors for the NYX jumbo eye pencils?162 Answers
  • Which one is your favorite shade? (:2 Answers
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil
  • "My favorite shade is 'rust' - it is a rusty, reddish bronze shade that looks amazing on its own, or as an eyeshadow base. " in 221 reviews
  • "The Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is great if you're using shadows that aren't very pigmented and you want to make them pop, but for me, it's not really a necessary product." in 88 reviews
  • "I use the shades Cashmere (my fave) on the lid and Milk the cult classic in the inner corner and browbone, and a I occasionally put shadows on top to enhance it." in 79 reviews
  • "I have this in the colors milk (very white) and cottage cheese (shimmery white) - I first saw Jaclyn Hill use them in a tutorial...I use them as both an eye shadow base (makes any color you apply pop!)" in 76 reviews
  • "Love love love this product I use the milk pencil for my eye premier and sometimes it works better than MAC...I also have other colors that I use for my water line. " in 74 reviews
Kelsie C.
Kelsie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I decided to purchase these after watching tons of reviews on YouTube and I must say that I am quite impressed. I wanted to get the black bean because I knew that it would be a get great base for a smoky eye and milk really helps to intensify any color that you are going to put on your lid. I apply my primer, apply the base (pencil) on top (blending it out), and then apply my eyeshadow. As you can see in the pictures the eyeshadows showed significantly more with the milk jumbo pencil as a base. For those of you who are wondering how to sharpen them. All you need to do is put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then sharpen them with a sharpener that has a large size for the pencil. I am so glad I now have these because they are going to take my eyeshadow skills to another level!

If you found my review helpful will you please let me know. Thank you!
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These eyeshadow sticks have such great color! There's a really nice range of colors to choose from, which makes it hard to pick a favorite. I use these as a base for a smoky eye look, but they also work really well as eyeliners, because they have the precision to go where you want but also smudge around when you want it to smudge.
My *only* complaint with these is that I have no idea how to sharpen it or get more product out once it's worn down to the stub and no longer has a point to the end. So far none of mine have worn down that far (surprisingly), so I haven't actually had trouble with it. These are affordable, but not cheap, which is why I'm worried about being able to sharpen it.
If you can figure that out then it's totally worth the buy. I'm going to keep using them and probably purchase more colors!
Jaecyn B.
Jaecyn B.
Belfair, Washington
This is probably my all time favorite NYX product! It's super versatile: can be used as an eyeliner, and eyeshadow, an eyeshadow base, etc. I know all the reviews say those three things, so here's my other use for it that not many people do--or at least I haven't heard of other people doing this! I like using these as a lip color. After moisturizing and then lining my lips with a nude or clear lip liner, I just apply it like lip stick. It's not as drying as many matte lipstick, doesn't slip or smear, and it lasts ALL. DAY. LONG.

My other favorite way to use these is to create the coveted cut crease look. I use an angled brush to apply to my lid, cutting out that hard crease, and depending on which color I used, I either cover with eyeshadow or leave it like that! Super easy and simple.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
These are very good and pigmented. I personally don't know if it is good for an natural makeup look, but I'm sure it is possible. You can do a 1 shadow look with one of these easily. However, I only use this for show makeup like performances for color guard. So, I can say that these last a long time (probably a whole day as long as you don't smudge them with your fingers). These jumbo eye pencils are perfect for halloween makeup where you need some pigminted eyeshadows to draw something. Also, they are easy to use since they are in stick form and you get a lot of precision. Something I will tell you now is that the pointy tip will wear down easily (probably after 2-3 uses), so have a sharpener on hand.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Gastonia, NC
I have a few of these and they are great to do a quick eye in the morning. However, I still see some creases so make sure you use a primer with these before hand. It also helps to set them with either dry shadow on top or a setting spray if no additional color is needed. I do not have typically oily skin so the crease in the eye fold does irk me a bit. I ordered mine from the NYX site which is fine if you are ordering an array of stuff as you can receive free shipping on orders over $25 or you can buy a more limited selection at ULTA and Target. The price is spot on for the quality and the quality is better than some of the clinique chubby eye pencils I have tried.
Grace S.
Grace S.
Newberg, OR
These are so undervalued, they truly are an amazing multi tasking pencil! I've used mine as eyeliner, eyeshadow, and a base for other eye shadows. They last all day and don't crease or get oily. Plus the colors are so vibrant! I have the colors "Black Bean" "Cashmere" and " Iced Mocha". Iced Mocha is my all time favorite but I have my eye on getting the "strawberry milk" color as well. They are great if you don't have a ton of experience with eye makeup or just want an easy and quick look. I have gotten so many compliments when I wear them! You get a lot of product for the price and with so many colors these are a must have for any makeup lovers collection!
Hannah E.
Hannah E.
Austin, TX
I honestly use these for everything. I'm a high school student and I always go to the friday night football games and use the black and white pencils to write my friends numbers on my face and body and it works really well. I also am a big fan of the shade yogurt as a cream eyeshadow!! These also work really well with cut crease looks if you sharpen it well enough. Overall i'm completely in love with them and always find myself buying new ones in different crazy colors just to try things out and have fun with them. They last long which is good, and aren't completely drying so it leaves a semi dewy look, but it's absolutely gorgeous when used properly!!!
Alex P.
Alex P.
American Fork, UT
The jumbo eye pencil by Nyx is one of the go to liners for every makeup artist. When going through YouTube videos, I came by at least half of the tutorials using this products especially in the color "milk". I bought this in the color white (milk). I really like using it as an eye primer because it blends extremely easily, it allows me to do a cut crease with ease. My one concern with this product is when I put it in my water line, it gets very diluted.

Pros:
Easy to blend
Great color
Easy to use
Can be an eyelid primer

Cons:
Gets diluted
Can't get the most precise movements

Overall:
Great product, will buy again.
Kylah M.
Kylah M.
Kathleen, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this product in the shade "Milk." It's just a matte white base. I do enjoy this product. It does help make colorful eye shadows and even neutral shadows pop on dark skin, but I cannot wear this as a base of primer alone. It creases horribly on me, especially during the summer when my eyelids are super oily. Also, the packaging is a hassle because regular pencil sharpeners (even the ones with the larger slot for jumbo pencils) don't actually sharpen this pencil- I had to buy the Nyx sharpener for it. It's a good product, but a bit of maintenance is required to use it.
Mischa M.
Mischa M.
Greenwood Lk, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
My review is based on Milk. Like the rest of the world, Milk is my go to for any sort of highlight on my eyes. I'm incredibly happy that it is now available in places like Target and CVS. A lot more accessible than having to go out of my way to find an Ulta! I love the formula. Its not TOO creamy and soft but its also not too hard. I have used pencils in the past that have actually hurt!

Milk is also a good base for eye-shadow. It gives a nice even start. I keep it in my bag so I always have it on me. I honestly think I couldnt love a product more!
Alyce O.
Alyce O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What are your favorite colors for the NYX jumbo eye pencils?
Katharine A.
Katharine A.
London, Greater London
Does this smudge off during the day?
Emily H.
Emily H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your favorite color of the nyx jumbo eye pencil?
Dawn H.
Dawn H.
San Antonio, TX
Where is the best place to get these? I'd like to try them...
Tayler W.
Tayler W.
Kaukauna, WI
Does this eye pencil crease at all?