NYX Intense Butter GlossInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NYX #15 in Lip Gloss

Smother your lips with a silky gloss bursting with color! Our Intense Butter Gloss has the same mouth-watering texture and scent of the original formula with even more color payoff in 12 new delectable shades.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Napoleon, Banana Split, Funnel Delight & Sorbet
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Berry Strudel
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Toasted Marshmellow, Orangesicle, Chocolate Crepe & Tres Leches
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

Apple Crisp
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

Black Cherry Tart
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120),  Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Spice Cake
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Peanut Brittle, Cookie Butter & Cinnamon Roll
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Cranberry Pie & Chocolate Apple
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Oatmeal Raisin
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Cherry Custard
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

• Does the gloss stay on for a long time? Does it stay on all day?3 Answers
  • Would you consider this more as a lipstick topper or could you we...67 Answers
Reviews (1973)
Meredith S.
Meredith S.
Berkley , MI
What a great find! I've actually heard quite a bit of good things about NYX's lip products so I finally got to an Ulta and picked up a few of these. I LOVE these Intense Butter Glosses. They have really rich pigment (I have been using Toasted Marshmallow) and the shine is that in the name, intense. Because winter has arrived, my lips dry out quite a bit - even when I treat them at night. It was a nice change of pace to purchase a glossy lip color, instead of a matte liquid lip. Believe me, I have pretty much everything in my makeup kit, but it's been awhile since I purchased a glossy lip color.

I feel they really keep my lips hydrated, not insanely sticky (most glosses will obviously have a stickiness to them, this does not seal my mouth shut), beautiful color selection, excellent pigmentation, and of course the price is right (about $5 a pop)! The longevity of this product is pretty consistent with that of any lip gloss. It will come off a bit when you eat or drink - I do touch up after large meals.

Because Toasted Marshmallow is a bolder color, I find that I did have to use an anti-feathering lip pencil with it because there was a tiny amount of bleeding the first time I wore it.

Bottom line: affordable, comfortable, and beautiful!
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.
This color orangesicle is insane! I know it says intense in the title but by no means did I think it would be out of this world bright! Literally one swipe pigmentation. This color is definitely not for the natural stained lips types because trust me it is like rock em sock em Crayola orange lips.

As far as the quality goes it is super creamy I mean it literally goes on like butter if anything maybe even a little too much. The fact that is is so creamy makes it kinda tricky to apply because you gotta be really careful that is isn't just sliding all over your lips. A little goes a long way trust me. Another thing is I would definitely not eat while wearing this color otherwise your gonna look like you made out with a melted crayon. If you drink make sure to use a straw! Be on the safe side and just wipe it off and reapply after! Better safe sorry.

Really over all just a beautiful color though if your someone like me who likes a bold daring lip. The best way to wear and pull this color off is with a simple classic winged liner. You can't go wrong with a classic look with a bold lip to modern it up. Must have color for orange lip lovers!
Miriam M.
Miriam M.
Tampa, FL
YASSS HONEY! I loofa the NYX butter glosses. I haven't tried anything like them. I wouldn't say slippery because that's not an attractive word but that's how smooth these glosses are. I hate lip glosses with scents period because so many glosses of disgusted me or turn be off from wearing them based on their scent but this one has a fairly diminishable scent that's very buttery and vanilla-y (not in a sickeningly sweet way). I got a nude color and a berry-like color and they complimented my dark (African-American type dark) skintone beautifully..except for the nude one - that was a bit off but still okay. I didn't given them a 5 because they can go on pretty thick.
Arissa G.
Arissa G.
Bothell, WA
Review for: Black Cherry Tart
I bought this on a whim when I was at Target. The first time I wore it, I put it on plain dry lips, it wore off really really fast, and feathered a quite bit at the edges. Not so happy with that. The second time I layered it over NYX hot pink lip liner, because I didn't have a nude or a dark liner to use under it, SO I figured I'd experiment. And OMG. It looked amazing. It was still the dark cherry color. But I went out to eat and it started to wear off a bit in the center of my lips, and created this amazing ombre hot pink to dark purple look that was fantastic. I was in a hurry and forgot to take a picture, and now I wish I would have.
Kristine F.
Kristine F.
Ballwin, MO
Really amazing lipgloss! I have the shade tres leches and it is a great dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in Kristen. I have tried the regular butter gloss and loved it so I figured I would love this as well. I like the application better but I like the scent and glossiness of he original. Since this gloss is suppose to be more pigmented, hence the name "intense butter gloss," the glossiness is more thick and less smooth and buttery. The gloss isn't as sheer as the original and will definitely cover your natural lip color so if you like that you will like be this lip gloss!
Maggie D.
Maggie D.
College Sta, TX
Review for: Tres Leches
This is by far my favorite lip gloss ever. It is a bit tacky which comes with the color payoff but it is still less tacky than most lip glosses. It isn't any more sticky than the original butter glosses in my opinion. The colors show up very well and that is the best part. The original butter glosses aren't very pigmented but they have more selection. These are very pigmented but there isn't the best selection. Tres Leches is the best shade they have in my opinion, it works on just about every skin tone. I wish they made more colors of this formula, I would buy more of them for sure.
Maisie P.
Maisie P.
Madison, WI
Review for: Toasted Marshmallow
I love this lip gloss. it is so pigmented and creamy, and it lasts a long time. I think that this particular color looks great on all skin colors, especially people with darker skin. this is a great fall color for me, but I find myself reaching for it year round. my only complaint is that as I go throughout the day, it kind of dries out my lips. it is almost like a long lasting liquid lip stick, so if you know how that wears through the day it is pretty similar to this. I don't have very dry lips, so I don't mind. defiantly recommend this product!
Bailey B.
Bailey B.
Review for: NYX Intense Butter Gloss Trio Set
Gosh these colors are so pretty! They are more pigmented than your average gloss and they glide easy over the lips. Using them without a lip liner leaves you with a more natural look, but also room for bleeding - so beware! If you use these glosses over a lip liner, they last a little longer and you have less of a chance of bleeding. With that being said, they don't last long, maybe 2 hours at most. Even when the gloss texture is gone, a little bit of the color hangs around. They're pretty and easy to wear, but I want a longer wear out of them!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
I am going to be upfront: I am not a lipgloss kind of girl. I am especially not the "intense" shocking type of lipgloss kind of girl. But because I am a massive lover of Nyx and their original Butter Gloss line, I purchased the colour "Spice Cake" during my last haul and I am in love! I have only had it for a couple of days but I've worn it several times--buttery smooth with a high shine, the pigmentation is out of this world and definitely not like your typical lipgloss. It gives off full coverage and will stop people in their tracks.
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
I am not at all a fan of these. Now keep in mind I HATE the feeling of lip gloss. I will say these are super pigmented. That being said they are SO sticky and goopy it's literally hard to handle. That makes them hard to wear because they colors are so pigmented but slide around. Was not a fan. The original butter glosses are a lot better. I think if you are someone who likes lip gloss and likes a thick gloss and wants some color in your life you will love these.

Wouldn't recommend personally. ☺️💕💫
Kathlynn H.
Kathlynn H.
Fresno, CA
Would you consider this more as a lipstick topper or could you wear this on its own
Chizaram I.
Chizaram I.
Norwalk, CA
Does the product make your lips matte or glossy
Karina B.
Karina B.
What's your favorite butter gloss color?
Mayte S.
Mayte S.
Oklahoma City, OK
Does this go on like matte or glossy look
Audra T.
Audra T.
How sticky is this? Does it look good on medium skin tones