NYX Intense Butter GlossInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NYX #32 in Lip Gloss

Smother your lips with a silky gloss bursting with color! Our Intense Butter Gloss has the same mouth-watering texture and scent of the original formula with even more color payoff in 12 new delectable shades.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Napoleon, Banana Split, Funnel Delight & Sorbet
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Berry Strudel
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Toasted Marshmellow, Orangesicle, Chocolate Crepe & Tres Leches
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

Apple Crisp
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

Black Cherry Tart
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120),  Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Spice Cake
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Peanut Brittle, Cookie Butter & Cinnamon Roll
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Cranberry Pie & Chocolate Apple
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Oatmeal Raisin
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Cherry Custard
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polyisobutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).

• Does the gloss stay on for a long time? Does it stay on all day?3 Answers
  • Do you like the Intense colors?2 Answers
  • Would you consider this more as a lipstick topper or could you we...67 Answers
NYX Intense Butter Gloss
  • "I absolutely love this gloss!! pretty good color payoff but my favorite thing is the texture!!! very moisturizing and shiny without the typical stickiness " in 450 reviews
  • "This is an amazing lip gloss. This gloss has perhaps the highest amount of color payoff without being too sticky or heavy on the lips. It's incredibly moisturizing and very long lasting, way more long lasting than what you would expect from a gloss. Highly Recommended! " in 378 reviews
  • "This is an amazing lip gloss. This gloss has perhaps the highest amount of color payoff without being too sticky or heavy on the lips. It's incredibly moisturizing and very long lasting, way more long lasting than what you would expect from a gloss. Highly Recommended! " in 211 reviews
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Tres Leches more...
I've mentioned this in prior reviews, but I'm not crazy about lip glosses. The first gloss I ever actually LIKED was the NYX Butter Gloss, so when these came out, I had to give them a try. And they are just as lovely!

The shade range is nice, and the packaging is cute - almost identical to that of the Butter Glosses. These are MUCH more pigmented than the original, but it has the same incredibly smooth formulation. This stuff is a LITTLE bit stickier, but not to the point of annoyance. My only issue with this gloss is that it does move around on the lips, and will bleed outside of your lip line if you don't use a liner.

Other than those small issues, this is a great formula. If you're looking for a gloss that packs a punch pigment-wise, this one from NYX is a hit.
Joy P.
Review for: Black Cherry Tart, Banana Split more...
Nyx intense butter gloss is amazing. It's just like the original butter glosses but more of a colorful punch impact. I have the bannana split and berry cherry tart which are very 2 different shades. Pigmented so much the only con is it does slip and slide on your lips and sometimes runs on the sides but the color is clear. NYX Intense Butter Gloss
Stephanie C.
Im a huge fan of the regular NYX Butter Glosses! So, of course I wanted to try the newer, brighter, more pigmented colors. The Intense Butter Glosses are much more pigmented, so if you want more of an opaque color from your gloss, this is it. However, I also found this version much more sticky. The color lasts but still comes off easily if you are drinking, eating etc. It also will smudge around if you arent careful with the brighter colors like I got. Personally, Ive only bought 1 of these as to where the original butter glosses I just "had to have" them all. These just left me less impressed.
Brandy D.
Review for: Sorbet more...
So everybody raved about how great these butter glosses were from Nyx so I bought a bunch. I’m just not a big loss fan even though these have quite a bit of pigment, they’re not my cup of tea. I may change here in a few months as I tried to keep up with the trends. I just prefer a matte lip. But I would not judge my review if you like a gloss these may be really nice! Try them for yourself please.
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Review for: Cookie Butter more...
I hate to give a negative review because I'm a huge fan of NYX products, but I hated everything about this butter gloss. I will say that reading through the other reviews here, I found that what I didn't like about this product is what many other Influensters loved about it - so please don't take just my word for it! The gloss was awesome in the fact it wasn't sticky or thick - but my gosh I felt I had no control in application whatsoever. It's so creamy that it's nearly impossible to place the right amount of product in the right spot. If you try this product out, WIPE THE APPLICATOR OFF on the side of the tube before going towards your face or you will end up with a glob of gloss on your lip and not enough lip to use it all. Great formula for a clear gloss, but not for dark browns, reds or purples going all over your face.
Deanna D.
Electra, TX
Review for: Berry Strudel more...
I got this in my NYX calendar, and as soon as I opened it, I was resistant to wearing it. Of course I swatched it a couple times and tried figuring out what to do. I was truly intimidated by this color. I ended up applying this over the  NYX Lip Lingerie in after hours. I didn't use the applicator to go over though, instead i used a lip brush. This color combo turned out amazing. The brown really toned down the purple, but it is still purple. Always try new things, don't let colors intimidate you. I honestly love this new color combo and I plan to wear it again! Sorry for the really love quality picture, but it looks amazing in person!
Courtney W.
Auburn, WA
If you are looking for a lip gloss with a lot of shine this is definitely the one. It comes in a ton of shades and for a shiny gloss it sticks around for quite a while. The only reason I gave it three stars was because personally I don't really care for shiny lip glosses I'm more of a matte lip color or lip balm kind of person and I personally thought it was a little bit on the Sticky Side but that could be because I don't particularly like that finish either but if shinies your thing it's great
Jes B.
N Brunswick, NJ
Review for: Cookie Butter more...
I do not recommend the shade cookie butter for women that are medium/tan skinned tone. I put it on and it was super whiteish and just looked crazy. I had seen women with slightly darker complexions wear this color and it looked gorgeous. I purchased it hoping it would give me the same look and it definitely did not. I'm not sure if it's because I have more pinky-toned lips so the color just came across way too light. Although the scent is great (similar to butterscotch), it was sticky and I just wasn't a fan.
Amanda D.
Budd Lake, NJ
I was really pleasantly surprised with this gloss. I have used the butter glosses and other glosses from NYC in the past and they tend to be a bit sheer but this intense gloss is just that, intense and the color you see is what you get. I bought several of these because the pigmentation was just so great and the gloss was really long lasting and comfortable to wear. Would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a bold lip product!
Jenness S.
Columbus , MS
Review for: Cranberry Pie more...
I typically love NYX lip products but I am not a huge fan of this product in particular. I bought Cranberry Pie for a bold red color but it turns out to be more pink after a little bit of wear. I have fair skin with pink undertones so it is easy for many red tones to look pink on me. Overall I mainly wasn't a fan of how messy this product us upon application but still love the NYX brand for great affordable lip products!
Kathlynn H.
Fresno, CA
Would you consider this more as a lipstick topper or could you wear this on its own
Chizaram I.
Norwalk, CA
Does the product make your lips matte or glossy
Karina B.
What's your favorite butter gloss color?
Mayte S.
Oklahoma City, OK
Does this go on like matte or glossy look
Audra T.
How sticky is this? Does it look good on medium skin tones