NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer

Inspired by honey’s golden glow, we developed a primer that neutralizes the appearance of discoloration and redness. Our innovative light reflective gold flecks create a luminous look that will help keep your skin looking radiant all day.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Betaine, Honey Extract/Mel Extract/Extrait de Miel, Collagen Extract,  Portulaca Oleracea Extract,  Hyaluronic Acid,  Bifida Ferment Lysate, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract,  Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract,  Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract,  Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract,  Lilium Tigrinum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract,  Iris Ensata Extract,  Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract,  Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract,  Allantoin,  Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide,  Panthenol, Benzophenone-5, Disodium EDTA, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol,   Fragrance/Parfum, Gold (CI 77480). MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Does this keep your face moisturized?
NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer What do you think about this product?
Is this product worth it?
Start your review of NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer!
Product Highlights
“i was very skeptical to try this out, because i thought it’d make me even more oily, and it really didn’t, but it did make my face feel more moisturized, and made my foundation last.” in reviews
“i have super dry skin and after buying this and applying it before my make up it made my dry face hydratingin reviews
“...before i put my primer on and my skin has cleared up (i have hormonal acne and dry skin). it is super tiny though, and while a little goes a long way it isn't a ton of product for the price point. it's also always sold out which is really frustrating!” in reviews
Seriously, buy this. This photo is taken in natural light with no filter and my skin NEVER looks this good. Mix it with your foundation and then apply to your cheekbones before using a powder highlight and then be amazed at your complexion. The bottle isn't huge but I'll be damned if it only take a little bit to get the desired results. I'll be buying the product over and over again for a long time .
Coachella, CA
This primer is the best primer you can get at a drug store this is the best primer i wonder why it's not high end nyx has so many great products i love them all and this primer is the best I definitely recommend it
Cottondale, AL
This primer is awesome! The flecks of gold keep your skin looking glowy and the collagen tightens it! Great price for a great product!
Phoenix, AZ
THIS was sticky and made my makeup clump. I would not recommend this product. It was horrible and I don't like it.
It primes your face really good and your foundation goes on really smoothly. It is a little pricey for its size.
Myrtle Beach, SC
This is an okay primer by Nyx.I thought because it's NYX, which I Love the brand,& it was more expensive for Drugstore(almost $20 as much as some highend prestige brands) that it'd be GREAT.& It did look SUPER GORGE on the shelf;SUPER luxe & chic in a thick glass expensive looking bottle filled with a PRETTY gold liquid & gold flecks.Very highend looking.ESPECIALLY for NYX that uses a lot of plastic packaging.Also,I Love honey/honey scents.& I'm obsessed with dewy foundation bases for my dry skin type,so I thought that I'd ABSOLUTELY really like this"honey dew me up"primer.But it fell short.Upon opening,it surprisingly  has a cheap plastic spatula applicator that's attached to the lid.It isn't practical or hygienic at all & makes application WIERD;should definitely have a pump.The formula also fell short.It has GREAT skincare ingredients-collagen & Jasmine.HOWEVER after further review I found out it does contain high concentration of denatured alcohol,which is bad to put on skin that's already dry.The consistency of it was odd;not like the texture of any other liquid primer I own or have applied before out of hundreds.It's VERY oily then oddly very sticky.It doesn't smell like honey at ALL;ONLY similarity is gold color & sticky aspect.It did seem to smooth the face out a bit once it was drying down quickly.However the gold flecks that I thought would help illuminate,or dissolve into the skin,just sit ontop the face like bits of glitter.It wasn't as bad as the Joah Beauty primer,but flakes are noticeable.Despite alcohol,the collagen/Jasmine/ hyaluronic acid did seem to prep & make the face feel smooth,didn't burn,or dry out my skin.But it isn't a good primer for any type of foundation base.It should be labeled as a face oil or serum instead of a primer.Jt didn't help create a flawless dewy bright foundation base,& the gold flecks can leave added texture.It's just an overall miss.I wouldn't repurchase.I should've returned it.
Merced, CA
NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer uploaded by Marisol L.
I LOVEEEEE THISSS STUFF! I was so hesitant to try this because I have oily to combo skin and it looks like oil but it is NOT oily at all or runny. Since using this it has made my foundation look and feel amazing. It looks flawless and like my face was blurred or photoshopped. I also wear it alone because it makes my face feel hydrated but not oily and it dries really fast. When you first apply it it feels sticky but trust me it goes away immediately. My best friend has really dry skin and she loves it as well she’s the one who got me to try it! And I’m so glad I did I’m not going back to any other primer. Also at target you can get it much cheaper if you price match with the price on the target app just ask the cashier and they will do it for you. It’s definitely worth the price everyone should try this product for themselves to see the magic this little bottle has. I’m almost done with mine which I have had for about 2-3 months now. You won’t regret using this guys!
Overall, it doesn't give me breakouts or irritation. I use this as a serum sometimes because it's quite hydrating.
I like the glossy effect it has when i put on my makeup- it's dewy and fresh. However this product work best as a moisturizer, not a primer- makeup would slip away if applied directly after it. Also, if you are not a fan of the slicky, oily feeling then this isn't the best product for you (i personally like the glass skin effect so it's right for me).
the gold flakes are visible which looks pretty but does nothing much for my skin.
the spatula isn't hard to use, but you have to be patient and wait for product to stop dripping.
product runs out fast, and it's pricey. i would buy it again, but maybe when it's on sale.
Worcester
Purchased at: Amazon
I tried this because my cheeks are naturally really red and I have some acne marks on my forehead. I don't really wear foundation, I either go without it or use a tinted moisturizer, so I wanted to see if this primer could sort of blur my redness. It didn't really blur but it did make my skin very dewy and glowy. It's not really like a skin oil, it starts off with the consistency of a gel skin mask then dries up somewhat. I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks) and I found that if I wear this primer alone without any other skin makeup my forehead and nose get SUPER oily and shiny. So if you have oily skin I'd avoid this product unless you're wearing foundation over it. If I wear this primer with my tinted moisturizer with a light layer of setting powder I found that it actually worked perfectly, my skin didn't get too oily and it also didn't dry out or leave my makeup looking patchy. All around decent product, works well with foundation/tinted moisturizers but it didn't have a blurring effect so it's not all it's hyped to be. I ordered it on amazon for $7 which I think is much more reasonable for the quality compared to $17 at other places. Definitely not a $20 product but still decent.
Chester , PA
When I first spotted this primer I was very intrigued and more than excited to try it. I’m a huge fan of honey and personally believe it does wonders for the skin. This primer feels soooo good on my skin Not too thick but primes very well. It makes my skin soft and leaves it with a beautiful glow. The primer is very moisturizing and I wear it under my makeup as well as by itself. I feel like it leaves my skin looking naturally beautiful and healthy. A little goes a long way so you don’t need much to cover your whole face. This primer sort of feels like a serum and dries down nicely instantly absorbing into the skin. It does leave a very slight tacky feeling but not to the point where it is uncomfortable to wear. A very good primer and not only improves the look of my makeup but the overall look of my skin.

290 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a 10 jours
NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer What do you think about this product?
Ifeayiwan C. • il y a 10 jours
I do not recommend this for oily or combination skin this primer is for dry skin and it gives you a dewy finish while hydrating your skin before makeup application 👍🏽🙏🏽
Bern
il y a un mois
NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer Hej girls can you recommend this primer? Can you tell me something about? How it feels on the skin or something else?👋🏾🌹
Mona A. • il y a un mois
I recommend it! I haven’t used it in a while, But I remember when I did use it I feel in love and it felt super hydrating. I finished the bottle, But I think I’m gonna reorder it because my skin has been dry lately. If you have oily skin, it may not be for you. Otherwise its really nice :))