BY NYX #5 in Contouring Kits

Define your features like a pro with our refillable highlight and contour palette! Each set includes eight customizable highlighting and contouring shades perfect for emphasizing your favorite features. When it's time to swap out a pan or two you can find the palette's Pro Singles here.

Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate

May Contain:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850).

• Is this a creamy or dry palette?3 Answers
  • Is this worth the hype and is it a good dupe for the Kat Von d pa...1 Answers
  • Where can you buy this in the U.K.? (Scotland) 2 Answers
Gwynedolyn P.
Union City, CA
I use this palette on the daily! The two things I love most about it are the contour colors and the banana powder. The contour colors are definitely amazing to use on your face and it gives the definition you need to create a sharp contour. I like mixing my contours to give my face a different look. I love how the contour colors give you options for looks-- whether it be for day or night looks. I use the darkest color for night looks and the lighter shades for everyday. The banana powder I LOVE! Sets my concealer beautifully! The only thing I'm not impressed with are the highlighters. Not great for my skin tone and when I try to work with it or pair it with another highlighter, it wears off pretty quickly... probably after an hour or two. I love highlighting and this was upsetting. I do love that you can pop out the colors and refill whatever you need. I also replaced one of the highlighters with a matte blush instead since I don't care too much about the highlighters. I did love the palette though and bought one for my niece for her birthday! Hopefully, another palette comes out to be more deep/olive skin tone friendly.
Erin H.
Tannersville, PA
I own pretty much every contour kit on the market. From high end to drug store, this is by far my favorite one!! I thought nothing could beat my Kat Von D shade and light palette, but, I WAS WRONG!!! From the smooth, creamy texture of the powders, to the blendability and pigmentation, this is by far the best kit on the market and it works for so many skin tones! I'm on my second one of these now and I loved my first, but, they actually redid a few shades and now I love it even more! All of the contours are matte now, and, they are the perfect colors for creating shadow and dimension on your face!! The highlights are amazing, by far my favorite of any kit, and leave such a beautiful, smooth airbrushed finish! And the Illuminators, OMG!! Ice queen, the lighter, silver toned highlight is pry my all time fave highlighter! It leaves such a gorgeous glow to the skin! If I could, I would give it 10 stars! And at half the price of any other high end contour kit, you can not beat the price!
kelsey m.
Surrency, GA
So a little while back I decided to give the contour thing a try but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a palette when I didn't really know what I was doing. So to dip my feet into the water I decided to give the NYX Contour Palette a try. I ordered mine from Ulta.com and received free shipping (a bonus right!). Plus the great think about Ulta is they run sales all the time and ALWAYS on NYX products! Like buy one get one half off and then they always have a $3.50 coupon which you could apply too! I love the variety of shades in this palette. They have cool tones and warm tones. As well as shades that will work for a variety of skin tones. The Palette comes with four highlight and four contour shades. And a cool thing about this palette is you can depot the shades and put them in a Z Palette if you wish. Plus the shades have great pigmentation. So the next time you're in your local Ulta, and see this palette pick it up! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised just like me!!
Merit B.
Encinitas, CA
I was pleasantly surprised with this palette, especially for the price! In the day and age of YouTube make-up mavens and Kim Kardashians, contouring has finally come to the mainstream and allows the average Joe affordable options. The color selection is great, but I would recommend for light-medium complexions only. I've seen mixed reviews on the yellow shade ranging from too strong to not enough pigment. I exclusively use this to mask the blue under my eyes so it works perfectly for my needs. Some of the reviews label the contouring shades as too dark for fair skin, but if your are using this in conjunction with a decent foundation it does the job quiet well. I've used this with fair skin and now into a medium with my summer tan and have found it to be a great way to make a flawless face in under five minutes.
Alex B.
This is the only powder contour I use. I love the colors on the bottom row; they're so pigmented and a little goes a long way. Although I think the bottom row of colors are great, I gave this 3 stars because 1) The top row of colors I'm not a fan of at all and never use. On my skin tone, the top row of colors leaves me looking ashy and the undertones don't compliment me. I tried baking with the 3rd color from the left and that was a complete fail and 2) The bottom colors are all dark browns and it would've been nice if they weren't all so dark for those fairer beauties out there. I feel like the shade difference between the top row and bottom row is very wide. In my opinion, it seems like only fairer people could use the top and people of color could only use the bottom. Just my two cents :)
Megan S.
East Ellijay, GA
This palette was is great if you just getting into contouring or want to try for bronzers. The top row is perfect for setting your under eye, and the then the shimmer color is a great highlight even on fair skin. The second row is has your darker shades to use to contour. I have tried just about each shade and was pleased, however some of the darker shades are darker for fair skin so the littlest amount goes along way. I recommend this palette to everyone. The one thing I wish is that it had refillable options like the Kat Von D, I have hit pan on a few shades, and am trying to hold off before buying another palette. If you could buy shades individually and put back in the palette that would take this to the next level. I will still buy this and use it though, great price and product.
Justine L.
West Boylston, MA
I use this palette almost every day. I love the third contour shade, which is called sculpt if you look on the back. And I love the banana shade the third shade in, to highlight underneath my eye and also to set my concealer. Although I do love that banana powder what I don't like about it is it has a weird bumpy texture. I don't know if it is just mine but that's the only complaint I have for this palette. Other than that this palette is awesome in the first row there is an actual glows highlight you can use to highlight for your cheekbones and it's absolutely beautiful. This palette can work for mostly every skin skin tone because there's a really deep contour shade for deeper skin tones and a light contour shade for fair skin tones, same with the highlight colors.
JOHENY T.
Me gusta el amor gustan esta paleta. Cuando primero comencé a contornear usé a Anastasia Beverly las Colinas un y luego un poco después nyx salieron con éste. Yo debería acabar de esperar y he salvado mi dinero porque esta paleta es tanto mejor que Anastasia un. Esto tiene más sombras, y aún 2 toques de luz que Anastasia uno no trabajaba para mí. Esto también tiene el contorno diferente / bronzer las sombras que son perfectas para mi tono de piel clara. Yo no podía ser un poco más feliz con esta paleta. Cada uno definitivamente tiene que intentarlo. El único inconveniente de ello es las consecuencias cuando usted baña el cepillo en. Otro que esto es muy pigmentado y asombroso. ¡5 estrellas!
Jacob F.
Fenton, MI
Love this contour palette. Purchased this product from target and ulta. Nyx once again has succeded a providing a quality product at a reasonable price. First off the banana highlight works great for illuminating under your eyes and lifting the arch of the brow, then I like to use the bone highlight to bring forward my desired areas like forehead, bridge of nose, cheekbones and chin. As for the contouring shades, two of these shades contain more ashy tones which are great for creating the desired shadow. But the other two shades contain some red tones so be careful on the amount of makeup applied because it has a tendency to create a fake tan apperance that isn't always desirable.
Michael S.
Albuquerque, NM
I'm giving this product a 2/5 star because the product itself can be very chalky and not creamy or smooth, for 25$ at Ulta you can get a better contour kit like Kat Von D's shade and light. They just don't deposit much colour for me, looks very powdery on my skin (and I do take care of my skin so that isn't the issue) I still use this every day but only because I don't want a product to go to waste. if you have medium to fair skin then the colour range for the contouring will work great for you since they all have some sort of taupe/grey undertone so it looks more like a shadow but with a tiny bit of warmth to it. I find myself only using the contour shades though!
Elizabeth R.
Would this be a good starter for contour? I have never contoured before and I'm kind of scared to waste money on a high-end product if I'm not going to know how to use it LOL.
Paola B.
I'm looking for a contouring palette that is affordable but good quality. I have fair skin so bad makeup up shows right away. How good is this contouring palette? Recommend or...?
Ana G.
Canby, OR
Can you get this at a drugstore?
Amber W.
Exeter, CA
Is the cream contour hard to use? I have been wanting to learn how to contour but I don't know if I should start with a cream one or a powder one. Is this worth buying if i have never contoured before?
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Where can I purchase this ?