BY NYX #34 in Blush

A high definition lightweight blush that blends evenly. This vibrant and silky blush delivers a beautiful flush of color and is paraben free.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Nude’tude, Coraline, Summer, Baby Doll, Amber, Deep Plum & Mauve N’ Out
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Tuscan, Bright Lights & Intuition
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Bitten
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol,. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Soft Spoken
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Rose Gold
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Crimson
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

• I've seen it mentioned a few times that there is a blush ...3 Answers
  • What is your favorite NYX High Definition Blush color?2 Answers
  • What shades would you recommend for darker skin? 2 Answers
NYX High Definition Blush
  • "i purchased nude, since i don't have anything like it. it's fairly neutral, i don't see any hints of pink or orange, and it's slightly darker than my skin tone (nc20). the color is just fine for minimal makeup days or if i don't want color on my cheeks but still want to looks polished ( this isn't dark enough to contour with). the compacts are tiny, but they're sleek and you get a decent amount of product. this colour in particular kicks up a lot of powder. i'd buy it again." in 209 reviews
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Taupe more...
Before starting this review, let me say that I'm reviewing the shade "Taupe", which I use as a contour on my pale skin.

It's hard to find a proper contour color that isn't too ashy or too warm on pale skin. After reading lots of suggestions online, NYX's Taupe came up enough times that I went to my local Ulta and picked one up. Apparently, everyone else had this idea as well - this shade is almost always out of stock...but for a good reason! It's the bomb.

It's almost the perfect contour shade for light skin! It's easily buildable, which is nice - especially for a contour powder. It blends out well and doesn't disturb my foundation underneath, and it does last all day on the skin.

This stuff is super affordable, and you truly can't beat the quality, especially for the price. I docked a star because it is INSANELY FRAGILE - if you drop this one time, it will shatter into a billion pieces. If you look at it wrong, it might even shatter. It's that fragile.

Other than the ridiculous fragility, this is a killer contour color. I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so. I highly recommend it!
Vanessa V.
Kalamazoo, MI
Review for: (3 Pack) NYX High Definition Blush - Electro more...
I have fair skin, and I love having a good red blush on hand for days when I want to attempt the Snow White look. After using NARS Exhibit A for years and finally hitting pan on it, I was on the hunt for a cruelty free alternative and I found it in the Nyx HD Blush in Crimson. In the pan, its a shocking orange based tomato red. Applied with a very light hand and blended out on the apples of the cheeks, this color gives me the exact look that I want. I've also used this blush on various clients when I'm doing wedding makeup, and I love it across the board. On fair skin tones, it gives that Snow White look that I mentioned above, and it gives a healthy apricot glow to deeper, richer skin tones. On me and on everyone else that I've used this blush on, it gives a fresh "just in from the cold" appearance or the appearance of a natural invigorated flush but again, blend blend blend because this shade is easy to overdo.

The formula is good and it plays nicely with all the foundations and sunscreens that I've paired it with. It's a powdery formula so you can expect it to kick up some powder, and tap your brush off before applying it. For me, this isn't a deal breaker.

I see where other users experienced breakouts from this blush, but luckily that hasn't happened to me, and my finicky, sensitive skin hasn't been affected by reaching for this nearly every day.

One thing that surprised me is how long this blush stays on the skin. For me, this formula will actually stay put (if applied over foundation or mineral powder) for a good six or seven hours. It actually stays put on my skin longer than NARS or my trusty old MAC blushes, though your mileage may vary of course. I'm impressed with this formula and I might try a few more shades. The blush retails at Ulta and Walgreens for less than six dollars so it's worth trying.
Adriana V.
Review for: Taupe more...
I am very fair with warm undertones (NC15) and I bought this blush to use as a contour. I had originally wanted the travel sized Kevyn Aucoin contour palette but Sephora didn't have it in store. I popped into the NYX store in my mall on the way out and picked this up, figuring that it was inexpensive and wouldn't be the worst if it didn't work out. This blush is the PERFECT contour shade for me. It applies perfectly with a contour brush and blends out very easily. It has the right gray-type undertones to look proper as contour, and not pull orange like so many contours do (looking at you, ELF!). The pan is a big size for contour and will last me for ages! No need for Kevyn Aucoin!
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Review for: (3 Pack) NYX High Definition Blush - Electro more...
Nyx cosmetics is always raising the bar when it comes to cosmetics, they never cease to amaze me, and with these HD blushes, it's no different. I love the hot pink (& baby pinks) on my cheeks with my blonde hair & green eyes, and this hd blush is pure pigment! It is bright Barbie pink that is versatile & can be not only used on the cheeks but also as eyeshadow like the Urban Decay single shadow or the electric & vice palettes. This blush applies evenly, not patchy, (which I look for in a blush) and really would look amazing on any skin tone from the fairest of fair to darkest of dark skin tones. You can dip in and go for a bright bold statement, or go light handed for a more subtle application. These blushes are pretty much on par with ones like Too Faced or Urban Decay, maybe just a tad chalkier with some fallout. But all in all, I was satisfied with it, it works, it's bold, bright, on trend, and versatile; especially for being a drugstore brand and for being more than half price cheaper than prestige High end blushes.
Jay 💖.
Review for: Other more...
I have this in the shade Taupe,I believe. I don't have it with me at the moment,but it's a very cool tone,grey shade that I actually use to deepen my contour in the hollows of my cheeks. I only use the tiniest bit,because it's super pigmented and can look a bit much sometimes if I add too much. But either way,I quite like using this blush to deepen my contour. For the way I use this,I'd give this product an 8/10 and would recommend it.
Zerlaine P.
Davie , FL
Review for: Soft Spoken more...
This is my favorite blush. I ignored the reviews for a long time but...seriously go for it. It's very soft both in color and in feel. It's just a little bit shimmery/velvety and goes well on a lot of skintones. This is comparable to Nars blushes, truly it is. I would highly recommend picking it up, it's about 7 dollars at the drugstore and it's worth every penny. It'll last a long long time!
Alyssa R.
Naperville
With a light hand, this blush is gorgeous. It looks natural and glowy, without the tacky glitter found in other blushes. The color Hamptons is the perfect pinky-coral shade and looks so nice on top of a BB-cream or light foundation. It can also be applied more heavily if you want - I also use these blushes for stage makeup and they work great. Just make sure you don't pick up too much product when you apply, because the pigment is out of this world!
Lucia R.
Belvidere , IL
Review for: Other more...
By far the best blush I’ve used it’s super inexpensive and super buttery but at the same time with lots of pigments. It doesn’t make you look like a clown if you use too much, it blends in well with your contour/bronzer. It brings back some life to your skin which is amazing. Such a beautiful range of shades but as well super cheap and can be found online or at your local drugstores
Adriana B.
Review for: (3 Pack) NYX High Definition Blush - Electro more...
This is THE most awesome powder foundation I have used. Apply dry. There is no vent for a wet sponge to sit and air dry as you usually find with power foundations. The sponge that comes in the compact easily allows you to work with a light or heavy touch, whatever suits you. As other reviewers have said, it does an awesome job of toning down facial redness. Also works spot applied on mild blemishes and such that you might normally use a concealer for (though not under eyes). Again, as already mentioned here in reviews, I can agree that it initially might appear a wee bit too powdery however it quickly wears down to undetectable but medium, even coverage. Has not turned weird grayish or oxidizing color as other powder foundations I have used such as Lancôme and Mac, NYX as well, which isn't bad but leaves a weird whitish cast if not carefully applied. This Clinique is great when applied in a rush and will last all day, no oxidizing, easy to touch up with as well.
Tracy C.
Jesup, GA
Review for: Taupe more...
LOVEE THIS PRODUCT!! I bought mine in the shade taupe, and it’s the perfect contour shade for light skin tones! Most contour powders are too brown or orange for my skin. This blush is not only the perfect shade, but it’s super affordable too! Nyx never fails to create amazing product like this. It blends so easily and stays put with the help of a setting spray. Highly recommend!!
Kelly L.
Leander, TX
Has anyone else had issues with these crumbling?
Christa H.
So I have very fair skin and I have read some things that say this blush in taupe can work as a powder contour. Anyone have experience with this?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Are these blushes long wearing? Or do they fade pretty quickly?
Lily W.
New York City
I've seen it mentioned a few times that there is a blush by NYX that is a dupe for MAC Melba blush but I can never find it. Has that product been discontinued? What would be a good dupe for MAC Melba?
Len C.
Frisco, TX
I have fair skin, and I was wondering if the taupe shade was better in the HD blush or in the original powder blush for contouring?