BY NYX

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Designed to be paired with NYX Cosmetics High Definition Foundation, this water-based makeup primer helps minimize appearance of pores and fine lines for a seamless finish. The HD Studio Photogenic Primer Base helps improve foundation performance and wear.

NYX HD Studio Photogenic Primer Base
  • "great pimer feels great on the skin, and makes your makeup pop, i have oily skin and it works for me , perfect . " in 125 reviews
S K.
I'd give this negative five stars if I could. I've stressed tested a lot of primers, and most I can work with, but this was a godawful mess that managed to be both a puddly mess and a goopy disaster.

I got mine in a tube instead of a pump, which may have been part of the issue. I gave the gentlest of squeezes and it squirted like a dying extra in a bad horror movie. All over my hand, my shirt, my glasses and my bathroom mirror. I tried applying a little to my skin- it slid all over the place, went patchy as it settled, and my makeup splotched after an hour. I also test primers on my arm and it did the exact same thing.

Can't recommend, won't recommend. It's probably the worst product I've ever tried.
Karla F.
Missouri City, TX
I love this. Never realized what huge difference a primer does. I have super sensitive skin and can’t use just anything for my face. This didn’t break me out nor did it cause me to rash. It wasn’t super expensive and made my make up last all day. I would totally recommend it.
Jennifer R.
Louisville, KY
NYX HD Studio Photogenic Primer Base will have your make up set for the day. Your skin looks so smooth that you can sometimes just wear it by itself. Good for any skin type. It also helps reduce the look of pores tremendously. You can buy this about any where. Ladies, keep this one on your list.
Patricia P.
san pablo
This primer is has a consistency similar to that of sunscreen. It goes on smoothly and is lightweight. It doesn’t really act as a primer, it’s not effective at all. Would not recommend to others. Basically a useless primer.
Nicole M.
Schenectady
I didn't love this on me, but my sister loves it so much. Let's me be really clear that this may not be a bad product but I have very dry skin and most primers do not work for me. So take that for what it is.
Kaitlyn N.
Colorado Springs
I don’t like this primer. It smells vaguely of glue, and comes out in a thin white oily layer. Takes a lot of effort to blend into skin and just leaves dewy film on skin. I guess it could be okay for people with dry skin, but my oily skin hates it and it looks like a mess on my face.
Caroline H.
Placentia, CA
This primer was given to me by a friend and I’m almost done with it the quality is good but it can be better it definitely does the job, my foundation does look very smooth and it doesn’t smudge I like it everyone has they’re own opinion try it. (: I would recommend it if your looking for a cheap does the job!
Brittany C.
Champions Gt, FL
Little difficult to put on face as it's got a stickiness to it, but totally works. Helps with keeping my makeup on my face for hours and also helps to smooth my foundation out once applied. Works really well on days when you'll be wearing makeup for a long time
Darcy B.
Kingwood, WV
I used this for prom one year and it left my fave feeling a little too sticky and I didn't notice much of a difference in my makeup. However my makeup that night lasted all night. Not sure if it was the primer or setting spray.
Riza L.
Beaverton, OR
Created a good base for my face make up, but it had a bit of a sticky feel after application. I would recommend this to dry skin users. This doesn't "hide" pores, but it evens out texture.
tania m.
Tomball, TX
I have the eyelid primer & it is amazing it gives me a mat finish but I'm not sure if I would like to change my product to something else
Sofia M.
Chula Vista, CA
Is this matte or dewy?
Chrissy P.
Hemet, CA
How is this?
I heard thats a good product but I don't hace the oportunity of used it how good it works??
Jessica Y.
Is this a good primer? What's the specs on this one

back