BY NYX #14 in Concealer

Jena B.
Review for: Nude Beige, Green more...
I love NYX. It is probably one of my all time favorite drugstore brand. I have always been looking for a green color corrector that works, and this stuff does! It is a little sheer, but that's what I like about it. It covers the redness on my skin, but it does get cakey under my foundation. For the green concealer I would give it 5 🌟 not really smell to it, goes on nice, covers what I wanted it to cover, and actually I love the sheerness of it since it's just a corrector.
Unfortunately, I can only give this review 3🌟s since I'm reviewing more than one of the HD concealer. I tried a normal concealer. The natural beige, and it just wasn't what I was looking for. I really found it to be a waste of money honestly. If I was rating just this one, it would be 1🌟 easily. But the green was really good! The normal one, was way too sheer. Didn't cover anything! And I love a full coverage concealor. I want to conceal all of my flaws, anxiety, & shame 😉😉 (⁉️who knows who said this⁉️).
No, but really, it didn't cover anything! If you're looking for a sheer concealer well, here is the one to buy! But, I'm all about full coverage 💕
The formula was great though! I do have to give credit there. When I first put it on, I was like "oh hell yes, full coverage!!!!" But once I started to blend it out (beauty blender) it like dissolved. I even tried a brush, and it did the same thing...
But, the green... YES ☺☺
Tee M.
Honolulu, HI
Review for: Green more...
I recently have gotten this product, LAST WEEK and tried it ONCE and I’m in love with this product. I’m thinking to myself why haven’t I gotten this earlier? Anyways, green concealer is to help cover up redness on the face. My face always is red because of pimples and just redness around my T-Zone. I applied this concealer all onto my redness spots on my face and blended it out, then applied foundation. I tell ya, the outcome of my face was beautiful, beautiful enough for my fiancé to ask “did you do something new to your face routine?” My fiancé noticed that there was a different tone to my face almost like clear looking under the foundation. If he noticed that change you know this product is GREAT. I would rate this 10 stars if I could! I 1000000% would recommend this product to others!
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
All roads led to this, a less than $5 concealer that meets most of my needs, only lacking one feature that would make it perfect, and is more satisfactory to me than all the concealer that I've wasted money on along the way. It comes packaged in a compact inexpensive tube with wand applicator in the screw top lid. It's basically a simple cheap container/applicator design that I wish even high end products would use. One negative for me with concealer products is stupid designs such as big bulky bottles, squeeze tubes etc. Compact tube of this travels everywhere with me and when I remove the wand, it has the right amount of concealer for under my eye coverage. Sometimes less is more and I feel that way about minimal product containers.
Let's talk product application now...I love the shade variety I get with this. As a pale women, I usually get a choice between fair or light or too many choices that I am overwhelmed deciding that I pass up that product. Fair people really need cool, warm and neutral shade options and nyx matches up great to my skin color/tone and my foundation. When applied and blended out (using upside down triangle application and concealer brush) it blends and matches perfectly and no one could look and tell where my concealer ends and my foundation begins. I draw my upside down triangle then blend in and down with my brush until I have an evenly dispensed concealer that completely covers my dark circles while also brightening the area and looks smooth and natural. It doesn't cause product creased, doesn't leave skin looking dry nor does it irritate my under eye. The one drawback of it is that it is definitely not waterproof (if you plan on crying or sweating, your concealer isn't going to hold up without some additional assistance) or really long lasting. I have a system I use to increase lifespan and mine stays looking good most of the day. I find myself having to touch up late in the day but as much running around, hot and sweaty, I do at work that seems like a win!
Increasing longevity...under eye hydration is important so I start with hydrating eye cream right before I start my under eye correcting. Once absorbed, I apply BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector which not only brightens the area beautifully, it has a tacky surface that seems to grab on to the concealer when I apply it on top. It seems to help make the concealer more longest and by time I apply BECCA Under Eye Brightening Setting Powder , I've given my not long enough concealer a more longwear life. Depending on how my day is going at work, I sometimes don't reapply at all.
This is an inexpensive product and the quality isn't going to be that of high end products so preparation is the most Important part of applying the concealer. Don't complain that it dries if you don't hydrate and prime prior or don't complain that it isn't as good as more expensive concealers cause you paid 4$ instead so that's on you, not the product. I just proved that this product is really pretty good to begin with but can also be enhances and improved to be a more great version of itself
Jennifer W.
This is one of my absolute favorite drugstore concealers. My shades are usually CW 01 or cwo2 which ironically enough are the two shades that seem to sell out the fastest. I do try to stock up on this item in my shade when I can because I can never find it in the store at Ulta it's always sold out but sometimes I'm able to find it at my local Target which is where I always get it. This is a concealer that has a lot of pigment to it which is great very nice color selection coming from a girl who is snow white pale and usually can't find any concealers that work. I love using these concealers either as a higher coverage concealer to use for redness and blemishes or using it under my eyes Daily 4 added coverage for those dark under eye circles and for brightening. The only downfall I would say is that I feel like I go through it very quickly I'm not sure if there just isn't a lot of product or if the packaging keeps a lot of the product and I'm not getting it but I do like the applicator.
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: Green more...
So my skin doesn’t have a lot of redness, but the areas that do, stand out to me. I bought this in a whim at ulta to see what it does. I made the mistake of using it like I would use a normal concealer for highlighting. Bad idea. This goes on so thick (in a good way) that I was quickly turning green all over my face. I learned that for me, a little goes a long way as far as coverage goes. Next time I used this I used a lot less product and blended well. When putting my foundation on top of this the little bit of redness I have vanished! This blended well into my skin and mixed very well with the few foundation I used it with. If you’re looking to dabble in color correction but don’t want to shell out a lot of money I recommend trying this. I had great results.
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Review for: Porcelain more...
Okay, for $4, this product is amazing. To compare, you get .11 Fl Oz of product for $4, with Tarte Shape Tape you get roughly .33 Fl Oz for $27, and the new KKW concealer contains roughly .16 Fl Oz and retails for $18.

To begin, this does has drugstore type packaging. Light weight plastic tube, basic wand, etc. For $4 though, you cannot really complain about packing.

The shade range is just ehhh. Porcelain works for me, but I cannot speak on behalf of anybody who isn't just a very basic pale shade like I am.

The product is nice, I was very pleased when I first began applying it around my under eye area.

It blended out pretty easily, but it did cling to some areas and emphasize some texture. I have very bumpy under eyes and some concealers really emphasize them, making me look like I have terribly dry skin. This product did do that, but once I put a setting powder on it, it was a bit better.

I also have very creasy under eyes, so I crease extremely quickly. This did crease under my lower eye within seconds, but I just reblend it out and quickly set it with powder.

This product lasts all day, but it does begin getting more textured and cakey. Overall, for $4, this is a good concealer. I have very complicated skin, so for somebody with skin that isn't as dry as mine, this would definitely be great. Again, it's only $4!
Rashauna T.
Denver
Review for: Nutmeg more...
I use the shade Nutmeg and it is a perfect match! I always have trouble finding the perfect concealer - I do not look good with extremely highlighted under eyes/concealer, and I can never find one that matches my undertone and my actual skin tone. But this one from NYX is the right color and it’s neutral enough so that I don’t look too crazy. Gets rid of my undereye darkness perfectly, but is still light and doesn’t cling to my dry skin.

I have used it all over as foundation before and it works great that way too. I’ve had problems with other concealers clinging to my setting powder and looking like a dry, patchy mess, but I can set my concealed areas like a dream :) the only thing o hate is that the top breaks easily... the wand will actually come unglued from the black part of you close it too tightly lmao 🤷🏾‍♀️ But it still works fine.
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
Review for: Fair more...
This beat my face just as flawless as my holy grails like MUF HD, UD Naked, and Shape Tape!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I ordered up the Yellow, Lavender, Green, and Fair. I used the Yellow, Lavender, and Green underneath my foundation for color correction, and my fair for under eye concealing after my foundation. It beat my face TOTALLY flawless! When I don’t have the budget to invest in my holy grails, which that happens to all of us sometimes...I’ll snag some of this up! NYX is pretty darn good for being a cheaper brand! Keep on rockin NYX!
Carolyn F.
Hilo
Review for: Yellow, Medium, Green, Lavender, Sand Beige more...
I have used these products in my MUA kit as well as on myself for years. I love them. They do their job and never disappoint me.
Perfect on my photo shoots and work well with all primers too. amazing products, extremely blendable.If I did ever find the need to have to layer them it never got cakey that if one of my greatest concerns. I enjoy working with this product.
Kallie C.
Milton, FL
Review for: Porcelain more...
While this specific review says it's for the shade porcelain, I'd like to group some of them together. I really enjoy this concealer for blemishes and decently bad dark circles. If my dark circles are lighter, this concealer seems to be more than necessary. I'd suggest if you have not-so-bad dark circles and prefer a more natural finish, you might want to try a different concealer. I really enjoy this but I also really enjoy full faces of makeup that definitely don't look natural.
The green concealer is a bit iffy for me. It works, but it's not my favorite color correcting concealer. Little tip though: if you're having trouble blending or maybe it set too quickly for you, I like to take a drop or two or a face oil (I use Tarte's maracuja) and use it to help blend.
Finally, this concealer also works for a cream contour, specially for fair skin people. I don't see the purpose of a full contour palette because none of the colors ever work for me. I grab the concealer 2-3 shades darker and start blending. Because it is a concealer, you need a lighter hand with how much you dab on. I prefer to do a couple dots of concealer and blend with a real techniques sponge or the expert face brush.
Carina C.
How does this concealer work for dry skin?
Rachel S.
Kathleen, GA
Is this good for pale skin?
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
Does it last long, or will i need to buy a back up
Gina G.
What's the best color for fair skin to cover dark under eye circles?
jacky h.
Richmond, CA
Does this product leave a tint of green ?