BY NYX #89 in Face Primer

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Prep your face for impeccable makeup application with our new skin-smoothing First Base Primer Spray. This nourishing mist keeps the skin looking and feeling soft, supple, and refreshed while it locks in makeup.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

• just wondering if this would work as a setting spray as w...3 Answers
  • Ok but do primer sprays actually work? Like how do primer...1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try more primers and this one seemed...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "i currently picked this up a couple months ago, i just actually purchased my second bottle. i do really like this spray primer! it doesn’t have a smell or anything so that’s a plus! it feels great on the skin, and not too sticky or dewy. it makes me matte most of the day. and i love it!" in 62 reviews
Tiffany Y.
Barstow , CA
Despite the bottle being a bit small, it still is a really good value regardless. I use it everyday and there still is a lot of product in there. This really controlls sebum production especially in the oily t-zone! I had been using DermaDoctor's "Picture Porefect" pore minimizer which I had read really good reviews on and the ingredients and description about it seemed legit but everytime I use it it leaves a thick layer over the problem area on and around my tzone and gets greasy over time. I hadn't really seen any results from using that and it goes for almost or around $40 I believe but I got it when it was 20% off. I started using this NYX elixir (which is more like a serum than a primer) and saw results the same day. With continued and daily use you will see even greater results! I will never use anything else. I always apply first on clean skin right before using any tinted moisturizer, then I still use a primer after for my makeup (since I like to use another thicker primer [Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer] that controls oil/shine and minimizes the look of pores just for extra protection but the tea tree elixir already works pretty good on its own). What makes pores smaller over time is the fact that you stop producing so much sebum with the tea tree elixir hence pores are no longer vibrantly irritated and clogged with all that extra oil. Really good value compared to higher end brands which don't really deliver as well (I've also tried Urban Decay's B6 prep spray which promises of minimizing pore size which I also didn't really see but the spray is still good with its other benefits
Courtney N.
Geismar, LA
I really enjoy using this product after I apply my other primers. It gives my skin just a bit of hydration before I apply my foundation and concealer. This is also great to use after foundation and before powder! It’s so affordable and I used it on a daily basis. It keeps me from getting cakey throughout the day. Definitely give it a try!
Hailey S.
Orlando, FL
In one of Jaclyn Hills tutorials, you may notice she sprays her damp beauty blender with a luminous spray to improve the application of the foundation. For me, the NYX First Base spray primer does that job for me. It’s like priming your face, then adding more sturdiness to your makeup so it has NO excuse to budge 😂 Works like a charm.
Kina W.
This face primer is AMAZING! It really gets the job done! With it being a spray, I am able to get it into every crack and crevice! With that being said, it helps my makeup adhere properly. It also keeps my face from drying out and it really gives it that extra moisture to keep your foundation looking flawless and natural!
Nadia S.
Takoma Park
This is a fairly recent purchase so my review may change in time but it does the job pretty well for a drugstore primer. It seems to help my makeup stick pretty well and provide an even coverage. The price is also an added bonus.

My only negative is that because it is a spray, you’re not sure how evenly your base is being spread across your face.
Anna S.
Island Park
I’ve rebought this 6/7 times it’s so amazing. I used to do my makeup without primer but then I heard about this one and it’s super easy to apply and it’s long lasting. It definitely shows a result and it’s super cheap I have oily skin and this works for me.NYX First Base Primer Spray
Alexis P.
Jonesboro
This is the first primer I’ve ever used but I think it works really well. I have combination skin and I’ve found that it’s good that. A little goes a long way with this product. I would definitely recommend it and I plan to continue buying it as it’s really good for a low price.
Marykate C.
This primer is okay... I only really like it use it when I’m using a powder foundation such as bare minerals. Otherwise I feel it doesn’t do much for liquid foundations. I would buy again because it is so cheap and easy to use but there are definitely better primers out there
Ciara C.
S Lake Tahoe, CA
Not my favorite priming spray for sure, comes out with big droplets if you know what I mean. Not a fine mist. But that doesn’t matter too much because it’s primer. Great for priming brushes I uses this for that reason and save the expensive priming spray for other things.
roxy J.
California
If you want to save a little money and want the lest costyier (lol I know it’s not a word but bare w me) version of mac fx+ or smashbox I recommend using this drugstore version it does come in a little bottle and works for about a good 6-8 hours ( don’t recommend using it during summer )
Ashley Y.
St. John's, NL
I haven't seen this product around, is it still available? I love NYX products and I am always looking for new primers.
Wilma G.
Rancho Viejo, TX
Does this actually work or it doesn't make a difference?
tiffany n.
just wondering if this would work as a setting spray as well?
Maria A.
Richmond, BC
Do you have a combination skin? How does this one feels when you apply the foundation?
Catarina V.
Milton, ON
I've been looking into buying this but was wondering if it's worth it and if it actually works ??

back