NYX Eyeshadow Base
Maximize the intensity, longevity and brilliance of your eyeshadow statements with our eyeshadow primer pots. Each of the NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Bases creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout. To create depth, dimension and drama use our Eyeshadow Base in black to effortlessly increase shadow payoff.
Maximize the intensity, longevity and brilliance of your eyeshadow statements with our eyeshadow primer pots. Each of the NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Bases creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout. To create depth, dimension and drama use our Eyeshadow Base in black to effortlessly increase shadow payoff.see more...
Top Questions See all 496 Q&A
- "I love this primer- it's perfect for people with dry skin. I noticed that my mac "painterly" paint pot would make my eyelids dry. This primer however, is creamy and definitely keeps your eyeshadow in tact. " in 90 reviews
- "Brightens my eyes, & is a perfect base when using bright colors or to simply make your eyeshadow long lasting. White eye shadow is a must & this is my favorite." in 42 reviews
- " Love this eyeshadow base I have it in the shade skin tone and it shows up better than my be a bombshell eye base that is a like champagne gold " in 13 reviews
- "I bought it based on several recommendations to coat your eyelids with white base to make colors pop." in 6 reviews
- "A little goes a long way, & the jay itself though inexpensive will last you a good 6 months of everyday use. " in 5 reviews
This eyeshadow base is thick, and it doesn't blend particularly nicely over the eyelid. While it is very white and opaque, it's INCREDIBLY hard to blend out eyeshadow on top of this base. You get patchy looks where the shadow sticks to the cream base, and it's just not...cute. On top of that, when you DO finally get a decent eye look, this base doesn't increase the longevity of the eyeshadow at all - I notice creasing after just a few hours.
This was not worth even the small price I paid for this eyeshadow base, and I won't be repurchasing.
Cons: It's a little bit greasy and almost feels wet on the lids and can almost make your eyeshadow a little sticky after application. It makes it hard to blend colors together, as it kind of thickens the powder. Upon using it more, I found that it works better if you use just a tiny bit of it and pat it onto the lid, then let it dry for a couple minutes before putting on shadow. Also, it doesn't stop all shadows from creasing. Later in the day, I still had lines on my lids through the color.
Pros: It DOES make the pigment of your eyeshadow much more vibrant. A little goes a long way too, so this little jar will probably last a looong while. However, due to the cons listed above, I may just save it for when I need to do dramatic or vivid eye looks.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos