BY NYX #32 in Eyeshadow

Maximize the intensity, longevity and brilliance of your eyeshadow statements with our eyeshadow primer pots. Each of the NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Bases creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout. To create depth, dimension and drama use our Eyeshadow Base in black to effortlessly increase shadow payoff.

• Is this a great base?4 Answers
  • does this work as an eye primer?4 Answers
  • Can you use this as an actual white shadow. I'm trying to create ...4 Answers
NYX Eyeshadow Base
  • " Love this eyeshadow base I have it in the shade skin tone and it shows up better than my be a bombshell eye base that is a like champagne gold " in 13 reviews
  • "I bought it based on several recommendations to coat your eyelids with white base to make colors pop." in 6 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way, & the jay itself though inexpensive will last you a good 6 months of everyday use. " in 5 reviews
  • "I recently discovered i have oily lids lol i don't remember my shadow creasing or rubbing off but now its definitely noticeable." in 5 reviews
  • "You can use too much because it'll crease and if you use to little it won't help the color pop as much." in 5 reviews
Sarah L.
If I could give this zero stars, I would. I picked this up at Target because it seemed like a great bargain value. I was so, so wrong. This product causes my eyeshadows to crease within two hours of application. I've actually found the shadows to last longer without this particular primer. I have oily lids, so that really says something. As a consequence, I only use it when I know I'm not going to be out long. I think if you're in the market for a new eyeshadow base that will keep your shadows and eyeliner put until you remove them, it's best to save up your money and buy the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
Gianna M.
I have the white version of this. Milk I think. It is is definitely in the little pot. It's nice to add a white base, especially when you are using bright colors on your eyes. It really helps them pop! You need to blend the base in completely and may need to add another layer on top to get good pay off. It doesn't keep my eyeshadows from transferring to my crease. I still like the intensity it gives my bright shadows though. I got my off of Nyx.com for about $7. I'm not sure I'd buy it again, but I like the jumbo pencil version of this base.
Brooke P.
Evansville, IN
I am a huge fan of anything nyx, and this eyeshadow base is one of the reasons why. First off, it's a steal! All the glory of expensive name brand products without busting your bank. Secondly, it actually works! It really makes the application of eye shadow so much smoothr and dare I say it made my cheap eye shadow blend so much better! It even added a hint of shimmer. I only have to use a little bit so this small container will last for months even with regular use! I wish it came with an applicator but other than that it's wonderful!
Allyson B.
Charleston, SC
I bought this product thinking I would like it because NYX is one of my favorite brands but I really just don't like this product at all. I have mine in the skin tone color and a little goes a long way with this stuff, however no matter how little product I used my eyelids would get super greasy and my eyeshadows would crease really bad on me. To try to avoid getting greasy eyelids and creasing, I set the base with a setting powder before applying my eyeshadows but even that didn't work for me.
Elisa L.
Perris, CA
This eyeshadow base is so creamy you have to be careful how you use it or it can get messy real quick. It doesn't dry fast enough so if you already put on some eyeshadow and then want to use this as a base to intensify the look you can ruin your eyeshadow with any eye movement you make before the base dries and it will smear all over you eyelid and you just ruined your eye look. I got the white base so maybe the other colors might be better to work with. Overall not a fan.
Dada S.
Montrose, MN
I have tried so many different drugstore eyeshadow bases and none of them were as good as NYX eyeshadow base. It's creamy but yet very easy to apply. When I put this own my eyeshadow lasts for hours. Even in rain my eyeshadow managed to stay on. I buy my NYX products from target. This is a must have product if will change the way you do and see your eye makeup. Full face makeup by NYX in the pic I'm sharing and yes I used the NYX eyeshadow base.
Shelby C.
Port Orange, FL
I have the eye base in the white shade; I figured this would allow for the shadow colors to appear more vivid. When you apply this, it's very tacky. So when you try to apply an eyeshadow over it, it can be difficult. I would say it's best to apply a powder over the eye base. However, that's an extra step that shouldn't be needed. When I buy an eye primer, I expect it to allow for the shadows to be able to be directly applied to it.
Jas J.
New Orleans, LA
I'm not really sure why I still use this eyeshadow base but I do. I have both the skin tone and white base. I feel the white base defintely makes my eyeshadow pop and is more pigmented BUT, after a couple of hours my eyelids get oily and my shadow starts to crease. So I gave it three stars because it does its job of keeping the eyeshadow popping. However, not 4 or 5 stars because it doesn't last for oily skin gals.
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
This stuff is amazing! It brightened my eyeshadow better than an primer ever has (that I've tried so far anyway), didn't cause my eyeshadow to crease, and gave it fantastic staying power as well. It was 100 degrees today in Sacramento too, so no small feat! A tiny dab goes a long way too, so a pot will last you a very long time, even with daily use. Great investment and was quickly added to my makeup must-haves!
ILuvLuciee 1.
Westminster, CA
So far I have been putting this product to test, tell me why does my eye lids get more oily with this product even if I set it with powder? Is it because I have oily skin ? Am I applying it wrong? My eyeshadow pretty much absorbs into the product after a while ? I'm not loving this product! I am trying to like it, and by that I'm trying to apply it differently! So far not working and I'm sad!
Ajla M.
Tolleson, AZ
Anyone else have problems with creasing?
Maritza M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this eye shadow base work? Would you say this is great for the price or would you recommend a different brand? :)
Jessica P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work for anyone else? Bcuz for me it didn't
Does this last? Also does it crease
Brittney C.
Can you rate this as a dupe for UD's Primer Potion? I love UD but am looking for a less expensive alternative.