BY NYX

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Amazingly fluffy and lightweight, our innovative Epic Black Mousse Liner glides on oh-so-soft and smooth! This waterproof eyeliner dries to a pigmented matte finish that looks totally EPIC.

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, BHT. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-):  Black 2 (CI 77266)[NANO].

• How long does this usually stay on for? Because of my oil...3 Answers
  • Does anyone know if they have improved the recipe lately?...3 Answers
  • is this product waterproof? smudge proof?1 Answers
NYX Epic Black Mousse Liner
  • "Such an amazing gel eyeliner. Normally I am a liquid liner type of girl but I had been recently wanting to get into gel eyeliner and I must say, that I was super impressed with this product. It has a soft mousse consistency so its super lightweight on the brush and on the eye and it glides on so nicely. It doesn't tug at the eyes and it is super black. The best thing is that it is buildable without getting goopy and it dries matte. " in 55 reviews
  • "This stuff is BLACK. I use it with a slanted gel liner brush and with this I have perfected the winged liner technique. The price is amazing for the product. I just wish it wasn't so "wet" feeling. " in 11 reviews
  • "I purchased this product because i really wanted to try out a gel eye liner but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a brand like Tarte or Too Faced. I was very impressed with this product. It has a very pigmented black color. It is easy to apply with a liner brush, doesn't smudge, and stays on all day. I would recommend it if you are on a budget or are trying gel liners for the first time. " in 10 reviews
Katie G.
Middletown
At first, this stuff is great.  Super pigmented black liner, smooth application and I'm a fan of the simple, clean packaging.  I'm a sucker for a frosted glass jar every time.  It CAN be a bit smudgy, but if you set your liner with black pressed shadow, it shouldn't be a problem.

HOWEVER - this stuff dries out so flippin' quick, no matter how many times you put the lid back on between eyes or how tightly you screw it closed before putting it away.  I keep a bottle of propylene glycol around to rehydrate mine because I still haven't found a comparably priced brand of gel or cream eyeliner that I like as much as this, but that could be a deal breaker for you.  It's kind of a pain to deal with when it starts to dry out and I get that.  I'm just cheap enough that I don't mind doing the extra work.
Shannon A.
Choctaw , OK
I am a eyeliner queen and out of ALL the eyeliners I have used this one does not move at all I can wear for three days if I don't get it taken off. Takes control to put it on. I use a very small brush to apply. Taking it off you need a oil to break it down. A regular makeup cloth works but takes forever. This is my go to for my wings, I don't use in waterlines I use a different one. I have had my pot several months and has not dried out at all and use almost every day.
Ashten J.
Cincinnati
I LOVE this gel eyeliner! It goes on so smooth and is light weight. It definitely doesn't budge so be sure you're careful when applying because once it hits the skin, it doesn't budge! It's so easy to apply. This changed the way I use eyeliner! I went from using pencil, to liquid pen to this. I don't plan on going back! It's great for the budget too!!
Teryn P.
Chesapeake
I had never tried any potted eyeliner before this, and knowing (for me) NYX is a pretty reliable brand I decided to give it a try. I'm not sure if it was the brush I was using or the actual product, but when I applied it I was unable to get a dark true black line like I can with pen liners. Since I like a more every day softer look this didn't bother me but I would not recommend it for those who want a strong bold line. It is easy to smoke and blend out before it sets but I wouldn't consider it transfer proof. It did leave faint gray spots sometimes on the top of my eyelid that I just wiped away, but in my defense I also did not apply primer first. NYX Epic Black Mousse Liner
Tamara C.
Athens, AL
I like this liner a lot. It's a true black, dries quickly, and dries down matte. My only gripe is it can be a little too dry in the pot. I have to add a drop of oil to make it creamy enough for a sharp line. Other than that, no other complaints. NYX Epic Black Mousse Liner
Hannah C.
Evans, Ga
I love how it glides on and the fact that it's smooth and easy to work with!! Cheap yes definitely I would buy again love this item I'm almost out of it and I have had it for a little time but that because my dog ate some but I have used it before and it lasted me at least a half of a year!!
Tara L.
Altoona
So I always stayed away from this kind of liner and always used the pencil kind because I thought I'd mess it up. Let me tell you I will neverrrr use anything else but this ever again! Super easy to apply looks amazing and stays on without smudging all day long! This is a must have in your beauty bag ladies!
Bionca R.
College Park, GA
Omg. I love this gel liner. Its awesome. It glides on with ease and you can smudge it out as well on your bottom water line, which I love to do. NYX is excellent brand. Its good quality and its not expensive at all. I have been buying NYX products for years now. NYX never ever disappoints.
Lorena C.
Lynwood, CA
One of my favorite eyeliners and is so black and easy to work with. I use this eyeliner almost in all my makeup pictures. I definitely recommend this eyeliner is worth the money less then $10 and last all day long!❤️❤️
Paula C.
It is a pretty decent eyeliner. I like the brush that comes with it. It looks good with my dark brown eyes and I'm sure it'll look great with any eye color. It was easy to apply and use but it's not the darkest black. Because it's not, I usually go over it with liquid liner later to darken it. I would recommend for beginners on a budget!
Naomi C.
Ephraim, UT
How long does this usually stay on for? Because of my oily skin i have a hard time finding an eyeliner that stays on for a while.
Lina S.
Does anyone know if they have improved the recipe lately? I tried this two or so years back and found it to be very dry and difficult to coat onto the applicator it came with.
Kristen P.
is this product waterproof? smudge proof?
Chu Y.
I have mono eyelids... does it smudge easily if my eyelids are more folded and my skin touch??

back