2 colors available

BY NYX #40 in Face Primer

Prepare your canvas with our silky primer. The studio perfect primer formula is easily absorbed, creates a smooth surface for foundation, and ensures the longevity of your makeup. Available in 3 shades: clear (to cover fine lines and large pores); lavender (to brighten and illuminate yellow undertones); and green (to conceal redness).

• Does this have the silky feeling like the smashbox primer?6 Answers
  • Does this primer hide pores well?1 Answers
  • Does this help with pores bc mine are terrible 😭 3 Answers
NYX Cosmetics Studio Perfect Primer Clear
  • "I have oily skin & the first time I wore this primer under my foundation, my face was EXTRA oily after 3 1/2 hours." in 1 review
  • "I'm in love and I definitely recommend this product." in 1 review
  • "Works as well as higher end brands like smashbox but for much less." in 1 review
  • "it makes my face look super smooth and picture perfect !" in 1 review
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Clear
I recently purchased this primer and I'm impressed with it so far! NYX makes a variety of primers and I was debating between this one and their Hydra Touch primer, but I ultimately decided on this one since it has more positive reviews. I've never used a primer before but I've been working long days and my job doesn't really give me an opportunity to touch up my makeup during the day, so I wanted to try a primer to see if it would keep my makeup from fading after a few hours. So far, so good! My foundation and concealer go on smoothr, and last through a whole workday. I have dry skin but this primer actually makes my skin look almost dewy. I wish the primer came in a bigger tube, but it's relatively inexpensive compared to other brands. I will definitely repurchase this again.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this primer, but first time I used it, it oozed out of the tube all soupy. I shook it up to mix up the formula a bit, and same thing, soupy. I figured what's the harm in seeing what it looks like anyway, but it was pretty useless. It is so excessively watery that I can't even try to use it. I won't write it off completely, because I may have just gotten a bad tube. I understand separation is natural, I've experienced it with other products, but it was minimal. And I've used primers before, and I've never encountered this type of consistency problem. I can only assume I bought an old or expired product.
Anna M.
Anna M.
Harbor City, CA
Review for: Clear
So if you keep up to date with makeup, Smashbox has a very popular silicone based primer sold at Sephora. Being a college student that can't consistently afford more high end products like Smashbox, I gave this one a try. And I must say, the quality of this product is just as good. I purchased this primer at target for roughly $10. But let me tell you.... this product keeps me matte all day long and makes it so much easier to blend my makeup. I use a sheer coverage foundation that tends to get a bit oily & shiny. But this product keeps my makeup on point all day. Absolutely worth every penny.
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Review for: Green
I bought this product from ulta about a month ago. I have occasional breakouts and I have a lot of redness throughout my face. I've used green concealer and the stila color correcting primer and none have done the job for me. I've been wearing this every day with different foundations since I bought it and I haven't noticed much of a different with or without it. It is very silky and has a nice, smooth and lightweight texture. However, for the color correcting I haven't noticed any reduced redness in my face wearing this product
Olivia A.
Olivia A.
Review for: Clear
Oh lordy don't even get me started on this primer! I can't even express how much i love it. I use it daily and it makes my skin so smooth and matte before i apply my foundation. It doesn't Dry out my skin and makes me look flawless. Sometimes i don't even apply foundation I'll just put it on and wear it out because it makes my skin look so glowy and smooth! And just in case anyone was looking for one this is a perfect dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer without spending $30!

*Sending Smiles Your Way*

-Olivia <3
Megan M.
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
I am kind of torn with this primer. I really like it, but within the first half of the day my face gets oily. I don't know if I am using too much or not, but I only use a pea sized amount. I mean it works great in general though. I would definitely recommend. It smooths your skin out and you can barely tell one imperfection. Price is pretty goos also for the product! I know they have it at ulta because that is where I bought mine. It was only a few dollars for to get name brand instead of ulta brand.
Djenaba B.
Djenaba B.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Clear
I can honestly say that this is a perfect dupe for Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I had received a sample of the Smashbox Primer in an ipsy glam bag and wanted to get the full size but found it a bit expensive so I searched to see if I can find something similar and found this. I've been using it everyday since. It's neither oily nor drying. FYI: I have normal to combo skin. I love how silky it feels when I apply it on my face and my foundation goes on nice and smooth and stays all day
Andie G.
Andie G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This right here is the bomb.com when I was looking for a primer I kept getting samples of the Smashbox primer because the bottle was too expensive for me in a small container but then I went to Nordstrom racks and I found the NYX version of the primer and I literally fell in love it's at a great price point even though I prefer a big bottle but overall it's a great primer especially because I have oily skin
Vivian K.
Vivian K.
Royal Oak, MI
Review for: Clear
It works great for me! I like applying this after moisturizer and layer on concealer and then my tinted moisturizer as a quick everyday work/no-makeup makeup. Some primers, you'll notice their first ingredient is water, which does NOT help cover up your pores so that is why I like NYX's primer. It gets the job done and I'm almost out of my current tube so I'll be looking to purchase more soon.
Lizzie Y.
Lizzie Y.
Palm City, FL
Review for: Clear
I purchased this at Ulta a couple of weeks ago and I have been loving it. I had previously been having issues with my foundation creasing a little between my brows, if I like furrowed my brow, the foundation would stay creased, making me look like I had wrinkles and aging me quite a bit. Since using this primer, that does not happen anymore even through a full day! Works great for oily skin
Dawn L.
Dawn L.
Does this have the silky feeling like the smashbox primer?
Francis H.
Francis H.
Does this product works for dry skin?
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much does this cost?
Crystal H.
Crystal H.
Monroe, MI
I have combination oily skin, is this a primer that will help control the oil?
Gina G.
Gina G.
Is this a good dupe for Smashbox's photo primer?