Add a Photo

By NYX

#62 in Blush
Strobe of Genius - Introducing the Strobe of Genius palette, NYX Cosmetics' incredible new collection of must have illuminators designed to give you everything needed to achieve today's most buzzed about highlighting trend: strobing. This breakthrough palette features seven velvety-smooth shades that will enhance your features with serious levels of illumination. The best part? Mastering the look is easy - all you need is a little extra natural light. - Strobe of Genius
Photos (30)
Soli R.
Soli R.
Monrovia, CA

@nyxcosmetics
Strobe of Genius
$18.99

Listen... I don't discriminate when it comes to highlighters, but this had me thinking... I've been eyeballing this palette for THREE WEEKS since I saw it at Target. THREE WEEKS. Then I saw it on @nelly_oooo page and I asked... Girl, should I get it? And she's like yesssssssss. So glad I did!!! I thought that the lavender highlighter wouldn't work well on me, but I wore it yesterday in my inner corners and cheeks (see previous three pics to this one) and it's STUNNING. I love mixing and matching colors, and some of them are great as blush toppers. The only color that wasn't as pigmented as the others was actually the gold, but it still worked great in my inner corners.
Overall, I'm dying. Totally in love! 👉 It's actually cheaper to get at Ulta.
#Contest #mayfinds #makeup #highlightonfleek
Shannon D.
Shannon D.

I got this because i wanted to have some fun with different colors/tints of highlighter and I'm loving it. All of the colors are incredibly shimmery. The two bottom side colors are gorgeous natural colors. The middle bottom looks a nice rosy color in the pan but isn't super pigmented when i put it on. It can probably be built up and would look better. The gold color in the top left is VERY gold and I wasn't sure about it at first, but when I blend it in it's actually quite nice. The lavender color is unique and I quite like it! It's really the only cool shade in the palette, and again, it's very purple when laid on thick but can be blended out nicely. Haven't tried the other colors in the top row yet but they were both sort of rosy naturals when I swatched them. I think the palette's a great price for how long it'll last me.
Lisa I.
Lisa I.
Kitchener, Ontario

Oh. My. Goodness. This palette. I need a moment to take in how amazing it is. A friend recommended this to me and I went and picked one up and I'm so glad that I did. All of the shades are beautiful. As soon as I swatched this I got excited and when I applied them to my face I was ecstatic! These are everything you want in a highlighter. They are super buttery and blend beautifully and look beautiful on the skin. The packaging is nice and high quality and also very light so it would be great for travelling. I use this with my Luxie tapered highlighting brush and my highlight is on point. I'm going to buy this palette as a gift for my best friends, that is how much I love it.
Chelsea P.
Chelsea P.
San Diego, CA

This is ABSOLUTELY WORTH $20. I admit I had sticker shock when I saw the price, after all this is a drugstore brand. The quality of these highlights are UNBELIEVABLE. These are Surprisingly pigmented and longer wearing. No glitter in any of these. The formula is better than the NYX illuminators. There are some really cool shades like the lavender and the pink. All but the darkest color works on my pale skin. No matter what your skin tone is there's multiple shades for you in this pallet. Drug store highlighters are FINALLY upping their game.

NOTE: These don't swatch as nice as they apply. These look stunning on the cheeks but pretty meh on your hand.
Zandrea B.
Zandrea B.
San Diego, CA

This product is great for those who don't want to spend a lot of cash on one highlighter! Great for aspiring makeup artists or students or just anybody who wants to score a great deal. I got mine at Ulta for about $19 and the quality of the highlighters are very high. These highlighters are truly a "Strobe of Genius!" A little goes a long way for most of them. There's one or two that takes a bit more to build up. It all depends whether you want a wet highlight look or a soft ethereal glow. Either way this palette is great if you want to try out other highlighter shades and expand your makeup range! Definitely recommend.
Luz G.
Luz G.

This thing is super pigmented it is ridiculous! My skin is fair and I use the lightest shade I can find to highlight my cheeks because I can also use another one as a blush. I have purchased nyx products in the past and they haven't let me down, Ever! Their products always have an excellent color payout. The only thing that I would love to see is how to use different shades of the palette in one look. I haven't seen any video yet of how to use it properly if it has so many shades for different skin tones. It would be nice if it came with a mini tutorial on how to enhance our facial features.
Rosie R.
Rosie R.
Huddersfield UK

If you're like me and want to be highlighted for the gods, this is the palette for you. NYX launched in the UK recently and I ran to buy this, at just £8 I couldn't leave it on the shelf! I'm a fair skinned girl so sometimes highlights don't always show up intensely on my skin, but I swear by this. It swatches highly shimmery without it looking "false" and obvious glitter on your face. My personal favorites are the yellow and the lavender shades, as they're something different yet somehow look natural to my skin
Mel M.
Mel M.
Paterson, NJ

I have a tan skin tone and this was one of my first NYX purchases and I LOVE it. It's highly pigmented and you get 6 shades for a total of $20. Just swatching it alone my hand was glowing. I was surprised by how much I liked the lilac shade. Although they all look great, on my more pale friend one of the golds did look a little chalky but again it's fine on me. These are very shimmery which is the point. I have found myself reaching for this over my BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
Alyssa E.
Alyssa E.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this highlight palette. The golden tones are perfect for highlighting the face and I love the purpley tone for the inner corner of my eye. There's strong pigmentation in all the colors and you get good wear all day without touch ups. There was only one left in stock at my target and it was sitting all alone on a picked over end cap. I saw it and just had to have it. I do not regret this little impulse buy! It puts all my other drugstore highlighters to shame!
Lindsay D.
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA

This highlighting palette is amazing!!!! I have so many highlighters including high end ones and i always reach for this palette. Theres so many different tones of highlights so its suitable for most skin tones. It dosent emphasize my pores it lasts all day without having to reaply it. It can be applied lightly for a more subtle glow or it can be applied more intense for a bam in your face type highlight! Definitely a great palette highlyyyy recommend.
123...789
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Riverside, CA

Do these show up well on the skin?
Leslie M.
Leslie M.
Maineville, OH

Does this have good pigmentation?? It's a little up there in price.
Rosalynn  M.
Rosalynn M.
Morse, Saskatchewan

Are these matter colors or shimmery? Hard to tell in the photos
Laura O.
Laura O.
Buffalo, New York

How do each of shades look on fair or light skin?
Gina d.
Gina d.
Willimantic, CT

Are these good shades for pale skin tones?

Join Now