BY NYX

Create a flawless face and set your makeup up for success with our new Soft Focus Primer—a weightless, silky primer balm that glides on with ease and delivers a translucent finish for a dreamy, soft focus effect. Complete with a plush sponge applicator, this luxe compact is the perfect addition to your beauty routine.

Isononyl Isononanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Silica, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/Aqua /Eau, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

NYX Cosmetics Soft Focus Primer
  • "so good at smoothing the face and making sure your makeup goes on smoothly. makes your make up super long lasting and for me especially it stops my face becoming as oily as usual throughout the day" in 46 reviews
Amanda L.
vallejo, CA
for the cost it worked well and left my skin for hours flawless and in place, I would recommend. No sun protection I could see. applied better with a brush.
Baylee O.
Sandpoint, ID
This Is great for a no makeup makeup look or for when you want a light makeup look, it goes on very evenly and makes sure that all the makeup stays in place for a good all day wear!
H Q.
Ferndale, Mi
This is .. Interesting. I've never used a primer like this before. It definitely smooths out my skin, but I don't like that I need to use a sponge applicator to apply it properly. I don't want to dip my finger in the pan. It's a solid cake pan with a slippery consistency, the compact has a mirror. Like when would you ever need to prime your face on the go? Idk maybe I will some day and when I do, this will come in handy. Til then I don't see myself using it much.
Daniella T.
Tucson, AZ
I have mixed feelings about this primer. I'm a loyal NYX customer and I usually love everything that I get. I was really exciting to get this, first because it's in compact form. I guess I figured it would maybe go on easily and smoothly. Nope! The sponge applicator actually makes it very clumpy and wastes way too much product. I hit pan after like three weeks (only using 1-2 times a week, and that's being generous). I ended up using my fingers and that's worked out much better. The primer itself is fine, minimizes my pores and goes on great. But I've used other primers that work better and last way longer.
Miranda L.
Grand Forks, ND
This is the first primer I ever used that kept my oils at bay it could be the combination of the NYC SOFT FOCUS AND the Pixie Setting Spray but I used them today and I'm completely oil free hours later this is not a easy task with my skin! I'm in love! I do love this but there is very little product my skin stays matte but the product doesn't go far.
Kyleigh W.
When I bought this, the packaging was really bulky so I thought I was getting a decent amount of product, but I hit pan in just a week. I put this over my skin after spraying my face with the Smashbox Primer Water and I did not have a problem with the texture and it smoothd out my skin. Unfortunately, I do not recommend this product to anyone and you can buy primers way better than this!
Rachel G.
Lees Summit, MO
Do not buy this primer, whatever you do. I bought it a few months ago hoping that this primer would work for me, instead it just smeared all over my face and caked around my foundation and concealer. I could see where they were coming from with this product, but I am not impressed with the quality, especially for paying $13 for it. Go try NYX's hydra touch primer if you want a good one from them.
Ferdelle L.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this stuff. I wish it would last longer. It's an amazing value and quality for the price. It comes with it's own applicator but I usually use my own brushes to apply it all over my face and my eyelids before I apply my make up. I keep this in my make up bag and always replace it when I'm out. It keeps my contour from being blotchy and prevents my eyeshadow from getting creased. It also evens out my skin tone so I occasionally don't even need foundation!!
Michelle S.
Burnsville, MN
Really good product although it is a bit drying to the skin would definitely recommend for oily skin if you want reduce the oils in the skin. Aside from that it works really well to fill in pores and make skin flawlessly smooth for foundation application. I would definitely be repurchasing since I do have oily skin.
Abrar A.
Long Beach, CA
create a flawless face and set your makeup for success with NYX Cosmetics' Soft Focus Primer. With a plush sponge applicator, this weightless primer balm glides on with ease and delivers a translucent finish for a dreamy, soft focus effect with high-definition results.
Amber R.
Is it better to use your fingers or the sponge that came with the primer?
Elli W.
Nashville, TN
I bought this primer, but noticed it smelled bad to me (like plastic or petroleum). I also had trouble finding the appropriate amount of product to use. How much do you use per application?
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
What do you think NYX should do to make this product better?
sofiya a.
Why does this product smell weird? And what's with the bad coverage?

back