BY NYX

Create a flawless face and set your makeup up for success with our new Soft Focus Primer—a weightless, silky primer balm that glides on with ease and delivers a translucent finish for a dreamy, soft focus effect. Complete with a plush sponge applicator, this luxe compact is the perfect addition to your beauty routine.

Isononyl Isononanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Silica, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/Aqua /Eau, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

NYX Cosmetics Soft Focus Primer
  • "so good at smoothing the face and making sure your makeup goes on smoothly. makes your make up super long lasting and for me especially it stops my face becoming as oily as usual throughout the day" in 46 reviews
Astrid V.
Reading , PA
Love it makes the poor pigment eye shadows stand out gives it a smooth even colored base my eyelids usually get oily but every since I started using this product it works wonders I also use it under my foundation and it hides all of my pores I would recommend for oily skin
Delaney C.
This primer was great the first few days I had it! After a little while, the sponge it came with would bead up with dried out product and get this weird, chalky finish.
I don't think I would buy it again, just because of what happens after you've used it a few times, which is unfortunate, because I love NYX and I really liked how this smoothed out my skin ):
May s.
I personally love primary balm so recently when I came across NYX Soft Focus Primer at Harmons I was not only surprised but very eager to try it.This claims to create a flawless face and set your makeup for success with NYX Cosmetics' Soft Focus Primer. With a plush sponge applicator, this weightless starter balm glides on easily and offers a translucent finish for a dreamy effect, soft focus with high definition results.
Brianna R.
Swanzey, NH
This actually took me by surprise. The primer is in a balm formand really minimize is my pores. It looks great under my foundation meaning that there's no streakiness or anything that's disturbing my foundation at all. I'm still working with this product but so far it's not bad
Jessica S.
Chapel Hill, NC
This is an okay product, but not one I'd repurchase and not one I'd necessarily recommend. I feel like one con is that you don't get a lot of product per price (compared to other types of drugstore primers, e.g. liquid), but a counteracting pro is that it'll probably last quite a while, at least for me. With this, I really focus on my t-zone where I get the most oily, so only a small amount of product is needed. As for shine control, it does an okay job, but right now it's winter when my skin is drier so I'm not sure how it'll hold up on my oily skin come summer. I also have large pores on my cheeks, and while this did blur/minimize them a little bit, they were still visible. It does do a nice job at immediately mattifying your skin, and I didn't notice any trouble with it separating from my foundation or making my foundation harder to blend. I do not advise using the sponge it comes with, though. It doesn't pick up the product that well, and I actually smudged my product because I pressed the sponge too hard. I just use my (clean) fingers and that works fine. Overall, this wasn't a special product to me. Unless you're really interested in trying out a balm-type primer, I'd say pass this one over and go with the more traditional, liquid ones that come in tube or pump.
Courtney C.
Deale, MD
This product has an interesting consistency. It doesn't feel silicon-y, but it feels some-what lightweight. I have combination skin, so I am not sure how it would apply to oily/dry skin. It is easy to blend due to the formula. I would recommend if looking for product to smooth skin, however it does not fill pores as well as expected.
Ashley R.
I've been testing this on my moderately oily skin for the past 2-3 weeks now, and it's just one of those products that has had me stumped. This is supposed to blur over your pores and imperfections. It's a bit different of a concept, considering it's in a compact form. Right off the bat, the first con I have is the very little amount of product. As you can see, I hit pan... after 2 weeks and no more than 5 uses! I used the sponge applicator it came with, and it picks up WAY too much product. The first and only time I used it, I hit pan. Plus, it just absorbs too much product. I don't recommend using it. So, I started using my fingers to dab it on the areas where I have larger pores (P.S. I have huge pores). This feels very silky and velvety on the skin, but I do not feel that it significantly blurs or minimizes pores, if at all. It provides a nice, smooth, even base for makeup application, but other than that, I would say pass on this. If this were in a tube with more product, I may have a change of heart.
Katiria A.
Bath, PA
I love a good primer! The price is fairly reasonable for a good product! I prefer a primer in a tube however this met my expectations and exceeded them! I will continue trying other ones till I find a favorite but I'm happy to use this anytime!
itzel a.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
i never try the poweder prudoct but i think it would be a good prudoct its good because of the brand. maybe it might be easy to apply. and its natural for your face when your skin its sensive. i can recommended that.
Whitney S.
I have found this to be one of the better face primers at a drug store. The finish is matte which is great for in the summer. Not to mention it was easy to apply and blend. Sun protection is a huge factor and one of the reason I bought it. I would recommend this to a friend!
Amber R.
Is it better to use your fingers or the sponge that came with the primer?
Elli W.
Nashville, TN
I bought this primer, but noticed it smelled bad to me (like plastic or petroleum). I also had trouble finding the appropriate amount of product to use. How much do you use per application?
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
What do you think NYX should do to make this product better?
sofiya a.
Why does this product smell weird? And what's with the bad coverage?