BY NYX

Create a flawless face and set your makeup up for success with our new Soft Focus Primer—a weightless, silky primer balm that glides on with ease and delivers a translucent finish for a dreamy, soft focus effect. Complete with a plush sponge applicator, this luxe compact is the perfect addition to your beauty routine.

Isononyl Isononanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Silica, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/Aqua /Eau, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

NYX Cosmetics Soft Focus Primer
  • "so good at smoothing the face and making sure your makeup goes on smoothly. makes your make up super long lasting and for me especially it stops my face becoming as oily as usual throughout the day" in 46 reviews
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
Huge huge huge NYX cosmetics Fan, it's literally the best "drug store" and also sold at high end make up outlets such as Ulta, etc. Make Up Brand ever! NYX products are absolutely amazing, literally have the best formulas ever and are super super affordable! There are so many NYX products that are 1/3 the price of other products that work just as good if not better and you save so much money! Moat of there make up and brushes are cruelty free too, which warms my heart! I absolutely love NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer and use it so much but NYX New Soft Focus Primer is absolutely hands down one of their best primers ever! It's a unbelievable primer for less than $15-$17 (maybe even cheaper in your area, and stores!) And it works wonders! First the formula, ugh it's perfection and applies perfectly (which is in a compact form with a mirror and a applicator, but I use my fingertips, or a brush!) And it's it's so smooth and buttery and lays perfectly in your face and is so light and fresh you cannot even tell you have anything on your skin besides your fave moisturizer and this amazing new primer! It blues large pore and blemishes completely away, I have not found a primer at this price, actually at all that has such an amazing blurring effect like the NYX soft focus! It reminds me of Benefit Porefessional but not as nearly as thick and heavy as that can and it like most of the time, I honestly think it minimizes and shrinks pores better than benefits Porefessional plus it has an amazing blurring effect!!! That's not it though! It isn't just perfect and has you natural skin looking flawless and on point but it's a true primer that hold your foundation and concealer in place all day while still blurring imperfections and minimizing pores! I've worn this under my full face of make up with full coverage foundations, and medium to sheer coverage foundations and every time my foundation stays and looks flawless and never been touched up of re applied! It doesn't allowbyou concealer to settle into fine lines or creases or even you powders such as blush, highlight, contour, Bronzer and setting powders, everything stays flawless! I can't tell you how much I love this product, use this product on me and countless clients and never ever had an issue with a make up application weather it be applying it, or keeping it flawless and stay put for hours and hours.. .I've worn it and had gorgeous make up that looked just applied for over 12+ Hours! Don't keep wasting money, as much as I love my benefit, Tarte, makeup forever and mac primers and purchase this and you won't ever be dissapointed! That's why NYX has been around forever and still is on top on the make up game, they have amazing, real working products for half the price of others! #NYX #BestMakeUp #Influenster
Marissa K.
I love this stuff! I was a little hesitant at first because of some of the reviews, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. I have dry/combination skin. I'm very dry around my nose and chin and Oily on my cheeks and forehead. This stuff makes my foundation look flawless! It holds it in place and controls the oil on my cheeks. I didn't notice any of my dry patches at all. I always moisturize before applying this so I feel like that helps. I will definitely repurchase this!
Jennifer X.
I bought this product a month ago and I still have enough left for another few months it's creamy and SOMETIMES easy to apply on face,I sometimes have days where my skin dries out a bit and then the primer doesn't look good and it ends up looking scaly in a way,it's not something I would reccomend for dry skin for sure.
Cassidy H.
I absolutely love this primer! Its like a MakeupForever Step 1 dupe for me. Its slightly tinted to even out my skin tone and when I use it under my Kat Von D Lock-It foundation, it lasts all day and night! No dry patches, no wearing off or blotchiness, it keeps me smooth and matte. I get it at Target for less than $15
Theresa M.
Lafayette, LA
This primer is applied with a sponge before foundation and needs a bit of time to set. I think that's because it's a balm and not a liquid. Once it does set, foundation glides on and looks flawless. On me, though, that look lasted only a few hours and then the makeup began to shift around my nose and chin and looked patchy.

The only other complaint I had was that this product only lasted about 2 and a half weeks.
Michelle L.
Cottage Grove, OR
This product is perfect for "oh crap I'm out of my normal primer and I just need something to last me a few days until pay day." I have VERY sensitive skin and primers tend to bring out the worst in it... but this primer definitely did the job and didn't give me month-long break outs, so that is a bonus! The only issue is you're definitely not getting very much product.
Astrid V.
Reading , PA
Love it makes the poor pigment eye shadows stand out gives it a smooth even colored base my eyelids usually get oily but every since I started using this product it works wonders I also use it under my foundation and it hides all of my pores I would recommend for oily skin
Delaney C.
This primer was great the first few days I had it! After a little while, the sponge it came with would bead up with dried out product and get this weird, chalky finish.
I don't think I would buy it again, just because of what happens after you've used it a few times, which is unfortunate, because I love NYX and I really liked how this smoothed out my skin ):
May s.
I personally love primary balm so recently when I came across NYX Soft Focus Primer at Harmons I was not only surprised but very eager to try it.This claims to create a flawless face and set your makeup for success with NYX Cosmetics' Soft Focus Primer. With a plush sponge applicator, this weightless starter balm glides on easily and offers a translucent finish for a dreamy effect, soft focus with high definition results.
Jessica G.
Love the soft focus face primer! It is silly smooth, and so light weight! I bought it at ultra. The price was good and it just so happen to be on sale! Woot!! It kinda blurs your pores and creates a barrier between your skin and foundation. I would recommend this however, I would say if you're going to use it, apply lightly because a little goes a long way!
Amber R.
Is it better to use your fingers or the sponge that came with the primer?
Elli W.
Nashville, TN
I bought this primer, but noticed it smelled bad to me (like plastic or petroleum). I also had trouble finding the appropriate amount of product to use. How much do you use per application?
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
What do you think NYX should do to make this product better?
sofiya a.
Why does this product smell weird? And what's with the bad coverage?