BY NYX

Create a flawless face and set your makeup up for success with our new Soft Focus Primer—a weightless, silky primer balm that glides on with ease and delivers a translucent finish for a dreamy, soft focus effect. Complete with a plush sponge applicator, this luxe compact is the perfect addition to your beauty routine.

Isononyl Isononanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Silica, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/Aqua /Eau, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

NYX Cosmetics Soft Focus Primer
  • "so good at smoothing the face and making sure your makeup goes on smoothly. makes your make up super long lasting and for me especially it stops my face becoming as oily as usual throughout the day" in 46 reviews
Karen C.
Baltimore , MD
Disappointed, does not do anything to skin. Also, they is such a little product inside the package is ridiculous. Not worth 10$ for sure. I completely regret buying this product. I wish I would of just bough a better one that is more expensive .
Taylor F.
Lancaster, SC
this primer is fantastic i love it so much and i hope i can get my hands on more of it. i got it at my local ulta and it's really not that pricey it is a good product for a nice price and i have only been using it for a couple weeks
Alyssa H.
Tampa, FL
I bought this because I have a problem with pores, especially around my nose area, directly under my eyes. It helps with hiding my pores but it's not a magic product. It does not have any colour, nor does it make my skin look ashy. It's a dry balm, and if you put too much, it becomes flaky, It says nothing about sun protection which is a downside for me because I'm a stickler for sun protection. The sponge applicator is a waste, it does nothing but flake the product on your skin, using my fingers make the product work far better. I paid 11$ (including tax) for this product and after 3 days I already hit pan. This product does what it says it will do, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. It doesn't last that long and I'm sure you can find primers that would do a much better job. I would not buy this product again.
Francis G.
I've used this product so much I've hit pan. I have dry to normal skin and I use it on my cheeks, nose, and on my forehead. It does a really good job with hiding my pores and some of my textured skin. I use a primer that's more hydrating for the skin and let that dry down, and then I go in with the soft focus. I do not like the applicator it comes with, didn't even try to use it. I use my ring finger and dab lightly on the areas. Less is most definitely more, once you use too much it starts to look clumpy and that can ruin your foundation!
Halie D.
This was just awful, and I don't say that often. I have combination skin with medium sized pores. I wanted to try a new primer and I love nyx, this looked interesting. I tried this u set my foundation (3 different types with 3 different finishes) and with all three it made them completely move all over my face! The product on my nose came off immediately even with a setting spray. I returned it, I will stick to the nyx tea tree balanced primer forever!
Keri D.
Starke, FL
I purchased this when i couldnt get to ulta and get the tarte clean slate primer and u know what this isnt so bad. CONS:Could have a better smell...could have a bit more product in the compact. Pros: smooth primer.glides on super easy. Doesnt have greasy feel. Does hide pores and finelines. And i like the little face pad it comes with to apply on yr face. I mean tarte charges 40 and dont give us one of those! Good job Nyx! So if ur strapped for funds or cant get to ulta or sephora then this would be a good quick fix for ur base face priner.
Janey S.
I have used a different brand of face primer before but wanted to try a different one and happen to see this at one of out local beauty store. I was surprised how smooth it was as I applied it, normally I have a combination of skin - dry and oily, so I was a little apprehensive to use it on the oily areas of my face fearing it may make it worst. This one was light and smooth on the skin. An excellent primer for full coverage foundation. With the few times I have already used it so far, it's a winner for me!!!
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
Huge huge huge NYX cosmetics Fan, it's literally the best "drug store" and also sold at high end make up outlets such as Ulta, etc. Make Up Brand ever! NYX products are absolutely amazing, literally have the best formulas ever and are super super affordable! There are so many NYX products that are 1/3 the price of other products that work just as good if not better and you save so much money! Moat of there make up and brushes are cruelty free too, which warms my heart! I absolutely love NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer and use it so much but NYX New Soft Focus Primer is absolutely hands down one of their best primers ever! It's a unbelievable primer for less than $15-$17 (maybe even cheaper in your area, and stores!) And it works wonders! First the formula, ugh it's perfection and applies perfectly (which is in a compact form with a mirror and a applicator, but I use my fingertips, or a brush!) And it's it's so smooth and buttery and lays perfectly in your face and is so light and fresh you cannot even tell you have anything on your skin besides your fave moisturizer and this amazing new primer! It blues large pore and blemishes completely away, I have not found a primer at this price, actually at all that has such an amazing blurring effect like the NYX soft focus! It reminds me of Benefit Porefessional but not as nearly as thick and heavy as that can and it like most of the time, I honestly think it minimizes and shrinks pores better than benefits Porefessional plus it has an amazing blurring effect!!! That's not it though! It isn't just perfect and has you natural skin looking flawless and on point but it's a true primer that hold your foundation and concealer in place all day while still blurring imperfections and minimizing pores! I've worn this under my full face of make up with full coverage foundations, and medium to sheer coverage foundations and every time my foundation stays and looks flawless and never been touched up of re applied! It doesn't allowbyou concealer to settle into fine lines or creases or even you powders such as blush, highlight, contour, Bronzer and setting powders, everything stays flawless! I can't tell you how much I love this product, use this product on me and countless clients and never ever had an issue with a make up application weather it be applying it, or keeping it flawless and stay put for hours and hours.. .I've worn it and had gorgeous make up that looked just applied for over 12+ Hours! Don't keep wasting money, as much as I love my benefit, Tarte, makeup forever and mac primers and purchase this and you won't ever be dissapointed! That's why NYX has been around forever and still is on top on the make up game, they have amazing, real working products for half the price of others! #NYX #BestMakeUp #Influenster
Marissa K.
I love this stuff! I was a little hesitant at first because of some of the reviews, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. I have dry/combination skin. I'm very dry around my nose and chin and Oily on my cheeks and forehead. This stuff makes my foundation look flawless! It holds it in place and controls the oil on my cheeks. I didn't notice any of my dry patches at all. I always moisturize before applying this so I feel like that helps. I will definitely repurchase this!
Jennifer X.
I bought this product a month ago and I still have enough left for another few months it's creamy and SOMETIMES easy to apply on face,I sometimes have days where my skin dries out a bit and then the primer doesn't look good and it ends up looking scaly in a way,it's not something I would reccomend for dry skin for sure.
Amber R.
Is it better to use your fingers or the sponge that came with the primer?
Elli W.
Nashville, TN
I bought this primer, but noticed it smelled bad to me (like plastic or petroleum). I also had trouble finding the appropriate amount of product to use. How much do you use per application?
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
What do you think NYX should do to make this product better?
sofiya a.
Why does this product smell weird? And what's with the bad coverage?