Add a Photo

Honeymoon

Shy

Maison

Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off all NYX Products

Load your lips with plush, pigment-rich color choosing from 12 brand new shades of Matte Lipstick—our shockingly smooth lip color that glides right on and stays in place with a silky matte finish that never feels dry. Now available in a range of fresh new hues, these playful pops of color are just what your spring wardrobe needs!

Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Isostearyl Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de carnauba, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), BHT, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Photos (601)
Taegan S.
Taegan S.
Eagan, MN

NYX Matte Lipstick is just as good as high end lipsticks, but for a fraction of the price! These are creamy and non-drying. They do appear matte on the lips, but are not transfer proof. These last a good time, about 5 hours, unless I eat or drink. I don't find that these bleed, but I always use a lip liner (I always use a lip liner with any lipstick.) I
The only reason this lipstick looses 1 star is because of its packaging. I don't need anything fancy, and I like the minimalist vibe, but the packaging can easily break so that the lipstick doesn't rise out of the container when you twist the bottom. I wish they would fix this issue, because it is the only think keeping it from 5 stars.
There are so many colors to choose from! I bought the shade, "Whipped Caviar" from the NYX website (It's also available at ULTA). It's a dusty rose-mauve (leans cool-toned). I'm so impressed! It's the perfect My-Lips-But-Better shade for me (I'm NW10/NW15 with pigmented lips).
If you're on the fence about these, get them! They won't disappoint!
Anjhie M.
Anjhie M.
Miami, Florida

Obviously, it's mate, but it's super comfortable to wear, nothing (nothing at all lol) I dry, something I can not stand very much. It's kind of creamy, but matt finish, which is my favorite type of lipstick in the world, hahaha

The color I have is dark nude, but maybe if you take a powerful blue you "get out" of the lip, so I do not know if in very dark colors you need a profiler.

The pigmentation is quite good. With just one pass, you get a very good coverage. I do not recommend that you spend it many times over the "painted", since it is a great layer of product, which is more likely to go before and also, you spend twice as much product.

These lipsticks last a lot, but depending on what you do. Let me explain: if you are 4-6 hours without eating practically, you will stand almost perfect. But if you eat or drink something that is very pringoso (type ice cream or smoothie), it starts to go a little in the center, but always in a very uniform way, NOTHING to patches.
Lina C.
Lina C.

Overall, I'm a huge fan of NYX Matte lipsticks. They're affordable but are very good quality lipsticks that come in a huge variety of shades. They tend to stay put pretty well on my lips after I've eaten - slight lightening, but doesn't completely fade or bleed.

Short reviews for each of the shades I own - for reference, my skin tone is NC40-42:

Whipped Caviar: HG lipstick! It is the most gorgeous, MLBB mauve shade. It can be worn casually in the day as well as for the evening. It matches really well with NYX Slim Lip Liner in Mauve. LOVE!

Euro Trash: This color looks peachy on most online swatches, but on me, it comes out as more of a brown. I like it, but it's not a lip color one could wear all the time.

Natural: A vibrant, pink color that's suitable for weekend looks. Slightly too loud to wear to work.

Tea Rose: A pretty rose pink shade that is very close to Natural, but is slightly cooler. Again, this color slightly too loud to wear to work.
Mai O.
Mai O.
Pennsauken, NJ

If you are looking for a smudge free type of matte than this is not the lipstick for you. When it states that it is matte it means that is not a shiny formula or satin formula. On my lips it is a matte finish but if i eat or drink it will transfer. I love the colors and am hoping to see more come out for this range because i do like formula (think Maybelline matte's but better because it does not have that horrid smell that the Maybelline one has) Reason why i do not give it a 5 out of 5 is the packaging. i have the shades natural and whipped caviar and for some reason they packaging is faulty on those. Like it does not lock in the down position so it sometimes turns itself up (when it is in my purse) and the bullet gets damaged. I also have maison and butter and that does not happen so i know its not all of the them but 2 out 4 is enough for me to have an issue.
Precious T.
Precious T.
Jacksonville, FL

It is so hard for me to find the right shade of lipstick and brand, but the NYX matte lipstick fits me perfect! I am so in love with this brand of lipstick. The brand NYX always have great products but the Matte lipstick gives you a bright Vibrant color and its not too shiny, I can put one coat of lipstick on my lips and the color shows up great. I can put the lipstick on my lips and it will last for at least 4 hrs or more. This brand of lipstick is not hard to wipe off, it does leave a color stain on my lips but it isn't that bad. Another great factor about this Matte Lipstick is that it keeps your lips moist and soft. While wearing this lipstick I don't have to worry about my lips drying out or cracking. I would highly recommend all lipstick lovers to try the NYX Matte Lipstick. This product is worth the money and you will not be dissatisfied.
Gina G.
Gina G.

I love everything NYX, and their Matte Lipsticks are no exception! Great range of shades, and super-pigmented, high-quality product. These aren't super-matte, so they go on creamy and are not as drying as some liquid matte lipsticks. Their staying power isn't quite as long as NYX's soft matte lip creams, but it's still really great for a regular lipstick formula. The only reason I wouldn't give these 5 stars is because if I'm going for a matte look, I prefer to use something really matte, like their soft matte lip creams. Otherwise, for a regular lipstick, I prefer their Butter Lipstick because it feels a bit better on the lips. The Matte Lipstick is definitely still worth a try, though, and you really can't beat the price! Looking forward to getting more of these and trying ALL the colors!
Adela L.
Adela L.

I have this lipstick in the shade Whipped Caviar, and it is the perfect MLBB shade. The lipstick itself is very pigmented and smooth in application. I love the bullet shape and packaging, which allows you to see the shade of the lipstick from outside the packaging. It is not overly drying, in fact, I would argue it is slightly moisturizing. If there is a problem with dryness, just add a lip balm underneath (I use the EOS lip balms sometimes)! The wear of this lipstick is incredibly, and I would say it lasts about 5-6 hours on me before starting to fade. It is the perfect size and shape to travel with and whip out when you need a little bit of colour added to your face. These are super affordable and definitely my favorite drugstore lipstick. And who doesn’t love a cruelty-free brand?
Victoria G.
Victoria G.

Hands down one of my favorite makeup purchases! I have three colors so far and I plan on getting many more they are great as is or with a gloss. Can be used with or without primer or moisturizer underneath. Great as a base for an ombrè lip with a liquid lipstick, and can also be used as a crème blush, and eyeshadow!! (it blends very well) In addition, I also use Temptress (an coraley-orange color) as a color concealer to eliminate dark under eye circles and it works so well!! I does dry out lips a little bit but not nearly as bad as other lipsticks I have tried, and you can easily solve this problem with a clear moisturizer underneath the lipstick!! Definitely something I recommend, you definitely get your moneys worth... and then some!
Sam W.
Sam W.
Collegeville, PA

The biggest issue I've had with these lipsticks are that the colors are not true to what is seen on the website (whether it be Ulta or nyxcosmetics). I have four of these in Eden, Perfect Red, Siren, and one of the pink shades, Natural maybe? I like the formula of the reds (Eden and Perfect red) and they're a nice matte without being super drying. Siren (a purpley berry), on the other hand, is not matte and has an almost frosty finish? It drags as you apply it and it's my least favorite dark lipstick I have. Natural is a pretty color that looks good on my skin, and it is more of a cross between a cream finish and a matte finish. These are relatively matte overall, but if you're looking for an ultra-matte, these aren't for you.
Marissa M.
Marissa M.
S Plainfield, NJ

These lipsticks are so comfortable! They're definitely matte if you blot off some of the excess product, but I find that this is the case with many matte lipsticks. However, I love them both matte and with a slight sheen. I have 4 of these, my favorite shade being Aria, they are my most favorite "drugstore" lipsticks I own. The pigmentation is amazing, and the product lasts from sun-up to sun-down! I experienced slight feathering with them on their own, so I always use a lip primer underneath (and sometimes a lipliner, I often times use an angled brush to line my lips with these lipsticks because the shades I own are so unique!) I'm hoping to pick up more shades in the future, because their shade range is also incredible!
Kiersten B.
Kiersten B.

I'm really interested in trying this product... Does it dry out lips?
Anoohya
Anoohya

I heard a lot's of reviews on this product...but I have very patchy lips...do they make my lips more dry when applied??
Carly F.
Carly F.
Cape Coral, FL

Is there anywhere else you can get Nyx in the U.S besides Ulta?
Mecca G.
Mecca G.

Is this a good brand of lip stick? Is it better than MAC?
Megan R.
Megan R.

The price is reasonable, but is this a good lipstick? I'm obsessed with the color but don't want to waste money on something that will dry my lips out or just not hold up on a busy day.

Join Now