Add a Photo

By NYX
#105 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Buy NYX Cosmetics Eye Shadows - Find your Love in Rio using the 3 color eye shadow palette. Indulge in natural and pulsating colors to create that impeccable day or night look. Take this Love in Rio color palette with you on every escapade and mesmerize others with your eyes Details provided by NYX Cosmetics.

Photos (18)
Theresa G.
Theresa G.
Santa Clarita, CA

This eye shadow is amazing! I saw it in my sister's own make up bag and i noticed how much more shimmery hers was compared to my cover girl eye shadow so I tried it on. It comes on very easily and just the way I like it. The three colors are also perfect. For me i like to kinda have an ombre effect with my eye shadow so the way I apply this eye shadow is i mainly apply the darkest brown on my eye lids and then with the pink shimmer I apply that to the corner of my eye lid towards my nose. This eye shadow you don't have to worry about it not matching, because it is a perfect color to go with everything.:)
Casey H.
Casey H.

I have the "no tan lines" love in Rio trio and I would say it's about average for drug store makeup. I used it over urban decay eye primer and still had trouble building up the color and getting it to stay in place. The pigments just do not show up on your skin like they do in the tray. It can only be applied with the sponge tip, I tried to use my angle brush to no avail. It took awhile, but once the color concentration was there it was pretty colors. For the price though, it is a decent quality.
Deloris L.
Deloris L.
Arkadelphia, AR

I love Nyx eyeshadow and lip products! I was introduced to this brand by Ipsy, and have sought it out ever since. I needed a good neutral set of eyeshadows for everyday wear, so I purchased this! The color is well-pigmented and it doesn't take a lot of layering to get the right look. The powder my brush picks up is soft and the colors blend well. I got a really good deal on this palette at the Nyx site--just $3!
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Bowie, MD

I was very skeptical of this palette at first, but I went ahead and bought it because it was on sale at Ulta (where I spend way too much money). I was really surprised that after using it the first time, I actually liked the colors. It's very shimmery so I typically only use it for going out or special occasions. The colors aren't SUPER pigmented but they're still very nice and apply very smoothly.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.

LOVE NYX, and this palette! Well pigmented colors go on so smoothly, so easily! They don't crease and they last all day. I have the "Bossa Nova" palette, and the browns in it are gorgeous. The case is cute, and the brush inside is easy to hold and use, it's just the right size. Sometimes eye-shadow brushes are super small and uncomfortable to use. Price point was perfect too, I paid around $5.
Jacklyn S.
Jacklyn S.
W Brookfield, MA

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this quad, the middle shade really stood out to me. I use that seperately or I use the whole quad using the middle shade in my crease, the left in the outer corner v, and the shimmer in both the inner corner and on the center of my lid. I use the entire quad for a more night time look, and use the shades seperately with other eye shadows during the day.
Carlise R.
Carlise R.
Columbia, MO

I love this product but the shadow itself is pretty cheap. the glitter gets everywhere and the colors don't stay on for a long time. other than those few little things this can be used for a great night time look. I love using it for my smokey eye and also mutter the dark chocolate brown with the brightener color for a daily wear palate. I would definitely get this product again.
Natalie L.
Natalie L.

Got in my ipsy bag, and I love it. I'm a big fan of coppery tones, so this is right down my alley. It is a good look for everyday, but if you are looking for something a little more Night timey, this might not be right for you. Pigment is great and as I've said, I just absolutely love the color. This is my first product from Nyx, so I may start exploring their shadows more.
Liz J.
Liz J.

* I'm reviewing Love in Rio in Cabana Boy -- the Golds and browns, not the pictured black and white

I love these colors--essential gold tones and a little sparkle when it's needed. The brown is maybe a bit too dark for my daily look. I have fair to medium skin with red undertones, but I think this would be great with someone with darker skin or more olive tones.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Pace, FL

I was really hoping to love this palette and while the colors are absolutely stunning, it is lacking some serious pigmentation. I have to built the color up quite a bit to get the intensity that I want which is inconvenient. You can find my more detailed review on my blog at christinaschiccorner.com as well as see swatches of the shadows.
Angela D.
Angela D.
Bullhead City, AZ

I have been wanting to try this for so long.Is there anyway that i can get sample boxes,i heard they give them away. If thats true how do i get them?
Janie S.
Janie S.
Rio Rancho, NM

How is the colors? Are they pigmented well?
Taylor B.
Taylor B.
Marietta, GA

Why is this palette so hard to open?
Sherry J.
Sherry J.

I really want to try out this eyeshadow palette, does anyone know if the colors are pigmented?

Join Now