Add a Photo

By NYX
#8 in Lip Gloss

Buttery soft and silky smooth, our decadent Butter Gloss is now available in 12 more sumptuous shades! Each glossy color delivers sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky, leaving your lips soft, supple and kissable.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Photos (548)
Tanya L.
Tanya L.
Bowmansville, NY

These lipsticks settled in my cosmetic bag a year and a half ago. I fell in love with them right away and so far they have not disappointed me!)
The first thing that fascinates me in them is the smell. It looks like something vanilla-chocolate)) However, it may seem to somebody rather harsh, but as it is felt only in the process of applying (and then, if purposely sniffing)), I do not think it will be a problem for anyone .
The color palette is quite wide and there are very extravagant shades (I still have only three, but I want to order a couple more later).Consistency is very gentle and really creamy)) Applicator directly slips on the lips)Layer, if desired, can be made loose, which also looks good (just need to spread it well on the lips, so that everything is applied evenly, especially with regard to bright colors). Immediately after application, there is a slight gloss, but after 5-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the layer) the lipstick becomes absolutely matte and, in addition to this, very resistant (here it must be emphasized that this occurs after complete drying). Here is an example, I dabbed the swatch with a swab (the pink and red are not completely dried up - it's clear that they were partially smeared).But after full drying, all the shades passed the test drive with a kiss of the hand - nothing was imprinted at all))
Another plus is that the lipstick is absolutely not sticky Smile.
It is easy to apply in principle, but when using bright or dark shades, it may be worthwhile applying a pencil along the contour. Although you can do without it, if your hands grow out of the right place))
On lips it is not felt, taste if is, hardly appreciable.
My lips do not dry, but do not moisten (this is more than compensated by resistance)).
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA

My Favorite Lip Gloss of All Time! This is The Holy Grail of Lip Glosses!!!!!! NYX Cosmetics Produces So Many Items That I Love and Make my Beauty Routine Super easy, and absolutely Gorgeous! This is 1 of those Products! If you don't Know Abdul's NYX Butter Gloss then your missing out on everything you want I A Lip Gloss and More! It's super super affordable $5-$8 a Gloss...yeah! And is the smoothest, creamiest, most shiny pigmented gloss every! It literally apply and sets on your lips like butter, and shines and glosses like butter! It makes your lips look amazing and beautiful while providing a pigmented (but not fully pigmented like there Soft Matte Lip Creams) to add dimension and color to your lips! It's never sticky or tacky and never look cheap or cheesy. No chunks of weird glitter in any! With over 22 Colors and NYX adding more here and there, there is a color and shine just for you! From Nudes, Pinks, Deep Plums, Purples, Read and Berries you cannot ever go wrong with this Gloss! I highly highly recommend it!!! And I always have numerous NYX Lip Products with this prob the most popular floating in NY bag, make up kits and pro make up kits! Love it!!!! NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss CollectionNYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss Collection
Emily O.
Emily O.
Marietta, GA

This lip gloss is by far my favorite lip gloss, after trying several other brands. ***** Packaging - The color is more true to the packaging than the Matte Lip Creams, and the applicator is pretty standard. I use this frequently and haven't run out of it yet, so the formula is easier to get from the tube than the matte lipsticks. ***** Wearability - they're sticky, like any lip gloss, and they need reapplication to stay 'glossy', but when they haven't been reapplied for a few hours, they leave a soft and dewy sort of stain on your lips that loses its gloss but keeps a sort of gentle shine. The darker colors give the vampy vibe and go really well over NYX's matte lipsticks (of which I gave a rave review), or by themselves when you want a more natural dewiness to your lip color.  ****** Scent and taste - they smell like straight up vanilla cupcakes, and have the same sugary, devil's food cake taste to them. I hate overly artificial scents and flavors, but these are easy for me to handle and they are honestly kind of yummy.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I recently discovered these glosses and while they're not anything groundbreaking, just standard lip glosses, I still really like them. I first fell in love with the shade Angel Food Cake, which is a pigmented pinky-nude color. I've also recently picked up the shades Tiramisu and Creme Brûlée which aren't as pigmented but they're nice nude colors. The formula is just a typical gloss; slightly sticky, doesn't last very long, but if you wear glosses regularly (like me) you should be used to that. I don't mind reapplying throughout the day, so that doesn't bother me. I love that NYX has a wide selection of colors to choose from, both in the Butter Gloss and Intense Butter Gloss collections, so there should be at least a shade or two out there for everyone. I do wish these came in larger tubes; they're pretty small in size so I feel like I go through these quickly. I always get mine on sale so I would recommend waiting for a sale and then getting some because I do think they're a good product.
Shan O.
Shan O.

I really like these lip glosses they are very moisturizing I have three I have the cherry red one not sure the name I misplaced it also have a nude shade creme brulee and a light pinkish nude shade called vanilla cream pie which is my favorite the color goes very well with my pale skin. I mostly wear darker colors this is one of the only light colors I own aside from the nude colored one and I can wear it every day it's not too bright. I love all three of the colors I own I wish I could find the red one that's another favorite of mine for everyday wear I may have to go replace it. I highly recommend these glosses I love NYX products they're inexpensive and are good quality. These glosses are great they are buttery like they say and super soft and the colors are great I just wish they stayed on a bit longer but I still love them.
Allison C.
Allison C.

This lip gloss is just...YES. YES! YASSSSSS! This drug store brand (which I usually buy at Urban Outfitters, by the way...and probably for too much, haha...) is really wonderful. Though I can understand why some people my be a bit turned off by it - it is sticky, by technical standards - I do not find it to be off-puttingly sticky. It leaves my lips feelings moisturized, and the staying power of it is surprising. I feel most glosses wear off too quick, but this has a bit more staying power; even when I use the darker gloss colors, I still see it in my lips even once the gloss as, more or less, worn off. I can get a 3-pack of these glosses at Urban Outfitters in NYC, as previously mentioned, for $10 a pop. Ain't too shabby! I am sold, and I always have one with me in my purse. It's definitely becoming my go-to gloss!
kelsey m.
kelsey m.
Surrency, GA

Best Drugstore lip gloss EVER!!!! No seriously, it's so affordable yet so so good. What I love about this product is its not sticky at all! It adds the perfect amount of shine without being tacky and annoying. It comes in so many shades and looks great on anyone regardless of their skin type. Plus you can wear these alone or layer them on top of lipstick to add a little bit of oomph to your look. That's my favorite way to wear them. The shade Crème Brûlée is my all time fave. It's the perfect nude in my book. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!! I pick mine up at Ulta but I've found NYX at my local CVS as well. But check at Ulta and Ulta.com because they normally have NYX products buy one get one free or half off. I mean who doesn't like to save money!!
Cayla W.
Cayla W.

I have tried MANY lip glosses over the years, and there is nothing more moisturizing from the drugstore than NYX butter glosses. They are very creamy and the pigmentation in them is amazing. Maple blondie and creme brulee are my two favorite shades for everyday use. On days where my lips are very chapped, and I cannot wear lipstick as a result, I love these even more! I can still have a nice pigmented color on my lips without having that chapped lip look a lipstick would give me. These are amazing during the winter time especially when your lips are more prone to being dry. I like to apply carmex underneath and these over the top. This has become my favorite duo by far. I love NYX butter glosses, they are simply amazing, enough said!
Emerald G.
Emerald G.
Pomona , Ca

I can't believe it's not butter? Butter believe it! Enough with the corny puns lol but I have a serious love connection with this gloss. I'm a matte liquid lipstick type of girl but this lipgloss is the best. It is the ONLY lipgloss I will actually wear. Smells amazingly delicious which is always a plus to me, never sticky and glides onto the lips like buttah! My lips look so smooth and plump with this on. This is the only lipgloss I've tried that doesn't settle into any lip lines in fact it seems to blur them. My favorite color that I cannot live without is Angel food cake!! It's my perfect my lips but better color and I refuse to leave the house without it with me. Butter believe I own multiples! Butter safe than sorry !
Erika S.
Erika S.
Menifee, CA

I'm not gonna lie, I bought NYX Cosmetics' Butter Gloss in the shade Sunday Mimosa because I liked the name of the color. Unfortunately, that was not a good idea, because I found the color to be too dark for my fair skintone. That said, after a bit of trial and error, I was able to get it to work for me to an extent. Sunday Mimosa is a bright pink-leaning coral with a v strong color payoff that felt too loud for my preference; however, when I applied 3 dabs of it to my lower lip, then used my ring finger to smooth it out, the color was more muted and wearable. I love how moisturizing and long-wearing NYX's Butter Glosses are; you just need to be careful with the colors you select. DEFINITE RE-BUY {in a different shade}
Leah M.
Leah M.
Philadelphia, PA

What's your favorite shade?
Ashley s.
Ashley s.
Akron, OH

I have heard these are awesome. Do they live up to their name??
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
Hudson, FL

I've wanted to try these but I'm so picky when it comes to my lips . Are they sticky how long do they last?
Cheyenne B.
Cheyenne B.

I really want to try these out but do they dry out when wearing them for to long?
Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.
Palmdale, CA

What is their price? Where do you or where can you buy them ?