BY NYX

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

• Does this work well and is it a good product to buy2 Answers
  • How exactly is gel different than a brow pencil? Does it ...2 Answers
  • Does this make your brows sticky?3 Answers
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
I usually have good luck with NYX products, but this one is terrible. I grabbed it because I have a hard time finding clear brow gel for the days I don't want bold brows and just want to shape them into place. The first time I used it, it was okay. I liked how it didn't make my brows appear to be wet and darker than they actually are (I have that problem with the ABH one). I did not like how crunchy and stiff it made my brows though.. I wore it throughout the day, and within several hours, it was no more. My brows were back to being their natural shaggy selves. The second time I used this, I had the same results, except within a few hours, it was peeling off. It looked like I had a sunburn and had flaking skin that was getting caught in my brows. I've tried to use it several times since, and it has had the same result.. I suppose it is satisfying to peel it off of my brows though. I have a feeling it is doing this due to Spring now being here and Missouri being terribly humid, I really don't know though.

I would not recommend this product to anybody, but I'm giving it two stars because I do enjoy peeling it off of my brows.
Katy B.
I have naturally thick, dark eyebrows so I am fortunate that I don't have to pencil in my brows or anything. I did however want to control them a bit more because they are relatively thick and unruly. I bought this product at Ulta to solve that problem and while it does keep them in place, it also flakes and globs, and makes it look like I have awful eyebrow dandruff when I totally don't! It's super frustrating that I want to like it and spent the money only to never use this product and it not to do what it's supposed to effectively. 0/10.
Gabby M.
Brenham, TX
NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel is a product that you get what you pay for. It does the job but has some flaws. I like that it keeps my brows in place all day but I felt the product getting hard throughout the day and felt "crunchy" if you know what I mean. The gel also felt pretty watery which can be a good or a bad thing. I personally like eyebrow gels to be a little thicker but a more watered down gel could last you a lot longer. If you are looking for a more cost effective way to to go this can definitely save you some coins.
Jennifer F.
Hudson , OH
I have really liked this brow gel lately. I have rather thick and unruly brows so a clear gel is just what I need. It doesn’t get white and flakey like some clear gels I have tried and it does seem to keep my lashes in place without being overly stiff. My brows are so unruly I could use something with a little more control actually, but this does keep them looking natural which is perfect for a no makeup- makeup look which is my usual go-to.
Ashley S.
NYX knows what they're doing when it comes to brows! I recently started using this product when I had a makeup job for a maternity shoot and ran out of my usual product. I grabbed this on a whim and it turned out to be a great buy! I can't say much about its level of brow control, as mine aren't unruly in the least, but it will definitely lock in any product underneath it and keep it looking fresh all day.
Alicia H.
I have pretty thick and full eyebrows, so I rarely use product in them - I just try to maintain shape. I wanted to try something to keep them in place, without any tinted color, and this is where my search had brought me. I bought this and I will never turn back! It's a great gel that really keeps everything in perfect shape throughout the entire day. It's clear, so it doesn't add any color, and the gel doesnt turn into a hard mess. It glides effortlessly through the hairs! The plus side is that it's cheap, but it doesnt diminish from how well it works! A definite buy and a staple in my bag.
Taylor F.
Buffalo
WOW. Wow wow. This clear gel shapes unruly brows and is a nice complement to my current brow routine. If you have too much on the wand, it can dry a bit crusty, but that’s a minor complaint compared to how this manages my brows. And, for the price point, I can’t possibly go wrong. A nice alternative for anyone who likes to have affordable options for great brows.
brenna f.
Cookeville
I very rarely do anything to my eyebrows, im still learning how to draw them on and how to get a shape i like. I had a collab pic that I did and I used then then used a blue eyeshadow to fill it in and it turned out wonderfully. It was the first time i liked the shape and the way it looked. Im so glad i tried this out its a must have! Its the one with my full face.
Ashley S.
Kissimmee, FL
I have very unruly eyebrows. I have tried every kind of gel, wax, and pomade that’s supposed to keep it in place and they all are either too heavy or leave a residue. This brow gel is light and truest dries clear so that it doesn’t interfere or change brow color. It also doesn’t interfere with the color product I use on my brows daily!
Shayna K.
Lincoln, CA
This is a good eyebrow gel! Gets all the hairs in place and they stay that way. I use it both with my eyebrows filled in or on their own. My only downfalls were the fact that it goes on with a lot of product so my eyebrows are wet and later when it dries there is white steaks in my eyebrows. Idk if it was just me but I still use it every day.
Rachel T.
Melissa B.
1,062 reviews
Nafeeza H.
Waterbury, CT
Is this really drying?
Marta G.
Megan D.
How does this compare to high end brow gels?