BY NYX #38 in Lipstick

Treat your lips to a kiss of smooth, creamy color with our irresistible Butter Lipsticks in 12 new luscious shades. The formula’s delicate satin texture fused with highly saturated color delivers full-yet-lightweight coverage with a luxurious satin finish.

Ingredients

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Fruit Punch, Boardwalk, Beach BBQ, Firecracker, Sandy Kiss, Root Beer Float, Staycation, Ripe Berry, Heat Wave, Lifeguard, Hot Nights & Scorching Sun
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Afternoon Heat
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Moonlit Night & Firebrick
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Block Party
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410).

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Lily R.
Lawton
Review for: Ripe Berry more...
I love the way NYX's Butter Lipsticks feel - they're so creamy. This one in particular (which I think has been renamed recently?) is very pigmented, but not long-wearing (and they aren't advertised that way, so I don't mind) and it does transfer. Another reviewer said these "wear off gracefully," and I definitely agree - they just fade and leave a slight stain of color on the lips. The price on these is great, and if you keep an eye out for NYX's 50% off sale around the holidays, it is SO worth stocking up. I think in the future I'd love to get another Butter Lipstick in a more neutral/MLBB shade, because I find them to be so moisturizing and comfortable. Interestingly, unlike a lot of NYX's other lip products, this one doesn't really have a smell. This shade is a rich reddish-purple-plum, great for the colder months. I always get compliments when I wear this one. It's definitely on the vampy side, but I think it would flatter a lot of skin tones. I have olive skin, and I'm usually pretty pale in the winter, so this is definitely a "vamp" look for me. I generally pair this with a NYX lip liner, and haven't noticed any feathering with this lipstick. I think the red undertone of this makes it very wearable and flattering.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Review for: Seashell more...
The first problem I have with this product is the color. I got Seashell as part of the Lippie Countdown Advent Calendar and it looks terrible on me. I have been documenting the advent calendar in selfies, but I refuse to have a picture taken of myself in this color. It's a pastel pink with blue undertone--horrible if you're fair and already pink-toned like me. I could see this being an okay color if you have darker skin, but I wouldn't recommend it even then because the formula for this lipstick is so drying! It's too thin to apply a balm under, or else I would, because my lips got chapped after I used the butter lipstick. I'm super disappointed because usually I love NYX and I love the butter GLOSSES, but this was a letdown.
Robyn L.
Higginsville , MO
This is one of my most recent new favorites! I have the color Ripe Berry, and I’m just in love. Even though it comes off on the cup while I’m drinking my coffee, I can go back and look after a couple hours and am always surprised to see I still have some on! I love the pigment, love how smooth it goes on, love how it feels on my lips, and love that it doesn’t dry them out! I use this almost every day, and will definitely be buying more.
Meca H.
Sacramento, CA
I love love love NYX Butter Lipstick I love the shine and how moist and kissable my lips are after every application. I've tried other brands of drugstore lipstick but this is by far the smoothest application I've experienced out of all of them. I recommended this product to my friends, family and followers. I will definitely buy this product every month!
Nadine O.
wexford
Review for: Other more...
I really enjoy these lipsticks. Root Beer Float is one of my favorite shades, it's a pinky brown nude and almost exactly my lip shade. It glides onto the lips and is very comfortable with a slight shine. It does transfer completely and you will have to reapply during the day. Mary Janes is also a very pretty dark red color. Some of the more adventurous colors are not very good sadly, they are quite patchy and hard to apply, they are not as smooth as the normal shades and do not wear well. These shades include moonlit night, a dark purple, and fireball, a bright pink. These are very affordable, but you do need to be careful because the quality is not consistent. I would definitely recommend the first two shade though!
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Review for: Vacation Spot more...
Brought this in a trio pack from NYX online. It only cost $8 for all three which is an amazing deal for just one let alone 3 lipsticks. And I love that NYX really have the market on lips as they can cater to all preferences in style, color and finish.

The shade options in the trio was called warm nudes which I love and is very on point with the season and what seems to be a sought after look at the moment.

Now unfortunately the product itself and I didn’t really get on....it was very dry and made application seem harder. Now I’m a liquid lip girl so that is more a personal preference. I used a lot of lip balm to moisten my lips so the color would glide on. The color was quite pigmented, but again not as much as the liquid options....

Did feel a little heavy, and had worn off in no time. Apart from that I think a lot is down to personal choices in your lip products....I just don’t wear much if any lipsticks anymore but couldn’t pass up the great deal.

If you do however like them then this would make a very reasonably priced option for you.
Aleesha K.
Oxford, NC
I purchased the color sugar wafer and i think its the most beautiful creamy nude ever..plus its so soft on the lips..i would have given product 5 stars but due to the fact the lipstick broke off from tube,i must rate it a 2 due to product fail..because the formula is so creamy and buttery,,its probably best applied with a lip brush with minimal pressure..i seriously applied this gently and it fell apart,but since using a lip brush,its perfect..gentle is the key here
Erin W.
Tigard, OR
Bought a bunch of lipsticks to use in flat lays, and this was one! I was in a hurry and grabbed one that matched my outfit that day and was so beyond surprised at how smooth and pigmented it was!! Went on like a nice chap stick, bold color, decent staying power, and no taste. I have since worn several shades!! Coming from this lipstick snob and makeup junkie, that's a big deal!! Inexpensive yet high quality!! Worth a try!!
Deana S.
Cincinnati, OH
This is a good lipstick for people who are just starting out with makeup. However, it is very frustrating because it needs to be reapplied within an hour of application. Also, some of the colors can tend to look tacky and over done so it does make the lipstick look cheap at times. Some colors are better than others and do create value for the product but most of them have the issue of the color pigmentation and the lasting.
Tina M.
Goldsboro NC
I ADORE no LOVE these lip butters!! I have the red one and omg it’s one of my favorite products I’ve used on my lips! The packaging is sleek and straight to the point, which is good, id definitely buy this again but id buy the other colors!! I’d say this product is totally worth every dime you spend and the color pigmentation is Spot on, and the product last a while as well!
Beth G.
Dundee, Angus
Do you prefer a classic lipstick or a liquid lipstick?
Bethany W.
Bowling Green, KY
Do these colors last a long time or do you have to reapply many times?
Maria J.
London, Middlesex
Are these drying on the lips?
Kelsey B.
Shorewood, WI
Can anyone suggest where to find the a variety of colors and for a reasonable price?! I shop at Ulta and plan to check there, anywhere else? I just like to use/add up rewards points!
Are these good because I order some but don't know if they are? Is it very moisturizing? Are the colors strong? Do they last very long?