BY NYX #55 in Lipstick

Treat your lips to a kiss of smooth, creamy color with our irresistible Butter Lipsticks in 12 new luscious shades. The formula’s delicate satin texture fused with highly saturated color delivers full-yet-lightweight coverage with a luxurious satin finish.

Ingredients

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Fruit Punch, Boardwalk, Beach BBQ, Firecracker, Sandy Kiss, Root Beer Float, Staycation, Ripe Berry, Heat Wave, Lifeguard, Hot Nights & Scorching Sun
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Afternoon Heat
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate,     Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Moonlit Night & Firebrick
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Block Party
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410).

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, BHT, Alumina, Flavor/Aroma. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

• Do you prefer a classic lipstick or a liquid lipstick?43 Answers
  • Anyone else agree that these smudge WAY too easily?9 Answers
  • What do you think of NYX Butter Lipstick ?!!3 Answers
NYX Butter Lipstick
  • "I love both the NYX Butter lipsticks and butter lip glosses. I normally hate wearing lip gloss because of the stickiness but this one is great, creamy and doesn't feel sticky on my lips. And the lipsticks are creamy, my favorite color is "Pops" butter lipstick as it's an everyday nude color. Some colors are longer lasting than others, I have the lipstick in the purple shade "Hunk" and it lasts longer and even leaves behind a stain. " in 688 reviews
  • "There are literally not enough good things to say about these lipsticks! I have so many of them & use them pretty much daily. They're my go to lipstick without a doubt. They're so moisturizing, long lasting, and just great! They stay on for me all day, even through drinking and eating. These are to die for. I always rave about them to my friends! " in 582 reviews
Lily R.
Lawton
Review for: Ripe Berry more...
I love the way NYX's Butter Lipsticks feel - they're so creamy. This one in particular (which I think has been renamed recently?) is very pigmented, but not long-wearing (and they aren't advertised that way, so I don't mind) and it does transfer. Another reviewer said these "wear off gracefully," and I definitely agree - they just fade and leave a slight stain of color on the lips. The price on these is great, and if you keep an eye out for NYX's 50% off sale around the holidays, it is SO worth stocking up. I think in the future I'd love to get another Butter Lipstick in a more neutral/MLBB shade, because I find them to be so moisturizing and comfortable. Interestingly, unlike a lot of NYX's other lip products, this one doesn't really have a smell. This shade is a rich reddish-purple-plum, great for the colder months. I always get compliments when I wear this one. It's definitely on the vampy side, but I think it would flatter a lot of skin tones. I have olive skin, and I'm usually pretty pale in the winter, so this is definitely a "vamp" look for me. I generally pair this with a NYX lip liner, and haven't noticed any feathering with this lipstick. I think the red undertone of this makes it very wearable and flattering.
Michelle M.
Shields
Okay. It is what it says. Butter lipstick to a T. It literally feels like butter on your lips. I got the shade ( little Susie) it's a medium pink. I love it. It was cheap. Not sure if it was on sale but I got it for like $3. I recommend it, if you like that kind of butter feel. My lips are always dry and this actually helps a lot. I use this all the time.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Snack Shack more...
I love the NYX Butter Glosses and the NYX Matte Lipsticks, so I assumed this would be a perfect blending of my two faves. These are alright, but I don't like them as much as either of the two aforementioned NYX products.

The packaging is cute - very similar to the Butter Glosses. The bullet shape is standard which makes it pretty easy to get a crisp lip line. The formula is thinner than that of the Matte Lipsticks, but it IS buttery smooth. It feels nice and hydrating on the lips, which is a plus. This formula is not long wearing, but it does fade off well without leaving any weird patchiness behind.

These are cute, but I prefer other, longer lasting formulas over these and for that reason, I won't be repurchasing.
Nikole S.
This picture was taken after, first applying then, drinking a full cup. This glides on smoothly without collecting on any dry spots. I did not prep my lips and I used it solo to ensure I got real results. It lasts well and is a pretty color, but a different color then the stick. For that reason only I give this four stars instead of 5.
Au N.
Review for: Other more...
I randomly bought this because it was cheap. I didn’t expect to like it this much! I bought an orange color (Candy Buttons) just to try something new and it looks great. It reminds me of Fenty Mattemoiselle Saw-C. It has a matte finish but it doesn’t have that dry, chalky feeling that most matte lipsticks have. The only drawback is that it doesn’t last long. You have to reapply it several times throughout the day. But you really can’t go wrong with the price!
Amy B.
Oxford
Review for: Ripe Berry more...
I was gifted this product so I was unable to choose my own color/shade. I am typically not a red or bright colored lip kind of gal, but because of all the other wonderful qualities that this particular product offers, I continue to wear the color. My lips feel amazing and hydrated for the entire time I have the lip butter on. It is so easy and smooth when applying that I get the perfect application with clean lines each time. One downfall is that it does not seem to stay on my lips as long as some lipsticks, but it will be hard for me not to try more colors!
Nadine O.
wexford
Review for: Other more...
I really enjoy these lipsticks. Root Beer Float is one of my favorite shades, it's a pinky brown nude and almost exactly my lip shade. It glides onto the lips and is very comfortable with a slight shine. It does transfer completely and you will have to reapply during the day. Mary Janes is also a very pretty dark red color. Some of the more adventurous colors are not very good sadly, they are quite patchy and hard to apply, they are not as smooth as the normal shades and do not wear well. These shades include moonlit night, a dark purple, and fireball, a bright pink. These are very affordable, but you do need to be careful because the quality is not consistent. I would definitely recommend the first two shade though!
Nesa W.
Hoquiam
Ooooo I am in love with this lipstick!!!! Well done, NYX, well done. I received this as a gift and before that I never really wore color on my lips. If I did, it would be something super light, or sheer like a lip gloss. So I was a bit nervous since the shade is called Lifeguard and it's a perfect color of red to be called lifeguard. Shade aside, the product name is perfect as well, because this beautiful lipstick glides on buttery smooth! It doesn't dry down or anything, definitely not meant to be a matte lipstick. It leaves your lips with a very glossy vibrant finish. Absolutely love it!🤯😻👄
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Review for: Vacation Spot more...
Brought this in a trio pack from NYX online. It only cost $8 for all three which is an amazing deal for just one let alone 3 lipsticks. And I love that NYX really have the market on lips as they can cater to all preferences in style, color and finish.

The shade options in the trio was called warm nudes which I love and is very on point with the season and what seems to be a sought after look at the moment.

Now unfortunately the product itself and I didn’t really get on....it was very dry and made application seem harder. Now I’m a liquid lip girl so that is more a personal preference. I used a lot of lip balm to moisten my lips so the color would glide on. The color was quite pigmented, but again not as much as the liquid options....

Did feel a little heavy, and had worn off in no time. Apart from that I think a lot is down to personal choices in your lip products....I just don’t wear much if any lipsticks anymore but couldn’t pass up the great deal.

If you do however like them then this would make a very reasonably priced option for you.
Erica L.
Review for: Other more...
This butter lipstick is so soft and glides on like butter so it does justice to the name. It’s a bit sheer, but buildable. This is so soft that it’s not transfer proof at all so when I’m holding my daughter I always end up finding it on her clothes, which is why I didn’t give it 5 starts because that is a little annoying. But it is a lipstick I reach for because it is so soft and I love the color.
Beth G.
Dundee, Angus
Do you prefer a classic lipstick or a liquid lipstick?
Bethany W.
Bowling Green, KY
Do these colors last a long time or do you have to reapply many times?
Maria J.
London, Middlesex
Are these drying on the lips?
Kelsey B.
Shorewood, WI
Can anyone suggest where to find the a variety of colors and for a reasonable price?! I shop at Ulta and plan to check there, anywhere else? I just like to use/add up rewards points!
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
Anyone else agree that these smudge WAY too easily?