NYX Butter GlossInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY NYX #6 in Lip Gloss

Buttery soft and silky smooth, our decadent Butter Gloss is now available in 12 more sumptuous shades! Each glossy color delivers sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky, leaving your lips soft, supple and kissable.

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:

Peaches And Cream, Peach Cobbler, Cherry Cheesecake, Maple Blondie, Fortune Cookie, Madeleine, Praline, Sugar Cookie & Raspberry Tart
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Peach Crisp, Strawberry Jam, Cotton Candy, Pink Buttercream, Sugar Plum, Sunday Mimosa, Strawberry Cheesecake & Gelato
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Cranberry Biscotti & Raspberry Pavlova
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850).

Red Wine Truffle
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Blackberry Pie
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Ingredients: Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

NYX Butter Gloss
  • "Im in love with this product! Super creamy and glossy with just the right amount of pigmentation! Little sticky but thats okay:) Super moisturizing!" in 998 reviews
  • "I love butter glosses!! They are easy to use. And they feel so good on your lips!! Soft, but not sticky, and moisturizing too. They don't get gummy like some glosses do, and they have decent colors too! " in 762 reviews
  • "I just purchased this product yesterday! I love the color on my lips. Its a change from pinks and nudes. It has an amazing smell and its long lasting. It doenst feel glittery or move around to much. I love this lip gloss!!!" in 663 reviews
  • "Best drug store lip gloss love them i wear them all the time there very pigmented without lipstick and i love them for that reason don't need lipstick to wear them." in 7 reviews
Denisse R.
Brooksville, FL
Review for: Tiramisu, Praline, Fortune Cookie more...
I love this formula! It really lives up to the name of “butter gloss” - so very silky and smooth. Not goopy or sticky like many other glosses at all! I love this consistency, and it smells so yummy! They have a sweet, almost cupcake or vanilla/cake type scent which is heavenly! I think the packaging is so cute, and I think it’s great quality for the price. Can be found at various drugstores, Walmarts, Targets, or department stores (though I get mine at Ulta Beauty during BOGO 50% promos!) I usually can pick them up between 4.99-6.00, depending on location. I like that they are only slightly pigmented, and give you a almost “yeah, my lips look like this” color all the time! Upon trying for the first time, this buttergloss reminded me of L.A. Colors High Shine Gloss (though this consistency is better!) because they too have an awesome vanilla, baked goods type scent. My only complaint is that I wish the packaging was bigger, but since it’s so small and cute, I can toss in my bag or pocket while on the go with no problem! Can’t wait to buy more for my collection! NYX Butter Gloss
Ashley K.
Glendale AZ
Review for: Black Berry Pie, Peaches And Cream, Pink Buttercream, Madeleine more...
I need to clear the air, yall, I have fallen head over heels with NYX products.Initially, all I was just looking for a gloss to keep in my pocketbook and for work. I now can say that with the exception of my foundation, every make up product I use is of the NYX brand. So of course, I would own the infamous Butter Gloss. Here's what I like about it: it's smooth, light and long lasting. I'm the kind of girl who lives her days from dawn to dusk and this gloss is perfect for me. Not only does it come in various shades, it is universal for everyone and lasts all day. My favorite by far is Maple Blondie. I thought it would be too pink for my skin and I worried that I chose the wrong color, but after using it I fell in love. This is my go to gloss for anything and everything. Whether it be a busy work day, date night or just a trip to the grocery store, this gloss is the perfect completion to any look. I highly recommend it!
Callie G.
Review for: Creme Brulee more...
I really wanted to like this product because I heard so many people say how much they love it, but it just didn’t meet my expectations. The color was too white/light pink compared to how the packages looked. The consistency was also too gooey and stringy once I put it on. It kept moving around on my mouth and making my lips stick together. I also had to put a good amount of it on to get the color even, but then when I would rub my lips together, the color would move around and become uneven then it would get all stringy when I tried to open my mouth. Maybe other colors do better than this one, but I don’t really care to take the chance when I can’t test it out before buying it and then end up warring my money. It does smell good, but that doesn’t make up for what it lacks. Don’t recommend it :/
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Creme Brulee more...
I was never a big gloss girl - mostly because I HATE when my lips feel sticky. I'm a big fan of most NYX lip products however, so when these came out, I decided I'd give them a try...and I was pleasantly surprised!

The consistency of this gloss is wonderful, it's not sticky or chunky like other glosses, just buttery smooth. They smell heavily of a very sweet vanilla scent, but the smell doesn't last long after it is applied on the lips. The shades are beautiful, and they layer fantastically over a lipstick. They're also pigmented enough to wear alone for a "my-lips-but-better" style look.

They aren't SUPER long-wearing (I re-apply every 3-4 hours) but they re-apply wonderfully. Overall, this formula is one of my favorites when it comes to gloss, and at the price...you just can't beat it.
Jeanette P.
Portland
Review for: Tiramisu more...
For a lip gloss that's less than $5, it definitely feels AND looks absolutely fantastic! I was expecting it to be greasy and sticky like those children's makeup, but the moment I applied it, it went on FLAWLESSLY.
This lip gloss does not dry out my lips at all! I might even dare say it moisturizes my lips a little bit! Just a few swipes and you're good to go anywhere looking nice!
I chose  NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, as I wanted a color that was close to my natural color for that glossy, natural lip look. This definitely achieved this 100%. Have I said that it smells absolutely awesome too?
My small problem with it is like other lip products; it fades away from drinking or eating, though I have no problem reapplying it. However, for its price, I never expected it to withstand drinking/eating anyways (though it would be even more awesome if it did!)
I now carry this little magic everywhere--I have yet to find a gloss like this!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Tres Leches more...
I've mentioned this in prior reviews, but I'm not crazy about lip glosses. The first gloss I ever actually LIKED was the NYX Butter Gloss, so when these came out, I had to give them a try. And they are just as lovely!

The shade range is nice, and the packaging is cute - almost identical to that of the Butter Glosses. These are MUCH more pigmented than the original, but it has the same incredibly smooth formulation. This stuff is a LITTLE bit stickier, but not to the point of annoyance. My only issue with this gloss is that it does move around on the lips, and will bleed outside of your lip line if you don't use a liner.

Other than those small issues, this is a great formula. If you're looking for a gloss that packs a punch pigment-wise, this one from NYX is a hit.
Tiffany D.
Suwanee
I saw people raving about this lip gloss, so I just had to try it. And yes, this is an AMAZING drugstore lipstick that lasts a long time. I bought the color Tiramisu, which apparently seems to be quite popular and it was the perfect nude lip color (pink with a browner tint).

While I usually don't wear lip gloss as a base, it looks great, feels light on the lips, and is not crazy sticky. This color is just so great to apply on top of mauvey/pink lipsticks. The shine is incredible for putting on the center of the lips and making your lips look so plump.

Best of all, it is super affordable.
Joy P.
Review for: Black Cherry Tart, Banana Split more...
Nyx intense butter gloss is amazing. It's just like the original butter glosses but more of a colorful punch impact. I have the bannana split and berry cherry tart which are very 2 different shades. Pigmented so much the only con is it does slip and slide on your lips and sometimes runs on the sides but the color is clear. NYX Butter Gloss
Stephanie C.
Im a huge fan of the regular NYX Butter Glosses! So, of course I wanted to try the newer, brighter, more pigmented colors. The Intense Butter Glosses are much more pigmented, so if you want more of an opaque color from your gloss, this is it. However, I also found this version much more sticky. The color lasts but still comes off easily if you are drinking, eating etc. It also will smudge around if you arent careful with the brighter colors like I got. Personally, Ive only bought 1 of these as to where the original butter glosses I just "had to have" them all. These just left me less impressed.
Brandy D.
Review for: Sorbet more...
So everybody raved about how great these butter glosses were from Nyx so I bought a bunch. I’m just not a big loss fan even though these have quite a bit of pigment, they’re not my cup of tea. I may change here in a few months as I tried to keep up with the trends. I just prefer a matte lip. But I would not judge my review if you like a gloss these may be really nice! Try them for yourself please.
Kathlynn H.
Fresno, CA
Would you consider this more as a lipstick topper or could you wear this on its own
Leah M.
Philadelphia, PA
What's your favorite shade?
Ashley s.
Akron, OH
I have heard these are awesome. Do they live up to their name??
Chizaram I.
Norwalk, CA
Does the product make your lips matte or glossy
Karina B.
What's your favorite butter gloss color?