BY NYX #48 in Highlighter

Enjoy a luminous, lit-from-within glow all year long with our luxuriously lightweight Liquid Illuminator. Now available in four light-catching shades, this multifunctional formula can be used as a foundation base or over cheekbones, décolletage, and cupids bow for a natural-looking radiance that’ll have everyone talking.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-3, BHT, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Buy on Amazon*
  • "nyx born to glow liquid illuminator . the product comes in tube like packaging, the tip of the applicator is kind of a neat shape, almost look like a lip gloss. the product on my skin is almost the same slightly darker or peacher then my skin tone. u can a little product and mix with the foundation and apply on the face . it is a thick texture that eaisly mix with foundation. it give a soft glow on the skin. it is light weight liquids illuminator that gives skin a glow and beautiful highlight.. it has no fragrance." in 489 reviews
  • "i add some to my foundation and it adds a bonze glitter look that brightens my look. i usually use a powder formula, but i like the cream. it's easy to apply, you can use your finger or beauty blender. it's very pigmented. it has a bronze kind of rose gold look, it's really pretty. you can also add a powder highlight over it really man it glow." in 359 reviews
Anastasia S.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Review for: Sunbeam more...
This stuff is amazing I don't know why it's not talked about more! It gives me such a gorgeous highlight that can be super extreme if you want it to be but it can also look natural if you want it to. It's very pigmented so you don't need a lot of product. It also lasts all day for me, which I think can be attributed to the liquid formula as powder highlighters can easily come off in my experience. This dries right on your face and won't budge once it dries. Just a warning: if you have pale skin (especially with pink undertones) than this is a great shade. It's super light and has a bit of pink (as opposed to yellow) in it, so the color might not be the best fit for everyone. I wish they had another shade this light but more of a champagne color and not as pink, but this still works!
Gina C.
Encinitas, CA
Review for: Gleam more...
This is a super affordable liquid highlighter with some pros and cons. The pros of this liquid highlighter to me are that it is very affordable, lasts a long time, and definitely gives you a blinding highlight look. It is also easy to blend with because it is liquid, and the color is super pretty on medium colored skin. It has a rose gold kind of pink color that I think is so beautiful on the skin. It also has a lot of shimmer in the product, so it is very pigmented and you can build it up easily.
My cons with this product is that the applicator is hard to use because it squeezes out so much product at once, and just a little bit of this highlighter goes a long way because it is highly pigmented. My other con is that it makes your skin look like it has a metallic kind of look because the highlighter is almost like matte when you apply it because it is so pigmented and the product itself is very thick. Personally, I do not like that kind of highlighter look so the product isn't that great for me. It might be great for you if you like an intense, bold, blinding highlight look because the color and shimmer is very beautiful.
All in all, it is a very affordable liquid highlighter but I probably personally would not purchase it in the future again.
Kaitlyn R.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Gleam more...
Grabbed this while at Walgreens and it's definitely a fun new addition to my normal beauty routine. It's got almost a rose gold tint to it which is cute for night out looks. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of doing blinding highlight looks so this blends out to a nice "Gleam" for me (see what I did there?). BUT when layered it definitely provides that glazed donut effect that is in right now.
Lacee J.
Review for: Sunbeam more...
This is a pretty highlight. Sunbeam is a pretty pearly pink highlight that works well on fair skin tones. Now, I took a few stars for a couple reasons. I wish the packaging was different. If this came in a small tube with a doefoot applicator, that'd be perfect! I find that I always get too much with the squeeze tube and end up looking like I have metal on my face. I like a good, blinding highlight but even I have my limits. I feel that different packaging would allow for smaller applications and a more precise application of the product.
Kendall K.
Indiana
Review for: Gleam more...
Took two swatches of the shade Gleam. The first photo is in natural light, while the second photo was taken with the flash on. As you can see, the pigmentation and color are really beautiful. I have some trouble applying this because it is a liquid highlighter, but I’m hoping I get better with some practice. It’s a lovely shade that is fairly long lasting.
Palm T.
Review for: Gleam more...
I absolutely like this product. It's a little creamy but still liquidy. It sticks on your check a normal highlighter. It does not look weird like some liquid highlighters out there. You just need a tiny bit of drop and tap it on your cheek. Then layer on top of it a normal highlighter. So it will give that blinding look. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator. I actually got this product from ipsy glad bag too.
Lindsey T.
Phoenix
Review for: Gleam more...
I bout this product on a whim - just one of those last minute, unnecessary Target purchases (we've all been there), but I am actually glad I did.

Although I have light/fair skin, I do not use this product as a typical highlighter.  Rather, I use this bronze/darker tone where I put bronzer to warm up my face (cheeks, sides of forehead). I apply it with my fingers and/or a beauty blender. I do this after foundation and then continue with normal bronzer and face steps when I'm done. I gives a really pretty "tan goddess"/healthy look especially when it hits the sun - perfect for summer!

It would also look great to mix in a pea-size drop with foundation for a dewy/glowy/tan summer look.

I also love using it on my shoulders ond décolletage area to give a really pretty glow.

It's not a mind-blowing product, but I do enjoy using it and will continue to. My little secret summer product. :)
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: Gleam more...
I got this as a sample in an Ipsy bag. I’m not exactly too in love with the color they sent me, but I do use it occasionally. It a little too pinky for my complexion. The product itself goes on really nicely and blends out well. The intensity is very buildable which I like. It makes customizing your highlight super easy. For certain looks this color is great! I just don’t see myself using this as a daily highlight. I am glad I have this in my collection though.
Amber B.
louisville
Review for: Sunbeam more...
NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator this product was very cheap so I wasn’t too worried whether or not the product was any good, it was worth a try. While this product does give the skin sort of a shine, it doesn’t last very long and you can’t see much of a difference if you didn’t know it was on. Not too great of a product. Powder is the way to go.
Diana C.
South Carolina
Maybelline Dream Liquid® Mousse Foundation
I mixed my Maybelline foundation and NYX Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam to get a beautiful mix. I use this in my makeup routine to make it appear that I have a glow from within. I love the way these formulas blend to well together and stay all day with a little powder and setting spray.
Halee W.
Does this actually look good/work?
Olivia B.
I want to go buy this but I'm worried that it won't do what I want, I'm really into a strong highlight right now but I have super pale skin, will this work?
Nancy G.
Bakersfield , CA
How well does this blend ? Does a little go a long way? Does it illuminate a lot ?
Snighdha C.
Long Is City, NY
Is it long lasting? I've tried liquid illuminators and they would go away very quick.
Kariana F.
Inverness
My current highlighter is running out, any suggestions on an affordable liquid or powder highlight that has good pigmentation? Currently using NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator