BY NYX #20 in Face Primer

Buy now on Dermstore
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

This super silky, light and fresh formula creates a comfortable cushion on your skin to enhance makeup application. The incredible formula creates a smooth uniform canvas that minimizes shine and makes application flawless. Your skin will feel like it has been touched by an angel.

Ingredients

For most recent ingredient list, please refer to packaging.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane , Polysilicone-1, Cyclohexasiloxane,Glyceryl Stearate, Nylon-12, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Laureth-12, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

• What’s the best drugstore primer?8 Answers
  • I heard this leaves a white sheen after you apply it, doe...4 Answers
  • Is this good for combination skin?1 Answers
NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer
  • "typically i use the porefessional but i've been looking for something different that moisturizes and preps. this moisturizes well, goes on smoothly, and isn't greasy. it hid my pores well and held my make up well too. i don't know if i'll fully switch, but i like it!" in 594 reviews
  • "definitely a dupe for the smashbox clear primer - definitely better for more oily skin types as the silicone- like layer helps “smooth” everything out and help to distribute even texture. if you are more a normal dry skin type then i would go with something more hydrating with a different consistency!" in 80 reviews
Shayla M.
Manitou Beach, MI
The texture is not as slippery as some primers and it leaves the skin feeling like velvet. It’s very comfortable to wear because there is no greasy or heavy feeling to it. It spreads over the skin and blends in as easily as a moisturizer. I only need a thin layer to keep shine away and a slightly thicker layer where I want to blur pores. What it doesn’t blur are the blackheads on my nose and it doesn’t tone down redness or discoloration. If you have oily skin, the oil is probably still going to come through but for me it came through at a slower rate. Instead of looking like a grease ball by noon, my forehead was somewhat dewy in a way that looked healthy, not gross. I still had to blot around mid-afternoon but I appreciate any oil control I can get.

The one thing that I didn’t like so much about this product was that it didn’t work with with all foundations. The one it worked best with was NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation – it blended out easily, looked smoother, and made it last significantly longer on me. The one it was worst with was Lorac POREfection Foundation – it made blending pretty hard, caused the foundation to pool in pores, and made the peach fuzz on my face really obvious.
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
Overall, I wasn't that impressed with this primer. First, I think it's super overpriced, especially for a NYX product. This primer comes out white, and looks like it would be moisturizing and creamy, but once blended out it feels like a silicone primer, it has that slip to it. This does allow it to create a nice smooth canvas for your foundation, but that's about it.

Sometimes I'm a little heavy handed with primers, and I have found that if you use too much it will create a white cast on your face. This does go away when foundation is applied, but it's not ideal. This primer sits on top of your skin, so it makes the foundation sit on top of your skin as well. My foundation tends to feel heavier when I use this primer. Freshly applied foundation looks great for about 3 hours, then I start to look super greasy and it feels heavy. It doesn't claim to help your makeup be long-lasting or mattifying; it actually claims to leave a satin finish which it does!

If you have normal or combo skin the  NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer may work for you. If you have oily skin I'd stay away from it!
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
I'm always looking for a solid drugstore primer, and when I saw the price of the Angel Veil primer from NYX, I thought, "Surely, this is something special for that price..."

This is an OKAY primer. It's what you'd expect from a pore-filling primer - glides onto the skin beautifully and feels like silk. It's a white primer, and I had trouble with little white patches on my face after blending this in, but I may have been using too much. Foundation goes on smoothly atop this primer, but I don't notice enough of a difference in makeup application to be worth the hefty price tag. I also didn't notice any increase in the longevity of my makeup.

While this did make my foundation glide on smoothly, I don't think that is enough to justify the price of this particular primer. There are other options at the drugstore that perform better in my opinion, and that come at a cheaper price. This product is a pass for me!
Tarah L.
Best drugstore primer I own!

This primer is a great dupe for the Benefit Cosmetics "Pore fessional." In fact, I actually like the formulation of this NYX primer more than the Benefit one. And my wallet loves it too! :)

FEEL and LOOK: The product comes out white and is in between a silicone and hydrating primer formula. It's not one or the other, but more of a combination. It is oil free which I love and really mattifies my skin like no other primer I own (high-end or drugstore). My only con may be that if you apply TOO much, it can leave a white cast on your skin. But honestly, that's if you apply a lot and I haven't had a major problem with this. The pros definitely exceed the minor con.

10/10 would recommend.
Jennifer S.
My favorite YouTube uses this because she said it’s great for oily skin, so I wanted to try it. Well I did and I’m not impressed either. It does well on concealing and making your skin look smooth. It does make your skin look ashy, and moisturized. Maybe it’s my foundation I’m using, I’ll try this again and use a different foundation and see how it works. The price wasn’t that bad, but if it still doesn’t work after trying it with another foundation. I’m not going to repurchase
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
This will make your skin so unbelievably soft and flawless no matter if you have dry or oily skin. This does seem to be a more mattifying primer but I have really dry skin and it's beautiful on my skin all year round. This primer not only gives you a beautiful flawless look but it will keep your makeup in place all day long. Just be careful not to apply to much of this because it's easier than you'd think. I can't think of a single bad thing about this primer because it's that good. I'm on my 5th tube and I have 1 opened and 7 in my backup drawer it's so good.
Alejandro S.
Huron, CA
I just recently in the past few months started to use primer. I dabbled with a lot of different brands and nothing really made me say, "Wow this primer is amazing" like this Angel Veil from NYX. It's really lightweight and mattes my oily skin yet does not leave my makeup feeling cakey. It does come one white but it's blendable.

You really don't need much of this (the first time I used it, I used a little too much where my face was white but I was able to blend it in and it was clear on my face. No longer had white tint)

Putting it on is such a nice velvety and silky feel. Since I use a small amount to cover my face unlike when I first put it on when I tried on the product, it doesn't leave a white cast like other's complained about nor it did flake off (maybe those people are not using moisturizer beforehand or using too much?)
Shona D.
Blackshear
I don't know what it is about this primer. My skin just did not like it. I have combination oily skin. The texture of this primer is great. Goes on smooth and it stays put. But once it dried down it made my skin feel so tight. And not in a good way. My main focus was my t-zone area. It did make my makeup last longer but I could not get over how it made my skin feel. I purchased this primer because I read reviews about how this was a dupe for the Hourglass primer. But I'm sad to say it isnt. Hourglass never behaved on my skin like the NYX did. This may work for you but it just didn't work for me.
Jordan N.
Owatonna, MN
I really like this primer! I have combo/oily skin. I was using the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer but decided not to repurchase because it's too pricy. I heard the NYX Angel Veil primer is a dupe and a fraction of the price.

Pros:
Cheap compared to high-end make-up primers. You can find it on sale somtimes.
Lightweight
Matte but velvety
Blendable
Keeps make-up in place.

Cons:
I wish it came in a pump bottle
Expensive compared to drugstore primers.

I'm almost out of my first bottle and just repurchased more at Ulta on sale for about 11$/bottle. I would recommend this!
Britney B.
Alexandria, VA
This primer is great and leaves your skin with a fine, matte finish. My skin is very oily and this primer really helps control my oil. It is very long lasting and is somewhat affordable. Although, I would expect a little more product. NYX Angel Veil - Skin Perfecting Primer
Manda D.
Ocean Grove, NJ
How well does this product work ? Is it good for oily/sensitive skin ?
What’s the best drugstore primer?
Johnna R.
Is this great for dry/combo skin
Lisa B.
Palos Park, IL
What stores sell this product?
Trina C.
Is this a dupe for the too faced hangover RX Primer?

back