BY NYLABONE #97 in Dog Toys

Nylabone DuraChew (R) Bacon Dog Chews These chews have also been known as Pooch Pacifiers, this safe long-lasting chew product contains real meaty juices so the taste lasts throughout the life of the bone. Made from pure virgin nylon these are designed to satisfy the chewing instinct of aggressive chewing dogs. Features: Made in the USA Designed for powerful chewers Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque & tartar build-up Item Specifications: Size: Petite 3 1/4" Long Regular: 4 1/2" Long Wolf: 5 1/2" Long Giant: 7 3/4" Long Souper:7 3/4" Long (wider design) Flavor: Bacon Please note: All bones are smooth texture, except Souper, which has raised bumps and ridges. see more...

• Does the bone fall apart and leave pieces everywhere? Also is it ...2 Answers
  • How durable is this bone? My dog has a habit of destroying most o...1 Answers
  • Do these bones leave crumbs or pieces behind after the dog is don...6 Answers
Maddi M.
Lawrence, KS
These are pretty good if you are looking for a cheaper, longer lasting alternative to bones, antlers, Hymalian chews, Tibetan chews, etc. but that fall apart, leaving small bits of plastic around the house. We originally purchased this product because my roommate didn't want our golden retriever puppy to chew on bones and other animal products but these didn't work as well for us as those other animal products.
Tina M.
Polson , MT
Pet Lover Expert
I'm of mixed opinions about this one. My Italian greyhounds will chew it with little effect and they only chew it when teething or when they are in athe right mood.

My Pharos hound loved this bone! Seriously loved it but she is a much bigger dog with stronger jaw and teeth. She would chew it to pieces that where pea sized and swallow some. Obviously swallowing bits of nylon are bad for her then we had to take it away.
Keli M.
Mobile, AL
Pet Lover Expert
I purchased these bones for when my dogs were puppies to help them with their teething. Unfortunately the material these bones are made off do not withstand constant chewing. These bones after a day of chewing begin to fall apart and the plastic particles which can be very dangerous for dogs get scattered all over the floor. These bones are not for the use of medium to large puppies or dog breeds that have sharp teeth.
cammie g.
My super-chewer Bulldog had one of these for almost a year. He would slowly chew the nubs off. The only downside is how the plastic comes off these as the dog chews it. It comes off in little balls that are easy to swallow and since the material smells good the dogs are inclined to eat it. Other than that, this is a good toy that lasts a while.
Maddie F.
Hiram, GA
My lab has been working on 3 of these for several months. She's a working dog and as working dogs are likely to be, she is a power chewer! These have certainly lasted much longer than most of her toys, though I did recently have to toss one (after several months) as it became too small for her to chew safely. That being said, they would work better for a small to medium sized dog and would likely be much more durable.
Ashley O.
Raleigh, NC
A hint of bacon and long lasting power is exactly what this provides! It takes a lot of tough chewing to finally wear downone of these bones. I love how they're safe and fun for pets. It's not our dogs favorite item, but it's one that will last us for a long time!
Danielle W.
Portsmouth, OH
This may not look like a fun toy but you won't regret buying it. This is a great resource for teaching your puppy or dog not to bite. This bone is perfect for redirecting that chewing/biting and teaches good habits! Worked like a charm for me!
Megan H.
Northfield, NH
Got this for my puppy because she's a german shepherd and if you know a little bit or two about gsd dogs then you know they LOVE to nip and chew. She loves this! Once the flavor subsides she tends to leave it be but if her teeth really hurt i throw it into the freezer and it's perfect.
Dani S.
Clear Lake, WI
Nylabone is a brand that I truly trust. These particular bones keep our two dogs busy for a long time. I'm thrilled at the long life span of these bones and that they keep our dogs from chewing on the wrong things. Great bone and happy to give them to my dogs.
Amanda V.
My dachshunds have ADD...so all toys are short lived...they are great toys for fetch and release. They will play with them for a few minutes at a time and then they are done. But we keep them around because you can never have too many toys for my babies!
Lisa A.
Hutchinson, MN
Do these bones leave crumbs or pieces behind after the dog is done chewing?
Mellissa W.
Atascadero, CA
Does the bone fall apart and leave pieces everywhere? Also is it good for puppies to help soften their teeth?
Jacki C.
Mims, FL
Pet Lover Expert
How durable is this bone? My dog has a habit of destroying most of her toys.