BY NYLABONE #28 in Dog Toys

These durable chews feature a soft minty fresh center and durable ends for powerful chewers. Dental nubs help control tartar. Veterinarian recommended Nylabone Double Action Chew is specifically designed so dogs can have the benefit of a toy that is both soft for carrying, yet durable for chewing. Small bristle-like projections help keep teeth clean and massage gums during chewing. A soft, easy to carry minty fresh center keeps breath fresh and durable ends satisfy even the most relentless chewers. Ingredients: Nylon, natural rubber, peppermint natural flavor. Sizing Recommendations The following sizing recommendations are only guidelines. Many little dogs are powerful chewers and may need a larger size. If your dog is in between sizes, Nylabone recommends choosing the larger size. Regular is recommended for dogs up to 25 lbs. Wolf is recommended for dogs up to35 lbs. Souper is recommended for dogs over 50 lbs. Chews Wisely SM Chew products can be used safely and are an important component of a pet's dental care. Chew products also satisfy a dog's natural inclination for gnawing and chewing. When selecting a chew product for your pet, know your pet's chewing habits and make sure the product is the appropriate size and made of an appropriate material or ingredient. For example, a large dog that has a tendency to chew and swallow large pieces should only be offered a large bone with medium to hard density that is digestible. Likewise, a small dog or puppy should also be offered size appropriate chews that are of a softer material. Pet owners should always observe their pets when offered a new chew for the first time. If the pet is able to chew off and swallow large pieces, that chew is not appropriate for that pet. Pet owners should monitor what and how their pets chew-regardless of the type or brand of chew or toy. It is possible for a pet tochoke on anything that is swallow see more...

• Looking for a dog toy that my pitbull and pitbull/lab mix can't d...5 Answers
  • My dog is a Rottweiler, so he is fairly large compared to other d...1 Answers
  • Does anyone know a way to clean these toys? 1 Answers
Buy on PetSmart
  • "It keeps her busy and out of trouble and helps keep her teeth healthy." in 1 review
  • "My dog loved the white part." in 1 review
Margaret G.
My dog loves this bone but unfortunately I noticed blood from my dog on the bone after he chewed on it for about 30 mins. He is a very aggressive chewer -but- he has had similar bones that did not become sharp and cut him when worn down, so I will not be purchasing this again. It was great while it lasted, sadly it did not last long. It's probably a great option for smaller dogs but for bigger dogs I'm concerned about the safety of this bone.
cristina b.
Valier, PA
Was not happy with this product my pitbull had it chewed to a mangled piece of plastic in no time that had extremely sharp edges the green rubber in the middle....forget it lol. It also breaks apart my girl started coughing because she would scrape small pieces of plastic off while chewing. I trashed this thing maybe for a different breed this would work but it was aweful for us.
Megan T.
I bought this for my dog because he seems to destroy every other toy he's ever had (ropes, stuffed squeaker animals, squeaky balls, etc;). It said it was bacon and mint flavored, however it doesn't smell like it. Because of that, my dog doesn't seem to want to chew on it all the time. He does occasionally, but I don't think it's the most appealing "bone" to him.
Kayla H.
Greenville, SC
My dog loves this bone! She also had one which i could or find on here that also helped reward her. The ends would screw off and you could place a disc for the dog to chew off. By adding the treats instead of chewing my things she would chew her bone and work for the treat. The brand has great products and it's perfect for helping train a puppy!
Jess M.
Sayre, PA
This toy lasted my German Shepard roughly 6 months. She's a heavy chewer and it distracted her from chewing my things. The problem I have is that she has chewed through the green core cover and chewed the ends into sharp spikes. Think of stepping on a Lego and you'll get the picture. This toy is more of a temporary solution for chewing!
Joy G.
Fayetteville, AR
When I went to the store and bought this item, the packaging said it was for extra large dogs... My medium sized dog was able to chew threw the bone to where it was in 2 separate pieces. Small pieces of plastic kept coming off, creating a choking hazard for her.. Not pleased with this item. I would rather have given her an actual bone.
Erin R.
Gainesville, FL
My dog is a super heavy chewer. I've gone through just about every "heavy duty" chew toy on the market, trying to find something to satiate her need to chew while standing up to her jaws. This toy, and other Nylabone products, have been a lifesaver. They last for days or even weeks as opposed to minutes. And my dog loves the flavors!
Samantha W.
This bone is so strong. It's held up through two 80 pound dogs taking turns chewing it non stop. I don't tend to like bones like this because my dogs have destroyed everything and I have to worry about what if they break off a piece and Ingest it. But not with this bone, it's been a huge life saver and a great toy for my pups.
Lindsey E.
Carlsbad, CA
This is one of the best toys ever. I got this years ago when my dog was a puppy and it is still in good shape and she still loves it. I cannot believe how great this toy is for the value. I would highly recommend this for people with heavy chewers. This would be a toy I would get for any new dog owner.
Carl T.
Glade Hill, Va
This is a great toy for chewers. My dog has had this toy for over a year and it still looks the same as it did when I brought it home. It is VERY sturdy. My dog is a strong chewer and it is hard to find toys that she doesn't destroy in short periods of time but this one passes the test.
Jaime G.
Gilmanton, NH
Pet Lover Expert
Are these ideal for heavy chewers?
Steph K.
Lebanon , PA
Pet Lover Expert
Has the middle piece ever gotten lose on anyone?
Brittney M.
Taylors, SC
Pet Lover Expert
I have been looking for a strong dog toy for my Great Dane something that can't break easy because she seems to destroy every toy I get her. How strong is this toy?
Sierra D.
Fall Creek, WI
Does it help with bad doggy breath?
Sue Anna G.
Looking for a dog toy that my pitbull and pitbull/lab mix can't destroy. What are the best nondestructive dog chew toys? Nylabone Corp bones Nylabone Corp - bones - Dura Chew Double Action- Mint Souper - NTG105Kong Ultra King Kong Dog ToyTuffy's Dog Toys Ultimate Tug-O-War