2 colors available

BY NYC NEW YORK COLOR #26 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

N.y.c. New york color smooth skin loose face powder sets your makeup without looking powdery or dry. Your result: a perfect makeup application every time! Controls shine with its naturally oil-absorbing ingredients without clogging pores. The delicate sheer powder will seal your makeup application with a velvety texture.

• Estaré polvo suelto vendrá en translúcido?2 Answers
  • Is this product good? Everyone on youtube seems to love it.7 Answers
  • does this powder keep oily skin matte all day? does it clog pores o...2 Answers
Buy on Kmart*
  • "It does the job, probably isn't the best for your skin (cheap products=a disaster [to me]) So far this hasn't broken me out, it has a great matte finish and lasts most of the day." in 2 reviews
  • "I highly, highly recommend this loose powder." in 1 review
  • "It isn't too good with coverage for oily skin but for the price is an ok deal" in 1 review
  • "This is seriously one of the best powders I have ever used!!!" in 1 review
  • "Nyc is one of my favorite drug store brands." in 1 review
Alex R.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
Review for: Translucent
I'm rating this product so low because I have medium-dark skin and this product cakes on white, & unless I use about 1/2 of a dime sized amount this does not look right on me at all.
I have extremely oily-acne prone skin, so a dime sized amount is not enough.

Touching this up during the day is awful too because it washes me out more and more as I reapply, but if I don't reapply, I look so greasy. Compared to other drug store alternatives it's not good for different skin tones or for people with very oily skin.
This Nyc product is basically a heavy white powder instead of translucent.
Pro: the price.
Con: If you're not pale this will indeed wash you out, It's messy, and it's only good for normal-dry skin.
I recommend this to people who have a lighter skin tone. Otherwise, don't bother. It's not for you.
Devin M.
Devin M.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I couldn't bring myself to splurge $38 on the Laura Mercier setting powder. I came across this powder as I was shopping for a cheap alternative, and I am so glad I did! For $3, this translucent powder works wonders. The trick to using it on darker skintones is to gently dust it on the skin and stipple it on with the top of your powder blush in small sections. It works for me and most importantly, doesn't leave me looking ghostly. I only gave it 4 stars because I do have to reapply throughout the day, and If I am not home, I end up having to use MAC's Prep + Prime Pressed Transparent Finishing Powder, as it is portable. A little goes a long way with the NYC Smooth Skin powder, and I will definitely keep purchasing it when I run out!
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
For how much you're paying, you really can't complain about this product. NYC gives a LOT of product and you can pick this up at Target for only a few bucks.

It's a great alternative for baking, especially since baking requires so much powder at one time and other brands like Laura Mercier are much more expensive. Like others have mentioned, there can be some flashback but that's common with drugstore translucent powders. One thing I hate is the packaging as the cap is just a slide on/off and the packaging is soooo bulky. It literally has a spot of its own on my vanity because it will not fit into any of my make up organizers and takes up too much room. Besides that, it's a great cheap alternative to higher end translucent powders.
Rikki G.
Rikki G.
Knightdale, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh my goodness this is my HG setting powder! A few months ago there was a rumor that NYC was going out of business so I bought all of the loose face powders that I could find, and I don't regret it!

This powder is finely milled and blends nicely. I use it to both set my foundation/concealer and to bake my undereye area. I think this powder is suitable for more combination/dry skin than oily skin. While it absorbs oil and lasts, I do get breakout oil after about 4-5 hours. This powder doesn't cling to dry patches in my experience, which is great.

I highly recommend this very affordable powder to anyone who is interested in loose setting powders but doesn't want to shell out for a more high end brand.
Ariadna A.
Ariadna A.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: I714A Naturally Beige
Was really surprised how well this worked for my oily skin. I've been looking for a more affordable alternative to the Bare Minerals powder that I use and I may have found it. It doesn't offer the same level of coverage as BM but it does the job. However, it does seem to come off a little easier than BM, especially for oily skin. The biggest con for me is the packaging. I hate it! Although I like that you get a lot for so cheap, I hate the sifter which doesn't really do anything in keeping the product in. I was not happy when I found most of the product out of the container after a long plane ride. But still, I would buy again just because of the price.
Tony C.
Tony C.
Skin Type: Oily/Acne Prone

Very affordable! It was only $3 at Target.

For baking, it does a good job at keeping my concealer in place. I just wouldn't bake with this powder every day because I find it a bit drying, even on my oily face.

It's decent as a setting powder, but nothing special.

The packaging is not really my favorite. I'd rather carry a pressed powder around than a loose one, so this isn't really ideal for touch ups or traveling. It's also really messy to use so be careful!

Overall, I think this is a great drugstore loose powder.
Rachael M.
Rachael M.
One day I was looking for a face powder that would get rid of my oil on my face. I love that this covers fairly well on my skin. It makes my skin soft and smooth and is great over make up or even by itself. It makes my skin less shinny and more of a dewy matte finish to it. I enjoy using this in my daily regime and it's not very costly which is great for a powder. This is my go to powder all day every day because of its all day staying power . Plus it comes in translucent or regular facial colors. Great product . For less than $5
Maira G.
Maira G.
Lake Worth, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love how smooth this powder is, my only problem is that after I remove it from baking it does leave me a white cast. When I try powders I always take a picture with flash to see if they don't give a flashback, well with this powder it does.

Me encanta como se siente este polvo bien finito, mi unico problema es que despues de quitarmelo me deja como blanco y eso que es traslucido. Cuando uso polvos por primera vez, me gusta tomarme una foto con flash para ver si no me sale la cara de fantasma, y con este polvo si.
Skye B.
Skye B.
If you've heard all the hype about Laura Mercier setting powder but couldn't get yourself to spend quite that much, this is an AMAZING dupe for it... And it's only $3! You seriously can't find something better in the drugstore. Plus there is so much that the powder will probably last you 10 years, and almost as long on your face. It does tend to make you look a little bit pale but I only use it for setting my concealer so it's perfect, just not meant to be used as a foundation! Definitely recommend to everyone.
Morgan P.
Morgan P.
Appleton, WI
I love this face powder as an affordable alternative for the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder. It gives no whitecast or flashback, is easy to blend away, and great for baking! The only problem I have with this is that it is messy, (which is the case for most loose powders) and it can tend to look slightly thick on the skin if applied too heavily. However, after setting with a setting spray or simply waiting for your natural oils to come through, this product looks really gorgeous on the skin!
Kassandra F.
Kassandra F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this have flashback or white cast? In the color translucent?!
Emma G.
Emma G.
Flat Rock, MI
Is this product good? Everyone on youtube seems to love it.
Megan R.
Megan R.
Cincinnati
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was using the NYC translucent powder but it looks like they're no longer selling makeup. Does anyone know of a good drug store loose translucent powder? I want the Laura marcier powder but I can't afford that. NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Kelley B.
Kelley B.
Hialeah, FL
I like to use powder to set my concealer. Is this a good setting powder?
Taylor H.
Taylor H.
El Dorado Hls, CA
What's the best tool to use to apply this?