NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation

• How is this foundation? I'm always looking to try to new ...2 Answers
  • I have been wanting to try out this foundation . I've hea...1 Answers
NYC  Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation
NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation
  • "Now, once you get the product out, it has great coverage and feels very light on your skin (It doesn't feel cakey) but I found it made my face break out pretty bad once I started using it." in 15 reviews
  • "I loved this foundation at first & gave me good coverage but then I started to realized that started to make my face look pink." in 13 reviews
  • "At first, I was really skeptical about this foundation because it is very thick - to the point where it doesn't come out of the bottle, you have to take a q-tip, end of your brush, or a small makeup spatula to get it out." in 12 reviews
  • "surprisingly good product, but it leaves my face a little orange even though i believe i have it in the lightest shade. " in 11 reviews
  • "It provides light to medium coverage, didn't feel to thick or cakey, worked perfect on my dry skin, the only reason I stopped buying it was because the packaging is horrible, its such a pain to get out of the glass tube once you use about half the bottle, you have to begin scooping product out, because this is not really a liquid foundation its more of a cream, but overall it was a good product just bad packaging." in 10 reviews
Ada H.
Brooklyn, NY
I've been using this product for YEARS and I'm so sad they discontinued it (or at least, stopped restocking in my area). They changed their formula over the years so honestly sometimes it was a hit or a miss depending on which I ended up with. The original formula in classic beige was a PERFECT match for my skin and provided really pretty medium coverage (my skin looked even and looked like skin, but still allowed freckles to peek out) when applied with a sponge. The second formulation was horrible, oxidized like crazy. I purchased in the same color and it made me orange. Wish I had a couple extra bottles of the original :(
Nikki Y.
I have found that some products from NYC are kind of hit or miss. This one is a hit in my book but it does oxidize a little once it sets. The price couldn't get any better if you wanted it too. I have been buying this foundation for years and will continue to do so.
member-d20c9
Light and airy. It doesn’t cause any breakouts or issues with my sensitive skin. I have combination skin and it works well. It’s very easy to apply, and blend. I will definitely continue to purchase this product.
Becca H.
Duncanville, AL
I'm not a fan of this foundation! The bottle says smooth skin and blendable but it seems far from it for me. It feels funny while being applied, just kind of smears and "dries" super fast before I can get it blended. I always apply with a brush with no issues but this foundation which leaves brush strokes. While it dries quick, it doesn't soak in well and just sits on the skin with a wet feeling. It's not heavy, just not smooth.
Chloe S.
Harlingen
One of my favorite foundations. It has very good coverage and is very dewy. It looks like real skin. They no longer sell it where i live though so it’s kind of upsetting
Holly R.
cudahy,CA
I bought this product while in California since I ran out of my normal foundation and had a funeral to attend next day. I loved it at first but after using it for a bit I did notice it would give off an orangish tint which I completely freaked over when on the way to a car show. I also would have to apply with my brush and smear it to cover my face let it sit and then go back over again because it's so liquid creamy. It would still be a bit blotchy if I didn't use my beauty blender and spot cover also. It's good for every day being as it's cheaper to buy but for occasions I need good quality I'll stick to NARS or Kat.
Taylor L.
Santa Cruz, CA
I used to get this foundation all the time. It was easy to access and not very expensive. I always had trouble getting it ut of the bottle though. it covered fairly well for being the first foundation I used but then it stated making my acne worse. I would not purchase it again.
Mercedes A.
Aberdeen, MD
Okay so not going to lie NYC is not my go to brand for foundation or anything that is made to coverup.because it's such a cheap company they don't have a foundation that fits my skin tone because I'm so pale also I know women who are brown and they have like not even a sense of a range of shades for anybody except for people who aren't super pale and aren't super dark
Melody C.
Redding, CA
I have used this foundation off and on since middle school as ive gotten older ive developed a love hate relationship
I dont like that it tends to oxidize after only about an hour its quite disappointing due to the fact i end up an orange baige color.
Garyondris R.
It seems everyone is looking for a way to cut costs right now. Unwilling to cut my beauty budget totally, I've been checking out more and more drugstore brands of makeup. Luckily, I've already found a fantastic liquid foundation I love that is under $3 a bottle...N.Y.C. New York Color Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup.

I remember the first time I saw this foundation at Wal-Mart. Packaged on a cardboard card, I thought there was no way I was going to fall in love with this foundation because it's so inexpensive, but took the risk. Boy, did it pay off.

Having combination skin, I must be extremely careful of the foundations I use as my skin has a tendency to break out easily. N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup is non-comedegenic, oil-free, and fragrance-free.

The bottle is made of very thick glass, making this foundation bottle fairly heavy in comparison to other brands. Through the clear glass, you can see the shade. Although my skin is fair, the lightest shade I could find was "True Beige", which luckily works out for me.

To apply, I place some product on a dampened makeup sponge, and apply over my face in an outward motion. This foundation is very creamy, and doesn't streak at all. The blendability is outstanding, and gives you a few minutes to work with it before it "sets". In addition, I use this as a concealer. Most concealers I've tried contain oil and have a tendency to cake up on me. To use this as a concealer, I just place a dot of product on the end of a cotton swab, and conceal whatever it is I'm looking to hide. Once it's blended, the imperfection is gone.

If I've used this as a concealer in addition to a foundation, I'll definitely set this with powder to make sure it stays where I want it. I have experienced a bit of transfer if I don't use powder all over my face, but it isn't nearly as bad as other foundations I've used.

Once application is complete, I'm left with very smooth-looking skin that has a slightly "dewy" appearance. If you're looking for a matte finish, you'll need to use powder with this foundation. I can wear this makeup all day and not experience fading or caking. In addition, N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup does not make my skin break out!

Despite being touted as a foundation that will absorb oils, I will say that my t-zone does start to look oily after a couple of hours, so this does require touch-ups on my skin. Otherwise, I get all-day wear from this foundation. The color remains true, and the product will stay on well. Note: I try diligently not to touch my face if I'm wearing makeup!

When it comes time to remove the product, I use my normal skin cleanser and this foundation comes right off with no problem.

I do have one issue with this foundation...I sometimes have a difficult time locating it in stores. It seems as if every time I need a new bottle, the store is out of my shade. Because of the problems I've had with availability, I suggest that you buy more than one bottle at a time if you try this and like it.

N.Y.C. New York Color Liquid Makeup will save you money, and you'll look great. What's not to love??
Evelyn D.
Largo, FL
What are your thoughts on this?
Karen W.
Memphis, TN
So do you think this is the best foundation to get?
Nancy M.
Los Angeles, CA
How is the coverage on this? I have yet to see it in stores (target), where can I find it?
Ashley T.
Battle Creek, MI
Is this a good foundation is you have oily skin?
shakira m.
Sun Prairie, WI
What do you think of this product? How was the coverage for you?

NYC  Smooth Skin Liquid Foundation