Add a Photo

By NYC New York Color

#77 in Lip Gloss

Have you heard the gossip? There’s a new gloss in town! NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine is getting headlines with seriously high-drama color at a seriously low price. Pure pigments give a 3-D effect that’s off-the-charts glossy. Tons of hot new shades, from preppy nudes to bold statement hues – all for less than your weekly fashion magazine.

Photos (271)
Amy X.
Amy X.

I love these! I wish I'd had these in high school, instead of my unfortunate NYC lipsticks (the old, ultra-pigmented and drying formula). They have good pigmentation, great for the $2 price tag, but are still sheer enough to be wearable and youthful (dewy, I want to say). That said, at the same price as the Expert Last lipsticks and double the price of the 99 cent lipsticks, they are not a necessity. Sticky, which I like until my hair gets caught in there. Love the colors and shine, but again, sticky. One of these on top of a too-bright lipstick makes the perfect lip, though. I like these, I just love the NYC lipsticks more. I will say, skip the lighter colors, they are a little TOO light and frosty (ie, too much shimmer and light pigmentation = unnaturally light lips).
Kylee G.
Kylee G.

This is an amazing lip product! If you want something long lasting but don't want the thickness of a liquid lipstick, this is your product! The color selection is pretty good. These are glosses but the are not sheer. You get amazing color payoff from these and they smell really good as well. they are a little tacky at first but then the tackiness goes bye bye! they last about 3-5 hours on my lips and I talk alot! These are very food for throwing into your purse and on the go application. The applicator is a flat doupher applicator. easy to apply comfortable on the lips the price is AMAZING! i would highly recommend these.
Hannah E.
Hannah E.
Charleston, WV

I think this is one of the best lip glosses you can get for this price range (only a few bucks). The colors are very flattering and there's something for every skin tone. I really like the Rivington Rose shade, beautiful rosy pink that livens up the face. Honey on the Hudson is a nice peachy brown color. Nude York City is a creamy sheer nude. I have several colors bit those 3 are my favorite ones. Also, these smell amazing, like vanilla cupcakes with a hint of coconut. Mmmm! Great colors, smells great, super cheap, smooth and not sticky, they're awesome.
Erica K.
Erica K.
Scranton, PA

I love NYC Cosmetics for their affordable price point and the quality of their products. However these lip glosses had one major flaw for me. While I am in love with the color selection, doe foot applicator, packaging, and even the smell of this product, I am not in love at all with the formula. These lip glosses are extremely sticky and are extremely difficult to remove, as the product stick to everything. If NYC were to change the formula of this product I would definitely give this line another shot, and hopefully a more positive review.
Sridevi L.
Sridevi L.
Long Beach, Ca

Pretty good lip gloss for only being a dollar. I'm on the tan side so Nude York City ended up just looking basically like a clear gloss on me but Mulberry is wow. Very nicely pigmented berry color. It IS a stickier gloss (but this just makes it end up lasting longer throughout the day) so only wear it when your hair won't be blowing in your face or you don't plan on kissing for many hours haha. The applicator is one of those very soft flexible paddles - NOT a doefoot. So keep that in mind if you have a preference.
Chelesea C.
Chelesea C.
Inkster, MI

I love these glosses, I found them first at dollar tree and when I went home and tried the nude shade, I fell in love. The product itself doesn't cost much money and it's amazing quality. The packaging is sleek, the naming of the shades is creative, and the applicator is a doe foot applicator. The actually gloss is pigmented but not overly pigmented. It's creamy, slightly tacky but not annoyingly tacky. The scent is a sweet vanilla which I love. It adds a nice shine and pigment to your lips.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I love these lip glosses! These come in a good range of shades and are very pigmented. They last longer than normal glosses and aren't too sticky either. They're inexpensive (less than two bucks! But I can get them even cheaper when I find them on sale) but they don't feel like they're cheap. The pink shades and some of the darker colors are especially nice. There are a lot of cheap glosses out there from different brands (some good, some not) but I would say this is one of the best.
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
Nashville, TN

Coming from a person who loves her daily cat eye look, this eyeliner is amazing for its price. It's typically around $2.50 and lasts all day once applied. The brush is small enough to obtain a precise, smooth line. The only drawback to the product is the length of the brush, it takes away from how steady your hand is. Overall I love this product. I use it in my everyday makeup routine and find it more practical to buy than your more high end brand of eye liners.
Chloe S.
Chloe S.
Foristell, MO

This is my favorite lip gloss. I feel like I wear it everyday, I have the shade in honey do and really want more. I always wear it over a lipstick but you probably wouldn't have to. I like the packaging but it is nothing fancy. The smell is a sweet vanilla that I really like. I would definitely buy again and recommend to others, my absolute favorite product and it isn't sticky to me when I apply it to my lips.
Jacquelyn M.
Jacquelyn M.
Honolulu, HI

NYC lip glosses are a great product. Nice formula- not sticky, yet doesn't disappear right away. Amazing price- no more than $2 & I've seen it as low as $.97. Color range is also great- you have anything from a peachy nude to a deep burgundy so you're sure to find a good match for your lipsticks. I've paired it with drugstore lipsticks to high end & it's played well with both. Love these lip glosses.
Vilma Judith C.
Vilma Judith C.
Doral, FL

Do you find this gloss sticky?
Blanca O.
Blanca O.

How long does the gloss last while wearing?
nicole w.
nicole w.
Florence, AL

Would you recommend this to someone who has never worn lip gloss?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Fairfield, CA

Do you guys like the color selection? which one is your favorite?
Erica W.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY

Do you wear this lip gloss by itself of over another lip product?

Join Now