N.Y.C. New York Color Eye Liner Pencil
Top Questions See all 12 Q&A
- "N.Y.C. New York is my goto jet black liner pencil! N.Y.C. never let's you down! " in 78 reviews
- "It is very affordable and does not need to be sharpened for every use unless you like to line your eyes with a pencil liner." in 2 reviews
- "It has such a rich black color and it is one of the best eyeliners out there for the price." in 1 review
- "You have to sharpen it every single time to get it sharp." in 1 review
- "Totally love this eye liner it's cheap but sometimes when I sharpen it always have an empty on the bottom. " in 1 review
The applicator is long, but sturdy and pretty thin and tapered. Makes for easy application, especially if doing any wings at the end. It goes on smoothly. Occasionally I'll need to go over a couple spots that don't look as good, but this is nothing I haven't had to do with every other eyeliner I've used, as well. It stays on for a long time without smudging or fading, BUT: it is not waterproof. The waterproof drugstore brands I've used are flaky, while the waterproof Sephora ones are a little out of my preferred price range. So this aspect doesn't matter much to me. But it's good to know.
I picked this up on a whim from CVS because of its price, but I think I'll continue buying it from now on. A really great, cheap, liquid eyeliner.
I started hearing good things about the brand when I started browsing makeup groups on Reddit and Facebook earlier this year and I figured it couldn't hurt to check them out again and bought the eyeliner pencil in taupe and a couple of lipstick shades.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality, especially .considering the price point doesn't seem like it's changed at all since 10 years ago. Right now I only have the taupe pencil that I use on my waterline. I absolutely love it, and I'll definitely be trying out more colors and other NYC products in the very near future.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos