BY NYC NEW YORK COLOR

• Which do you prefer: NYC Glossy Lip Balm or Baby Lips tin...12 Answers
  • Is this product pasty or heavy on your lips? Or soft and ...4 Answers
  • HOw dark it the tint of the product?6 Answers
NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm
  • "I love this stuff, its really rejuvinating especially for dry lips, i like the slight tint it has, i have trouble picking out lipsticks so this is perfect not to light but not to dark not to mention it smells quite pleasant :)" in 73 reviews
Sandra E.
Rocklin, CA
I love the sheer color it gives off and the retail price is right, however, with so many other sheer lip balm options out there, this one just misses the mark for me. My biggest issue is the awful smell/taste. I read other reviews and maybe I just got a defective one but I anticipated it would taste and smell like apples but it has a waxy almost chemical smell/taste without a hint of any kind of fruity pleasant smell...ashame because it really ruins the product for me. The packaging could be better but for something that retails for a few dollars, no biggie. It did feel a little greasy going on and I don't think it will really be that moisturizing or long lasting but would be good for someone who doesn't mind touching up often.
Amanda H.
MT PLEASANT, UT
For the price, you really can't complain. It's nicely pigmented and the packaging is very cute. I could do without the scent, as it smells too childish for my liking. I'm on the edge about the consistency of the product...it's definitely not drying, it DOES moisturize a bit, but it basically feels like a Vaseline type of moisture, which is not my cup of tea. But if you're on a budget and appreciate cute packaging and decent pigment, this could definitely be your beast!
Lydia K.
La habra, CA
What caught my eyes is how cute this lip balm looks. I really like the little apple design it has, and i think that is just adorable. I also really like the apple scent this lip balm gives. However, I kinda wish this lip balm is more moisturizing. I enjoy using this lip balm, but at the same time, the experience is not that memorable.
Anne P.
Olympia, WA
I like the texture, it isn't super waxy, or super slick and glossy. It's somewhere in between...
As for color, the tube I received in my VoxBox was Big Apple Red, which showed up nicely in one swipe. 2-3 swipes gave off a pretty red, but that's a little too much for me. I do wish the moisturizing effect would last longer though.
My biggest problem with this is the apple scent. It isn't the most...offensive smell, but it isn't exactly the best smelling thing either.
Tawain G.
Avon park, FL
I WAS PICK TO TEST AND TRY THE NYC COLOR APPLELICIOUS GLOSSY LIP BALM THANK YOU INFLUENSTER. OVERALL THE PRODUCT WAS AMAZING I LOVE THAT MY LIPS WAS SMOOTH AND SHINNY AND LAST ALL DAY I FOR GOT I HAD THE LIP BALM GLOSSY ON.BUT MY DAUGHTER LIKE BRAND PRODUCT SO MUCH SHE TOOK IT FROM ME, THE THINGS MOMS DO FOR THERE KIDS. SO I ASK MY DAUGHTER WHAT SHE LOVE ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND MY LOVE BUG SAID BECAUSE YOU GAVE IT TO ME AND MAKE MY LIP VERY OIL AND PRETTY ON MY LIPS.
Evie S.
I bought this product after ssing so many youtube gurus try it out. i have to say it was a waste of money. the application was just so slippery and the texture i did not like. The color was nice but didn't last very long. After applying it so many times is just gave up and applied my go to lip products. this is a def no no for me.
Yessenia E.
Hayward, CA
I received the Big Apple Red in my spring fever voxbox. I was pretty excited about this lip balm but as soon as I opened its top I got turned off. The scent smells like a cheapish waxy scent or a dull medicine. The lip balm itself is very cheap. Very waxy and the color stays on for about 30 minutes. I really wanted to like it but I just can't. The color is nice but its too oily upon applying it to the lips. I feel like I'm putting scented candles on my lips.
Allison L.
If i had little cousins that were maybe 12 or 10 i would so buy them this, this is a fun product but for someone who is 20. i find it cheap and waxy. i found the color pay off wasn't what i thought it was going to be. I got it in Big Apple Red, thinking it would come off as this nice red without being too deep but the application made the color come off pink. not even close to being red, i would of liked to try a nude color and maybe i would of liked it.
Courtney H.
West Bend, WI
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in my Spring Vox Box. Although I had tried other NYC products in the past, I had never tried the Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! Not only did this balm moisturize my lips and provide a non-sticky glossy finish, but it also gave me a "just bitten" look of color. It is perfect for those "no makeup" makeup days! And since it is filled with Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado Oil, you are treating your lips kindly in the hot summer sun.
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
This is definitely a lot better for younger people maybe around the age of like 8 or so because this will not give you any sort of color on your lips. It may give a bit of a sheer tint but it is so sheer that you have to literally rub this on to get any sort of color and it will not last you a long time at all. It kind of has a weird plastic flavor to it that kind of bothers me. The whole "apple" concept for it is definitely more for younger girls.
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
How long does the color last?
Jasmin R.
Woodside, NY
DOES IT REALLY SMELL LIKE APPLES?
Mandy D.
Jay, ME
Would you purchase this again if you lost it, or used it all up?
Mariam G.
federal way, WA
Is this the only color and smell it comes in or no
Maggie D.
College Sta, TX
Which do you prefer: NYC Glossy Lip Balm or Baby Lips tinted balms?