BY NYC NEW YORK COLOR

• Which do you prefer: NYC Glossy Lip Balm or Baby Lips tin...12 Answers
  • Is this product pasty or heavy on your lips? Or soft and ...4 Answers
  • HOw dark it the tint of the product?6 Answers
NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm
  • "I love this stuff, its really rejuvinating especially for dry lips, i like the slight tint it has, i have trouble picking out lipsticks so this is perfect not to light but not to dark not to mention it smells quite pleasant :)" in 74 reviews
Tessa C.
Martha, KY
Review for: Other more...
This Adesse New York Butter Lip Balm is amazing!! 💗 I got mine in my Ipsy bag! It feels amazing on my lips and smells like bubble gum 🍬 it has a light pink shade to it. I love everything about it! Wish I knew the retail price to buy more.
Ann S.
Voorhees, NJ
Review for: #355 APPLELICIOUS PINK more...
I love the formula!!! This product is also super affordable. I like to put it on under my liquid lips to keep them hydrated 👄. I just don’t think the tint of this product is right for me. I will be repurchasing this.
Amanda K.
Parma, OH
I have tried many different lip products in the past, everything from chapsticks to lip stains and everything in between. I love trying out new products, so whenever something new comes out, I am always looking out for it so I can try it. With that being said I could not pass on the opportunity to try NYC's Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm. Lets get into the review! Lets start with packaging, shall we? NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm's packaging for Big Apple Red was in my opinion, nothing spectacular. The plastic tube is a reddish-pink color with the writing being a metallic silver. The wtitting on the tube features the "New York Color" logo and the product name "Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm" with the "o" in Applelicious being an apple (plus writing in a second language). The plastic tube is a twist up with a protective clear plastic cap. The plastic tube is nice to have and the product twists up and down easily. On the bottom of the tube there is a sticker that lists the color number and name plus additional product information. The balm its self has a colored outside ring (this is where the lip tint comes from and will be different depending on what color you picked up). The balm also features a unique apple-shaped core that is filled with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, and Avocado Oil.

Final thoughts on packaging: The balm its self is very cute and I think that the apple-shaped core is a really smart idea. Packaging wise, this product is pretty sad, the tube is nothing special or new, it is an ordinary lip balm tube that I have seen before and I think that in the store you could easily overlook this product. I would have like to see this product have some crazy and fun design that would make you want to try this product. I didn't hate the packaging but I didn't love it either.

Now lets get down to the claims. This is New York Colors claims for their product "Only NYC New York Color could find the city’s soft spot with their new deliciously ‘feel good’ APPLELICIOUS lip balm that will deliver color, shine and moisture in one single swipe! Just like the Big Apple itself it’s juicy, shiny and colorfully loud but also reveals a softer and more caring side. Color is fun and fruity and with a hidden apple core of care it’s also delightfully moist. This ‘oh so cute!’ apple-shaped core reinforces the moisturizing properties of the rest of the balm and gives your lips a healthier look! The apple on the cake? A fruity apple scent that will make your lips irresistibly kissable!". First off, NYC claims that Applelicious delivers color, shine and moisture in one single swipe. This is simply not true. It takes a minimum of three swipes to notices any differences in the look or feel of your lips. Also they claim that the balm gives your lips a healthier look but I didn't really notice my lips looking healthier with the help from this product. The main claim that I would like to address is the last line. "The apple on the cake? A fruity apple scent that will make your lips irresistibly kissable!" There is no "fruity apple scent" whatsoever. I have no idea what product NYC was smelling but it certainly was not this product. The only thing that this product smelled of was wax.

Final thoughts on the claims: As far as what New York Color claims and what I got out of this product while testing, well we mite as well have been testing two different products. When I first was testing Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm, I first wanted to test it based on NYC's claims they made for the product. So I swatched it on the back of my hand just to get any "waxy residue" that might have been on it just to give the product a fair test run. I then smelled the product after and it smelled like pure wax. Then I did the one swipe test like NYC claims. There was no difference in lip color or feel. My lips did not feel anymore moisturized than before,they didn't appear to have any shine to them and there was absolutely no color payoff. I then continued to add more swipes and at three swipes I was finally able to see something happening. At five swipes you get a nice amount of color payoff, so this product is buildable but as far as the claims go, none of them were true about this product.

My final thoughts on the overall product is to skip this product and go for a lip balm like Maybelline's Baby Lips.

[All claims are taken from NYC's (New York Color's) OFFICIAL website]
Hannah S.
MORTON, IL
When I think of the NYC brand, I usually think of 16 years olds. This really isn’t a brand that I buy these days, but I was excited to try this lip balm.

A few months ago, I decided that it was time for me to grow up and start wearing some lipstick. I bought a Maybelline Color Whisperers in a very light pink. I was excited that the NYC Applelicious had some tint in it!

Really, I’m a chapstick girl. I’ve gotta have my chapstick with me 24/7 (aka legit addicted, I always have to have it on my lips). The NYC balm had a similar feel to when I have chapstick on, so I liked that a lot. It wasn’t sticky like some lipsticks. However, it doesn’t last very long. It did not pass my 30-minute-drive-to-work test. When I got to work I felt like I already needed to put some more on (but, that may just be me always having to have something on my lips!). I haven’t noticed how long the tint stays on. I’ve never brought the balm with me, I just put some on before I leave and then switch to my chapstick for the rest of the day.

I liked the color that I received, which I believe was Big Apple Red. I would never buy red lipstick, but this color is nice because it’s definitely not a red red. I don’t think the color lasts too long, but if you reapply during the day for color, you’ll be fine.

I don’t know if I’ll buy this product again. For a cheap balm, I like it. And, I’m a cheap person, so I take that back, I may buy it again sometime. I’d probably choose a pink tone instead of the red though. I do like that I got to try something that I wouldn’t normally buy!

I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes
Julie H.
Helena, MT
These lippies from NYC are my absolute FAVES! I started out with 4...all my little bo-dunk K-Mart had. I hoarded on those 4 lipsticks for weeks and then the light shown on my little town and CVS had the entire line one day.
I got them ALL. Even colors I might not EVER wear.
But I just HAD to! These lipsticks are SO INCREDIBLY FANTASTIC!!
ULTRA-moisturizing, long wearing (for me) INcredible color payoff. And that smell!! OMG...TO DIE FOR!
I really cant say enough good things about this formula. NYC hit it OUT OF THE PARK with this product. And their chubby sticks are just as nice!!

Now, Id like to mention something here. With over 20 yrs experience in this industry, I HAVE tried the best. I prefer to not use lipsticks that have a 6,8-10 hr. wear time. I have ocd issues with germs and your mouth is the dirtiest, most 'infected' part of your body at any givin' time. All of that filth? Is clinging to that 10 hour lip product. Just hanging out...on your lips.
No thanks. No matter how long wearing a lip color is, I always remove it and reapply after an hour, hour 1/2. Besides, I don't care HOW good it is, no lip is going to look good wearing the same application for 6 hours or more. (less even really) It might stay on that long...but it sure isn't going to look pulled together and solid.
So as a rule, I clean my lips and re-apply often. I don't mind it. Its habit. It should be with everyone. The day the cosmetic industry started making '24-hour color's for lips was a bad day in my opinion. People fall for the suggestions that that is a good idea. But think about it.......it isnt.
Anyhow, so when I say this product is 'long-wearing for me', that is what I mean. I have no idea if it last hours and hours. I haven't worn it for that long of a stretch nor will I. But it DOES stay absolutely true for the length of time I have it on until I cleanse and reapply.

Now lets talk about the colors. LOVE!!!!!! The shade Blue Rose makes my 46 yr old teeth look 15 again! LOL. And the nudes are deep and rich. Full of body and life. Not just a nuded out lip. Multiple beaUUtiful berries! And the couple reds they have are spot on!!!
I just adore this line of lipsticks and am actually a bit sad that I killed the buzz of a 'new find'...because I already have them all. LOL

This is a MUST have for ANY lippie aficionado. Oh yes, and at 1.99 each, ANYONE can afford them. Anyone! I'm actually giving these out in my monthly give-aways even! They are THAT fantastic and economical! I want all the lips I influence to own at least ONE of this product!!

Good job NYC!! Keep up the good work!!!!! Ill review your products on my channel ANY time!! Proudly!
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
How funny, I actually have this on my lips right now! This is my favorite lip balm and you cant beat the price. I bought it at my local rite aid one day, and now I have almost every shade. It tastes great, and has a hint of shine and color while still actively hydrating. Price is unbeatable!
Danielle B.
Placentia, CA
I'm not a big chapstick or lip balm person because I always have to be wearing lipstick. My lips are so pale I need color or else I look like I'm sick, seriously. Since 8th grade I don't think I've gone more than a day without wearing lipstick and it makes me super self conscious. But sometimes lipstick is just too much. I took pictures the other day with my niece and nephews and in hindsight I think, "WOAH, too much color!"

When I got a sample of NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm I didn't think I would like it. I already know I wouldn't have bought in a store otherwise. But that's the beauty of free samples: I learned that I was totally wrong!! I received "Big Apple Red" and the amount of color that this lip balm gives to my lips is perfect: it's soft but colorful.

I add a light application of lip liner (Mac's Half Red), although because of the way the applicator is designed (darker color on the outside), it's probably not necessary. In addition to the nice color, I love the scent and flavor of this lip balm. It is sweet and apple-y. And the best part about wearing this: it won't dry out your lips! My lips are totally moisturized while I wear it, unlike a lot of the lipsticks I wear. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to get moisture and color all in one product!
Shenika W.
Let me first say, I LOVE NYC products. From the lip glosses, all the way down to the fingernail polishes. So, I was really excited to have an opportunity to try the Big Apple Red. In fact, I liked these so much, I bought 4 more after writing this review(Color swatches are on my blog) Now, with a name like Applelicious, one would think, “Wow, a flavored lip balm.” But you would be wrong, as it doesn’t have an apple flavor or even an apple scent. It doesn’t have a chemical-like smell but, the scent is quite pleasant. It’s a twist to use lip balm, kind of like regular lipstick. It has two layers: The red on the outside and the white colored apple shaped layer in the center. I’m guessing the outside layer is to provide the color, while the heart-shaped layer provides the moisture.
It does leave a glossy shine once applied. With key ingredients being Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Avocado Oil you can tell it moisturizes with a slight tint and not sticky at all(Think tinted chap-stick). The color is sheer, so the more you apply the more color you get. I actually would prefer to wear this over their lip gloss (I have tons of them, by the way ;-D). Been using this for two weeks now and have found that once applied in the morning, it feels a little less moisturizing at the end of the day, but leaves a slight tint. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this a 9. **I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. **
Stefanie A.
Everett, MA
I don't know why but this product wasn't the best for me. It will hydrate my lips for a couple of seconds and then it will lift all my death skin.   The afterward texture felt weird. I did try it for a whole week and still saw no changes so I will not recommend this product at all.

I used cupuacu butter (the black one)
Guadalupe L.
ADELANTO, CA
NYC New York Color Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm ~ Caramel Apple 351 okay so the caramel apple is the exact shade i have. the packaging looked super cute i liked the bright pink bottle. the little apple imprint inside is what attracted me and lured me into buying it. it glides on super smooth, but i dont like the feeling it leaves on my lips. first its a little on the sticky side, and its not even actual lip gloss, its supposed to be a lip balm. second, for a lip balm it does nothing to hydrate my lips. i actually have to put chapstick on first and then this. i feel like it ends up drying out my lips, i dont like that at all. it doesnt really have any color to it, its really sheer but mostly just leaves this metallic looking sheen over my lips, no caramel nude tone like what it looks like. As you can see i've barely used it. ill most likely be throwing it away, such a shame because the packaging really grabs your attention. I wont be purchasing again, not sure that i want to use this brand again and i definitely would not recommend this.
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
How long does the color last?
Jasmin R.
Woodside, NY
DOES IT REALLY SMELL LIKE APPLES?
Mandy D.
Jay, ME
Would you purchase this again if you lost it, or used it all up?
Mariam G.
federal way, WA
Is this the only color and smell it comes in or no
Maggie D.
College Sta, TX
Which do you prefer: NYC Glossy Lip Balm or Baby Lips tinted balms?

Kohl's