BY NYAKIO #23 in Eye Creams & Treatments

This multitasking eye and lip cream that softens the look of fine lines while smoothing, hydrating and conditioning skin.

Formulated without:

• Sulfates
  • Phthalates
  • Parabens
  • Mineral Oil
  • Petrolatum
  • Formaldehyde
  • Butylene Glycol

Global beauty secrets. Cultural traditions. Indigenous ingredients.

Many Chinese women highly regard ginseng for its skin-perfecting properties. Nyakio learned of sprawling family-owned farms that grow red ginseng, known to be one of the most potent and efficacious herbs.

Samantha J.
Rockledge, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a small sample size of the Nyakio Red Ginseng Line Smoothing Eye and Lip Cream in my Shimmer VoxBox. The information card that came in my box claimed that "this multitasking eye and lip cream softens the look of fine lines while smoothing, hydrating, and conditioning skin." This product has a retail price of $39.99 for a .44 oz jar; this may seem expensive, but that is the typical going rate for under eye creams such as this. I do not mind splurging a bit on products like this, but does it really work? Well, let me explain my thoughts on it:
I'm only 21 years old, but I definitely can see some fine lines forming in the outer corners of my eyes and under eye area. Therefore, I was very excited to receive this product and see if it would actually help to soften these lines a bit.
Beginning with the consistency, this cream is really thick. This surprised me a lot because usually most under-eye creams are quite lightweight with an almost watery consistency, which is what I typically prefer.
The first night I applied it, I used a pea sized amount and gently patted it into my under eye area and a little onto the tops of my eyelids; The product soaked into my skin super fast and did not leave behind any residue. Something that I noticed instantly and was really disappointed about was that this product did not feel very cooling or refreshing under the eyes, which is what I really enjoy about most eye creams. It honestly felt like any other moisturizer to me.
I also put some of this cream on my lips since it can be used as a lip moisturizer as well, and it really didn't make a difference. They barely felt moisturized at all; they looked a tad bit softer, but still felt somewhat dry. My regular EOS chap-stick does a way better job at hydrating my lips than this cream.
The next morning, I looked carefully in the mirror to see if there was any change in the appearance of my under-eyes; there was not. Of course I did not expect a miracle to happen and that all my fine lines would magically disappear, but I was just curious to see what was so special with this cream. I even put a bit of this product under my makeup during the day to see if it would help reduce dryness and creasing with my under-eye makeup. It did not make a difference; my under-eyes were still creased and dry looking.
I repeated this routine of applying the cream both in the morning and at night for 3 days since the amount of product I received in the sample size only allowed me to test it that long. Therefore, I was not able to do extensive testing of this product. These are just my opinions after using this product for 3 of days. There is the possibility that I could have seen better results if I were able to try it out longer; and of course not everyone's skin is the same, so this product may have worked for others. Unfortunately that was not the case with me.
My final thoughts on this product is that it is too thick and heavy for the under-eye area and does not feel very refreshing. It has not made any difference in the appearance of my fine lines. It also does not hydrate my lips whatsoever. Overall, I do not believe this product works, at least for me.
Erica A.
Tempe, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this product in my Shimmer Voxbox. First thoughts and impression - I love that Nyakio is an all natural brand, clean ingredients, naturally sources and uses herbs, plants, etc and that this wasn't just a face cream - this cream is specifically labeled as "under eye and lip cream." Also claims to help fine lines and wrinkles in those specific areas, which is the most common area. The cream isn't lightweight but I wouldn't say it was heavy either. I read in other reviews that people said it had a gross smell - which I thought was weird because I have VERY sensitive skin and am extremely sensitive to smells and this had no scent to me. Didn't irritate my skin whatsoever - huge plus. It did feel very moisturizing, once I rubbed it in it felt like it actually soaked into my skin. Gave my skin a powder-like feel, soft. I was curious to try it all over my face and I had the same result. Felt fine all over as well. Used it under makeup, it did feel a bit heavy at first but the second time I used it I didn't feel that way (but it technically isn't suppose to be for all over face.) As for under eyes and lips - makeup application on top was comfortable and looked great. I only used this cream for about a week and I didn't see any changes but I am curious if I had a full size if I would see results. I liked this product enough to try it again or other products from this brand!
Jesseca H.
Carterville, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
PROS: This product did not have a smell, which was nice for a change. When I apply cleanser to my face I don't like something stinky or overly powerful to be placed on my face. It is white in color and is extremely smooth! It definitely does not take a lot to cover the lip and eye areas. This product does not make my face feel tight like other products have in the past.
CONS: The results are not right aeay, but that is not something I am picky about. Plus, it does not say it'll happen right away.
Overall, this seems like a great product and I feel it is already helping smooth my skin and help with fine lines. I will use the rest of the sample to see if I get more results from using it! Nyakio Red Ginseng Line Smoothing Eye & Lip Cream
Amanda B.
I was sent a sample of this product in exchange for an honest review. I have used it as my part of my skincare routine for roughly a week and my initial thoughts are positive. It's an extremely creamy product and only needs a small amount (much less than a pea size) to be applied to each undereye. It glides on easily and is very smooth on the skin, with the smoothness lasting for quite some time. It did a decent job of "blurring" the finer lines around my eyes but since I have only used it for a short amount of time I can't be certain if its effects help over time. I'll be sure to update my review once I've used up the product. While my sample pack came in a small square package I see that the full product comes in a small pot - I feel a small squeeze tube would be better packaging and would help control the amount of product used. I'm unsure if I'd purchase the product in the future, I like the initial effects but I really need a product where I can see the improvement over time. Only time will tell if this becomes a constant in my skin care routine!Side note: I did not use the products on my lips. Personal taste, a bit too creamy for that use.
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
I am absolutely loving this product! I'm very picky when it comes to the sensitive skin around my eyes and lips, but this cream is free of all the chemicals and parabens that often irritate my skin which makes me really happy! It doesn't seem to have any odor or fragrance, which I really enjoy because I hate putting products with strong scents on my face. It's super creamy without being too thick, and after massaging it into my eyelids and lips, my skin feels super soft and velvety! :)
I generally only use eye creams at night before bed because I find that most of them leave a layer or residue on my skin that either remains sticky or crumbles off, which makes it difficult if not impossible to put makeup on. With this particular product though, I haven't had that problem AT ALL! Once it soaks into my skin, that's it, I don't feel it sitting there and nothing crumbles off if I rub at it, and I can apply makeup shortly after using it which makes me absolutely ecstatic! I will be buying more when my complimentary sample runs out, and I absolutely recommend it to anyone and everyone!
Renee C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So yeah, these Nyakio beauty products are amazing! The Red Ginseng Eye and Lip Cream is my new favorite product in their beauty line. I am a little insecure when it comes to my under eye area.

I’m at ‘that’ age when lines really are starting to pop up, but I also have sensitive skin, so the less chemicals in a product, the better. With just a small swipe of product and a quick massage, I could see and feel the difference around my eyes and lips. I don’t know if it’s supposedto have a cooling effect, but it does for me! I love that it is unscented too! It doesn’t leave sensitive skin irritated either!

My tip is to apply after night cleansing just before bed, that way your under eyes feel great and you can relax before bed! This is an in-home spa night for your face if you ask me! A+!

*I received a complimentary sample for review. All opinions expressed are my own. Positive review not requited.*
👸 Erica S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product for free for testing from influenster and this sample size is my first time experience with the Nyakio Red Ginseng Line Smoothing Eye & Lip Cream . I like the fact that this eye cream is made with all natural ingredients being it sits under your eyes and has a heavy texture to it. Doesn't really have a scent to it which I like so it feels less like a lotion and more like an under eye treatment. It doesn't leave an oily residue. I've only tried this product once so it's hard to say if I noticed any dramatic changes. but I can say my eyes felt hydrated and the skin around my eyes felt softer and appeared a bit firmer. Cultural traditions, a global beauty secret that uses all indigenous ingredient such as red ginseng is known to be one of the most effective and potent natural herbs used as a skin perfecting property's and is just one of the reasons I like this product so much. I will highly recommend this to anyone struggling with fine line issues.
Ashley M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product free for reviewing purposes. All opinions are 100% my own.

Good points of this product: moisturizes perfectly! It does reduce fine lines around eyes pretty well. I tried in the morning under makeup and at night before bed.

Bad points: it didn’t stay when applying makeup over top of this product. It sort of clumped up and rolled off my face. It only reduced fine lines when it was fully applied. But as stated, it comes off easily.
Sadie H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this gift as a complimentary item in my voxbox. I did like the packaging. It was simple with a pop of color. However since I only got a sample I’m not sure I got to experience the full effect of the product and didn’t notice any difference while using it. The smell was like a typical moisturizer and wasn’t over powering but not the most pleasant smell either. I have combination skin so it did tend to make me feel a little oily around the eyes.
Theresa P.
Livonia, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Influenster sent me a sample of this product, complimentary, for testing purposes. I'm no stranger to the skin care section in Sephora, Ulta, or any other store for that matter, as at the ripe old age of 36, I've realized that it's time to really start taking better care of my skin. That said, I was really impressed with this eye/lip combo from Nyakio--it's thick and creamy, doesn't have any atrocious perfumy-scent, and is formulated WITHOUT a whole bunch of nasties like formaldehyde (who wants THAT on their skin?), and parabens. In these ways, I really, really liked this product, and would actually like to purchase the full-size version because I don't really have much to speak of thus far, in terms of lines and wrinkles, and I'd like to keep it that way! Great product with a terrific backstory, and I do highly recommend!
Myrna B.
Oldtown
I'm 56 and these lines around my upper lip, will this help?