BY NYAKIO #76 in Eye Creams & Treatments

This multitasking eye and lip cream that softens the look of fine lines while smoothing, hydrating and conditioning skin.

Formulated without:

• Sulfates
  • Phthalates
  • Parabens
  • Mineral Oil
  • Petrolatum
  • Formaldehyde
  • Butylene Glycol

Global beauty secrets. Cultural traditions. Indigenous ingredients.

Many Chinese women highly regard ginseng for its skin-perfecting properties. Nyakio learned of sprawling family-owned farms that grow red ginseng, known to be one of the most potent and efficacious herbs.

• I'm 56 and these lines around my upper lip, will this help?8 Answers
Reviews (1989)
Samantha J.
Rockledge, PA
I received a small sample size of the Nyakio Red Ginseng Line Smoothing Eye and Lip Cream in my Shimmer VoxBox. The information card that came in my box claimed that "this multitasking eye and lip cream softens the look of fine lines while smoothing, hydrating, and conditioning skin." This product has a retail price of $39.99 for a .44 oz jar; this may seem expensive, but that is the typical going rate for under eye creams such as this. I do not mind splurging a bit on products like this, but does it really work? Well, let me explain my thoughts on it:
I'm only 21 years old, but I definitely can see some fine lines forming in the outer corners of my eyes and under eye area. Therefore, I was very excited to receive this product and see if it would actually help to soften these lines a bit.
Beginning with the consistency, this cream is really thick. This surprised me a lot because usually most under-eye creams are quite lightweight with an almost watery consistency, which is what I typically prefer.
The first night I applied it, I used a pea sized amount and gently patted it into my under eye area and a little onto the tops of my eyelids; The product soaked into my skin super fast and did not leave behind any residue. Something that I noticed instantly and was really disappointed about was that this product did not feel very cooling or refreshing under the eyes, which is what I really enjoy about most eye creams. It honestly felt like any other moisturizer to me.
I also put some of this cream on my lips since it can be used as a lip moisturizer as well, and it really didn't make a difference. They barely felt moisturized at all; they looked a tad bit softer, but still felt somewhat dry. My regular EOS chap-stick does a way better job at hydrating my lips than this cream.
The next morning, I looked carefully in the mirror to see if there was any change in the appearance of my under-eyes; there was not. Of course I did not expect a miracle to happen and that all my fine lines would magically disappear, but I was just curious to see what was so special with this cream. I even put a bit of this product under my makeup during the day to see if it would help reduce dryness and creasing with my under-eye makeup. It did not make a difference; my under-eyes were still creased and dry looking.
I repeated this routine of applying the cream both in the morning and at night for 3 days since the amount of product I received in the sample size only allowed me to test it that long. Therefore, I was not able to do extensive testing of this product. These are just my opinions after using this product for 3 of days. There is the possibility that I could have seen better results if I were able to try it out longer; and of course not everyone's skin is the same, so this product may have worked for others. Unfortunately that was not the case with me.
My final thoughts on this product is that it is too thick and heavy for the under-eye area and does not feel very refreshing. It has not made any difference in the appearance of my fine lines. It also does not hydrate my lips whatsoever. Overall, I do not believe this product works, at least for me.
Arham M.
Laurel, MD
I received this product in my shimmer voxbox for free and i was really excited to try it out. I applied it for a couple of days (since the product was a sample and i wanted to try the sample out before purchasing the full product since it’s pricey and i wanted to know if i’d like it or not) and i could tell from the beginning that the product felt very heavy on my skin. it didn’t feel moisturizing at all. it felt thick and unsettling. after a couple of uses i didn’t see any change in my skin at all. the only good thing about this product was it’s scent! hopefully it works for someone else but this product wasn’t for me
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
I am absolutely loving this product! I'm very picky when it comes to the sensitive skin around my eyes and lips, but this cream is free of all the chemicals and parabens that often irritate my skin which makes me really happy! It doesn't seem to have any odor or fragrance, which I really enjoy because I hate putting products with strong scents on my face. It's super creamy without being too thick, and after massaging it into my eyelids and lips, my skin feels super soft and velvety! :)
I generally only use eye creams at night before bed because I find that most of them leave a layer or residue on my skin that either remains sticky or crumbles off, which makes it difficult if not impossible to put makeup on. With this particular product though, I haven't had that problem AT ALL! Once it soaks into my skin, that's it, I don't feel it sitting there and nothing crumbles off if I rub at it, and I can apply makeup shortly after using it which makes me absolutely ecstatic! I will be buying more when my complimentary sample runs out, and I absolutely recommend it to anyone and everyone!
👸 Erica S.
I received this product for free for testing from influenster and this sample size is my first time experience with the Nyakio Red Ginseng Line Smoothing Eye & Lip Cream . I like the fact that this eye cream is made with all natural ingredients being it sits under your eyes and has a heavy texture to it. Doesn't really have a scent to it which I like so it feels less like a lotion and more like an under eye treatment. It doesn't leave an oily residue. I've only tried this product once so it's hard to say if I noticed any dramatic changes. but I can say my eyes felt hydrated and the skin around my eyes felt softer and appeared a bit firmer. Cultural traditions, a global beauty secret that uses all indigenous ingredient such as red ginseng is known to be one of the most effective and potent natural herbs used as a skin perfecting property's and is just one of the reasons I like this product so much. I will highly recommend this to anyone struggling with fine line issues.
Corin M.
I really enjoyed this product! It had a great smell and it had a smooth and moisturizing texture. I did not use it on my lips, but I did use it on my eyes. I had a sample size when I tried this product so I did not see much improvement with lines, but I do have really dry eye lids and corners because of the acne medication I use on my face and with using this product, my eyes were not as dry as they usually are. I would recommend this for eye hydration.
cushla S.
At first I was a little confused at the usage of smoothing cream for both eyes and lips, but after trying it as a part of a Vox box sent to me by influenster I can see the difference in my lips. I tried the cream on both eyes and lips but I only really noticed a difference in my lips. I have very dry and cracked lips due to accutane ( a prescription acne medication) and my lips looked much better after using the cream!
Taylor M.
Kettering, OH
This product smelled really nice and I love the idea of getting products that are all natural. I was excited to try it because I am looking for anti aging products at the moment (I am only 22 but you can never start too early!). I don't think that this product helped my fine lines in the 3 or so days that I used it. I received a sample of it through a VoxBox that I managed to stretch out and use for 3 days. I did not see any difference but that being said it was not a long enough time to judge a product such as this. The product was thicker than I expected and did not feel like it let my undereye skin breathe. It felt like a normal lotion to be honest, and I don't want to splurge in that way if I can just buy normal lotion. This product has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure it was a match for me.
A S.
Severna Park, MD
I love how moisturizing this was for my undereye area. In the past, I've hard to resort to using heavy, greasy-feeling creams to hydrate that stubbornly dry skin around my eyes, but they never sat well under makeup and were too greasy to leave the house with. This cream worked beautifully; I swear it instantly looked like I'd used a blurring primer and brightener under my eyes. Would recommend!
Angel P.
I noticed immediately that this packs a lot of moisture into an extremely light formula. There's zero greasiness and my under eye area felt instantly smoother. I am basing this review on a sample size packet I received in the Shimmer Vox Box, but I liked the product so much that I will be purchasing it, and I'll update my review after I've used it enough to also review the anti-wrinkle aspect of the product. So far, I'm loving it. My sensitive skin has no irritation from using it. I would recommend this.
Leah F.
Dallas, TX
I think it's hard to rate or review a fine line or anti-aging cream without testing it over a very extended period of time however I really liked the fact that the cream focused more on the product itself versus scent, elaborate packaging, etc. A little goes a long way with this cream which is great so you get a ton for your value. My only complaint would be that it takes too long for the skin to absorb and to rub in. Since the skin under the eye is already super sensitive, I don't want to have to repeatedly rub it in and risk stretching my skin. I would have preferred if I could dab it on and my skin soak it up quickly.
Myrna B.
Oldtown
I'm 56 and these lines around my upper lip, will this help?