BY RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH

Nutrient-dense recipes to satisfy your dog’s instinctual cravings™

Packed with the delicious proteins dogs instinctually crave, Nutrish® PEAK™ Open Range Recipe™ is a natural food made with added vitamins and chelated minerals. Real U.S. farm-raised beef is always the #1 ingredient — combined with protein-rich venison, lamb and essential nutrients to help your pup thrive.

• Is this truly a grain free dog food? We currently have ou...1 Answers
  • Are they good for your dogs health? 1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried both flavors with their pups? Do they ha...3 Answers
Hannah V.
Fort Worth, TX
I am extremely picky about what my 40 pound, 1.5 year old Australian Shepherd eats. I don’t trust it enough for him to eat this all the time, but when we don’t make it to Hollywood Feed before he runs out of food, this is a great alternative we can grab from Target.
Whitney B.
Our standard poodle loves this food. We switched from a "top brand" due to financial reasons and he actually gained muscle, weight, and became more active after just a few weeks on this food. We will never go back.
Cassie G.
Mobile, AL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We just switched to this flavor to give our dogs a little more protein. They switched over well and have only been eating it for a week but so far they seem to really like it.
Courtney K.
Marion, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Our go to for our dog! She devours it and we constantly have to get more, only food she'll eat and we have no issue buying it for her. Definitely worth the price!
Amanda P.
Sparks, NV
I actually first received this dog food from a voxbox through influenster to try for free, and it was an immediate hit with my dogs. They both liked it as a treat, and got very excited when they got a bowl full of it. We switched and have been giving them this ever since!
Jayme H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I received this product from Influenster to test. I will openly admit that I have been feeding my dogs the same dog food since the were puppies so I didn't entirely switch them to this dog food because I didn't want to go through the effects of switching food and then switching back really quick especially because this specific type of dog food is not available in my area.

What I did was just combine it with what they were already eating and they loved it of course. The reason I wasn't scared to just throw it in is because of the ingredients. I love that this dog food is grain free because I currently use a grain free dog food and have my dogs whole life and I truly believe it has kept her healthy and at a great weight! I also thought the packaging was nice on this dog food, I like that it shows on the front what exactly the ingredients are. One thing I would like to see is a side by side comparison to other grain free dogs foods to see where the brands stand against each other.

If I could see the comparisons to other brands I would be more open to switching my pups to this brand because I also love Rachel Ray!

All in all I would definitly give it a try if you are in the market for a new dog food! Although Grain Free dog food is more expensive.... It's benefits outlast the cost.
Coleen H.
Philadelphia, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I received a bag of Nutrish Peak Open Range Beef, Venison and Lamb free for review, but all opinions are my own. First, happy to see that there is no brewers rice, like in other Nutrish products. However, it still contains beet pulp. Beet pulp is controversial filler. It is a by-product in the process of manufacturing sugar. It is a controversial ingredient in dog food, because though some manufacturers claim it to be a good source of fiber, research shows it is added to slow down the transition of rancid animal fats and causing stress to kidney and liver in dogs in the process.

Secondly, though this bag is labeled as "Beef, Venison and Lamb," it still contains quite a bit of chicken product (chicken meal, chicken fat), and chicken is one of the most triggers for dogs with sensitivities. My own pit bull can't have kibble with chicken in it, though my Australian shepherd can.

Finally, the inclusion of "beef" as the first ingredient is misleading. This is not a meal ingredient. It is inclusive of water content (about 80%). Once that is removed, as it must be to create a dehydrated product, the ingredient will weigh around 20% of its wet weight. Ingredients are listed in order of weight and, once dehydrated, the ingredient would probably be more accurately placed much further down the ingredient list.
Chelsea C.
San Francisco , CA
I received this product for free from Influenster to test. My corgi puppy was not very food motivated when I first brought her home and she gets tummy problems pretty easily. She also was not a big fan of kibble so I actually use a service that delivers freshly made and vet formulated human-grade dog food weekly.

Since she's growing up and becoming more food motivated, I've been mixing in a higher end, grain free kibble to her food every so often and now she gobbles it up. So since she's been more open to kibble, i mixed this Nutrish PEAK Beef, Venison kibble in with her meal for breakfast and lunch and she's been really loving it! You have to be careful about serving sized with kibble though, (especially with a dog like a corgi, prone to being overweight) because kibble is packed with so many nutrients, that it's often too caloric and serving sizes on the bag is too much food.

I like the packaging on this dog food too, and how it shows most of the ingredients on the front. My only hesitation is that for the price, there are still some questionable fillers in the food and her stools haven't been as solid with the new kibble as before.

Overall, for anyone looking to start their pup out on some yummy, better quality dog food, I would recommend this product. It's just harder to make the switch for a dog who is used to fresh food and has a sensitive tummy when switching food.
Lauren R.
Portland, OR
I feed my dog VERY high quality food. No fillers. No grains. My dog has a sensitive stomach, and I'm happy to oblige by getting him as high quality food as possible.

With that said, this food is mediocre. When I received it in the mail, I first looked at the ingredients. The bag said it was supposed to be "beef, venison and lamb." However, there is a lot of chicken (commonly causes issues in sensitive doggy tummies). It also contains quite a bit of fillers, including beet pulp.

With that said, it does seem to have mostly high quality products, and I felt comfortable enough having my dog try it. My dog will eat anything. However, his body won't necessarily "accept" everything. I mixed this half and half with his normal food for a smooth transition. He seemed to tolerate it OK for a couple days. However, I'm not comfortable switching to this product as my dog's primary food source.

In short, the marketing on this is a little misleading, but it can probably still be considered a "higher" quality food than most middle-range pet foods.
Angelica S.
Bronx, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I first tried this food with the Rachel Ray vox box. My dog loves this food, and she tolerated it well. I can find this pretty much any where and the price for the medium sized bag is usually $23 dollars.
Emily L.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Has anyone's animal had an adverse reactions to this food?
Heather C.
Parsons, WV
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Has anyone tried both flavors with their pups? Do they have a preference?
Jessi D.
Derry, NH
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
How do your pups like this
Jakia H.
Greeleyville , SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Are they good for your dogs health?
Is this truly a grain free dog food? We currently have our 9 yr. old Westie on Rachel Ray Grain Free food. Would this be a good food to transition him to?