BY RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH

Nutrient-dense recipes to satisfy your dog’s instinctual cravings™

Packed with the delicious proteins dogs instinctually crave, Nutrish® PEAK™ Open Range Recipe™ is a natural food made with added vitamins and chelated minerals. Real U.S. farm-raised beef is always the #1 ingredient — combined with protein-rich venison, lamb and essential nutrients to help your pup thrive.

• Is this truly a grain free dog food? We currently have our 9 yr. ...1 Answers
  • Are they good for your dogs health? 1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried both flavors with their pups? Do they have a pre...3 Answers
Angelica S.
Bronx, NY
I first tried this food with the Rachel Ray vox box. My dog loves this food, and she tolerated it well. I can find this pretty much any where and the price for the medium sized bag is usually $23 dollars.
Jess C.
My pup, Art, received a free bag of Rachael Ray Nutrish PEAK Open Range Recipe with Beef, Venison & Lam from Influenster to try. I, of course, fed it to her and am reviewing it on her behalf. :) All opinions are my (our) own. ***BACKGROUND | Art is a medium sized Shar Pei mix with a history of skin allergies. We've tried to isolate the allergen and have determined that it's environmental with the help of a veterinarian dermatologist. The point being that food should not trigger her allergy. In any case, we keep her on a consistent diet, limiting changes in her food, meal schedule, and portion sizes. Traditionally, we feed her a very holistic dog food that's free of gluten/grains & high in alternative protein. We even go as far as to buy her buffalo meat from a local, holistic dog food vendor. This definitely helps keep her irritation and itchiness at bay. This also makes for a very grumpy pup as her food's the same day in & day out.*** When we received this product, we checked the ingredients and were concerned that chicken was listed as the second ingredient. Still, we sprinkled some kibbles on her food and she was super stoked to try something new and yummy. We continued to do for the next few days and she continued to gobble up her meals. Taste-wise, this food seems to be pretty good! She loved it. I will note that her belly became irritated over the course of those days. She scratched a little harder than usual and even scratched her tummy. We quickly stopped giving her the food. In Art's case, she's too sensitive for this food. We will not be purchasing it again - unfortunate for her since she loved it!For less sensitive doggies, I think this may be a nice food to try.
Jayme H.
I received this product from Influenster to test. I will openly admit that I have been feeding my dogs the same dog food since the were puppies so I didn't entirely switch them to this dog food because I didn't want to go through the effects of switching food and then switching back really quick especially because this specific type of dog food is not available in my area.

What I did was just combine it with what they were already eating and they loved it of course. The reason I wasn't scared to just throw it in is because of the ingredients. I love that this dog food is grain free because I currently use a grain free dog food and have my dogs whole life and I truly believe it has kept her healthy and at a great weight! I also thought the packaging was nice on this dog food, I like that it shows on the front what exactly the ingredients are. One thing I would like to see is a side by side comparison to other grain free dogs foods to see where the brands stand against each other.

If I could see the comparisons to other brands I would be more open to switching my pups to this brand because I also love Rachel Ray!

All in all I would definitly give it a try if you are in the market for a new dog food! Although Grain Free dog food is more expensive.... It's benefits outlast the cost.
Coleen H.
Philadelphia, PA
I received a bag of Nutrish Peak Open Range Beef, Venison and Lamb free for review, but all opinions are my own. First, happy to see that there is no brewers rice, like in other Nutrish products. However, it still contains beet pulp. Beet pulp is controversial filler. It is a by-product in the process of manufacturing sugar. It is a controversial ingredient in dog food, because though some manufacturers claim it to be a good source of fiber, research shows it is added to slow down the transition of rancid animal fats and causing stress to kidney and liver in dogs in the process.

Secondly, though this bag is labeled as "Beef, Venison and Lamb," it still contains quite a bit of chicken product (chicken meal, chicken fat), and chicken is one of the most triggers for dogs with sensitivities. My own pit bull can't have kibble with chicken in it, though my Australian shepherd can.

Finally, the inclusion of "beef" as the first ingredient is misleading. This is not a meal ingredient. It is inclusive of water content (about 80%). Once that is removed, as it must be to create a dehydrated product, the ingredient will weigh around 20% of its wet weight. Ingredients are listed in order of weight and, once dehydrated, the ingredient would probably be more accurately placed much further down the ingredient list.
Kristy C.
My dog really like this new food! I have a 5 year old yorkie bichon terrier. Usually when it’s feeding time, she doesn’t seem to enthusiastic and she just pushes at it. Eventually, she’ll cover it up with her blanket and then just lay down. But, with this food, she took one sniff at it and then started devouring it. She ate every piece in about 4 minutes. Afterwords, she went for her water bowl. And after that, she went back to food bowl to sniff and see if there was any more left. Upon valuation of each ingredient, there are no significant problems with any of the ingredients listed. Salt can be a problem is there is too much, but it is essential to a dog’s diet. All of the hard to pronounce ingredients are actually vitamins that your dog needs to stay healthy. Too many cranberries can lead to an upset stomach, but that shouldn’t be a problem with this food. I highly recommend this do every dog owner looking for healthy choice for their dog! I did receive this bag free for testing purposes, but all opinions expressed are my own.
Chelsea C.
San Francisco , CA
I received this product for free from Influenster to test. My corgi puppy was not very food motivated when I first brought her home and she gets tummy problems pretty easily. She also was not a big fan of kibble so I actually use a service that delivers freshly made and vet formulated human-grade dog food weekly.

Since she's growing up and becoming more food motivated, I've been mixing in a higher end, grain free kibble to her food every so often and now she gobbles it up. So since she's been more open to kibble, i mixed this Nutrish PEAK Beef, Venison kibble in with her meal for breakfast and lunch and she's been really loving it! You have to be careful about serving sized with kibble though, (especially with a dog like a corgi, prone to being overweight) because kibble is packed with so many nutrients, that it's often too caloric and serving sizes on the bag is too much food.

I like the packaging on this dog food too, and how it shows most of the ingredients on the front. My only hesitation is that for the price, there are still some questionable fillers in the food and her stools haven't been as solid with the new kibble as before.

Overall, for anyone looking to start their pup out on some yummy, better quality dog food, I would recommend this product. It's just harder to make the switch for a dog who is used to fresh food and has a sensitive tummy when switching food.
Lauren R.
Portland, OR
I feed my dog VERY high quality food. No fillers. No grains. My dog has a sensitive stomach, and I'm happy to oblige by getting him as high quality food as possible.

With that said, this food is mediocre. When I received it in the mail, I first looked at the ingredients. The bag said it was supposed to be "beef, venison and lamb." However, there is a lot of chicken (commonly causes issues in sensitive doggy tummies). It also contains quite a bit of fillers, including beet pulp.

With that said, it does seem to have mostly high quality products, and I felt comfortable enough having my dog try it. My dog will eat anything. However, his body won't necessarily "accept" everything. I mixed this half and half with his normal food for a smooth transition. He seemed to tolerate it OK for a couple days. However, I'm not comfortable switching to this product as my dog's primary food source.

In short, the marketing on this is a little misleading, but it can probably still be considered a "higher" quality food than most middle-range pet foods.
Liza N.
I have three small dogs and they're all OBSESSED with Rachael Ray's PEAK dog food! I was a little apprehensive to try this variety with my dogs since they have a food we like, but since I was sent a Nutrish PEAK voxbox, I decided to switch it up! At first, I used the food as "training treats" for my dogs so they could test it out and get used to a new food (and hopefully avoid tummy trouble!) before completely changing things out and eating a new diet. They loved it! As per the voxbox suggestions, I added a small-but-increasing serving of PEAK food to their old food over the course of a week or so before transitioning to 100% PEAK. My dogs can be picky--they've been known to completely ignore dog food that they don't like--but they flip out over this stuff. Beyond that, I appreciate that PEAK's top ingredients are animal products and that there is no grain, gluten, or filler in this food. My pups are eating clean!
Kelly B.
Jacksonville, FL
I received a free bag of the Rachel Ray Nutrish PEAK Open Range Recipe with Beef, Venison & Lamb to sample for review. Let me start by saying that we have gone through more tiny bags of dog food than I care to admit trying to figure out what type of food this particular dog enjoys. That being said, my very picky pup is in love with this. We've tried other types of Nutrish and he turned his nose up at those, but this was perfect. He ate his entire bowl and then pawed at the bag for more.

After a week using this bag, he seems to have more energy than usual and his bad breath has actually dissipated. He's a 7 yr old, Boxer-Pitt mix, and is 50 lbs. He always maintains this same weight, and I haven't noticed much of an increase, if at all.

Over all, I'm very pleased with the results and I know he is, too!

Thanks, Influenster, for allowing me to be part of this campaign!

Liz N.
Carson, CA
I have 2 Shih Tzus: Gizmo and Misty. Gizmo will eat anything and Misty is very picky with her food. So far they are loving this dog food, however, I'm not sure if that's just because it's new and different from their current food. I'm only giving 4 stars because of the ingredients. This food is marketed as Beef, Venison and Lamb however Beef is listed as the first ingredient, but Venison and Lamb are listed as the 8th and 10th ingredient on the list. Listed before Venison and Lamb are chicken meal, dried peas, whole potatoes, pea flour, pea protein and chicken fat. I think it's a little misleading. My dogs currently eat a very high quality food where the most important ingredients are listed first (all the meats). I'm not sure that I will continue to feed them this dog food looking at the ingredient list. I know they like it, but it is most likely because it is new to them and I've had them on the same food for years, which I think they are finally getting tired of.
Emily L.
Has anyone's animal had an adverse reactions to this food?
Heather C.
Parsons, WV
Has anyone tried both flavors with their pups? Do they have a preference?
Jessi D.
Derry, NH
How do your pups like this
Jakia H.
Manning, SC
Are they good for your dogs health?
Is this truly a grain free dog food? We currently have our 9 yr. old Westie on Rachel Ray Grain Free food. Would this be a good food to transition him to?