BY NUMBER 4

As self-confessed blow dryer addicts, we put our hair through a lot of stress. To keep our strands from a styling-induced meltdown, we've been using this extra hydrating leave-in conditioning mist. It doesn't just protect hair from heat damage; it also doubles as a color protector and UV shield. The sulfate-free formula sinks in quickly and has a pretty floral scent thanks to white freesia, amber, and musk.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
  • "I used a few spritz's on my damp hair and it was instantly easy to comb through, has a wonderful smell and made my hair extremely soft." in 1 review
  • "I sprayed some on after the shower and let it air dry and then straightened my hair." in 1 review
  • "But I towel dried my hair and sprayed this in and my hair was tangle free." in 1 review
  • "This is such a great product if you have fine easily tangled hair like me." in 1 review
Brandy P.
Love, love, love! I don't blow dry my hair (super sensitive to the harsh heat) but this is amazing to use! My hair feels super soft and manageable! It smells heavenly. A new must-have to my hair care routiine
Kimberly B.
Good product keeps hair feeling great detangles hair will be using this more for my toddler. There is a quite strong smell (my husband thought i was cleaning when he smelled it) but overall it's a good try
Robin C.
Worth, IL
This spray is an answer to my prayers! I have extremely long, thick, and curly hair. To say I have broken a few brushes trying to detangle my birds nest would be an understatement. After taking a shower when my hair is still damp, I use a couple squirts of this through out my hair let it settle for a couple minutes and then run my brush through it. It works like a miracle. No more huge knots and it makes my hair feel sooo soft! I still use a styling product with this for frizz and my curls, but it has done better than any product I have ever used. I would definately recommend this to everyone.
Mara S.
It smells very good. Sprays out evenly. Great for detangling hair. Best leave-in conditioner I’ve used - does not make hair feel greasy, which was a concern for me. Would buy again.
Maria V.
I have been using this for a while now since I first received a sample in my birch box. It has worked so good that I purchased a full size bottle and it works so well for my hair. I have thin hair but I style it frequently and this helps detangle my hair. What I love the most is it also protects my hair when I style it and has helped with frizz! A little spritz goes a long way!!!
Kendra G.
Wagoner, OK
Received this in my July birchbox. I wasn't expecting much but was very impressed. Seriously like magic for your hair. I used a few spritz's on my damp hair and it was instantly easy to comb through, has a wonderful smell and made my hair extremely soft. I felt like I didn't need need to use any other hair products, however it didn't help with my frizz. Hair was still very soft the next day.
Katie R.
Toms River, NJ
This stuff is amazing!! I recently received it in a subscription box and thought meh not the best sample to receive boy was I wrong. My hair is super fine and tangles easily and this stuff does wonders. I recently also used it on my niece's hair since her hair texture is the same as mine. Usually brushing her hair involves lots of screaming and running away but not with this stuff. She even requested to have her hair brushed again later that day but only if I used the product again
Karolena G.
Brooklyn, NY
I am transitioning from chemically straightened hair to natural but I always straighten my hair. My hair is naturally thin and can be on the dry side. This product has the right amount of moisture for me. I got it in my birch box but ordered it from Amazon for a better price.
Sara S.
Richmond, VA
I received a sample of this product in my August birchbox and I'm not a fan. It feels like you are spraying more water onto already wet hair, and did not moisturize or detangle my hair. I have very long, curly, frizzy hair and this did nothing to hurt or help. I didn't notice a distinguishing scent, or difference in texture of my hair. I would use this on top of my usual leave in conditioner as a heat guard, but that's about it. Not going to purchase in the future.
Jessica L.
Mulberry, FL
I received a sample in my Jan Birchbox beauty box, and was not too fond of this product. The scent is off putting, but the formula is very moisturizing. When using it to blow out my hair, it kept my hair smooth, but with the heat and the scent, I had to wash out, not something I would purchase. Trial and error.
Ana G.
Santa Cruz, California
How many times do you ladies spray the bottle per use?
Amanda P.
Irvington , AL
I've been looking to try a new hair protector but I don't want a product that dries out my hair and I don't want a product that makes my hair oily. I also want a product that helps in humidity. Is this one to try?
shayna g.
Athens, AL
How much do you spray on your hair?
Willemina G.
Freedom, WI
Looking for a good dupe to Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect? Any recommendations that are more affordable?