BY NUMBER 4

As self-confessed blow dryer addicts, we put our hair through a lot of stress. To keep our strands from a styling-induced meltdown, we've been using this extra hydrating leave-in conditioning mist. It doesn't just protect hair from heat damage; it also doubles as a color protector and UV shield. The sulfate-free formula sinks in quickly and has a pretty floral scent thanks to white freesia, amber, and musk.

Buy on Beauty ...
  • "This is such a great product if you have fine easily tangled hair like me." in 1 review
  • "I used a few spritz's on my damp hair and it was instantly easy to comb through, has a wonderful smell and made my hair extremely soft." in 1 review
  • "I sprayed some on after the shower and let it air dry and then straightened my hair." in 1 review
  • "But I towel dried my hair and sprayed this in and my hair was tangle free." in 1 review
McKinlea B.
Topeka, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really really enjoy this product. I received a sample in my birch box and I'm dreading running out of it! My favorite thing about this product is how soft it makes my hair feel. If you have super ratty hair like me (especially when wet), this product will save your life. Spritz some of this on and dig in with a wet brush and you will be pleasantly surprised at how easily it is to work through your hair.
Kim S.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in a beauty box sub and I absolutely love it! My hair has always been dry and frizzy and this keeps my hair super soft and manageable. Also helps when I strengthen my hair to protect against heat damage. I will definitely be buying the full size of this product.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received the N.4 Super Comb Prep and Protect spray in one of my subscription boxes and I instantly fell in love with it! I have very long hair that is thick and very hard to detangle when I get it wet. The N.4 was very easy to use. It sprayed nicely and evenly which in return made me not have to use a lot of product! I was able to finally brush through my wet hair with out any snags or tears! If you need a good detangler that also protects your hair from heat damage etc. then look no further this is the product for you! Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
Sara S.
Richmond , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this product in my August birchbox and I'm not a fan. It feels like you are spraying more water onto already wet hair, and did not moisturize or detangle my hair. I have very long, curly, frizzy hair and this did nothing to hurt or help. I didn't notice a distinguishing scent, or difference in texture of my hair. I would use this on top of my usual leave in conditioner as a heat guard, but that's about it. Not going to purchase in the future.
heather s.
Sterling Hts, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Got this as a sample and it works great for detangling hair. I have thick hair and this helps right away. I also use it on my 4 year old hair who also had thick hair and gets knots. This is great for easy removal and it doesn't hurt. Would recommend
C B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in my birchbox this month and let me tell you - it smells amazing. Like I wish it was a body spray amazing. Sadly I don't like it for my hair enough to purchase a full-size. It didn't leave my hair frizzy but it wasn't anything to write home about. Honestly I felt like it mad the bottom layers of my hair a bit oily and the top layer a bit flat. Maybe if I heat styled my hair it would work better, but I'm more of an air dry kinda girl.
SueAnn N.
San Tan Vly, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This came in my months birchbox and I was pleasantly surprised with the product.The price for item is pretty steep so I don't know if it is completely worth it. I used this on my oily hair out of the shower. After brushing it through my hair it gave it a very sleek and helped to detangled my ends without ripping through. The smell is pretty good however there really is not a pulling factor to buy this instead of other detanglers.
Jackie C.
White Plains, NY
I received a sample of this product in my birchbox and I am in love with it.  I have super long hair that goes all the way down my back AND it is thick. I have the worst time brushing out my hair so this product was kind of a godsend.  I'm not a huge fan of the scent but when I spray this product in my hair it is 100 times more manageable to brush out.  It has been saving me a lot of time and pain when I brush my hair out after showering and I'll probably be purchasing the full-size product since a little goes a long way.
Sarah S.
Keego Harbor, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this as my first leave-in conditioner. I loved it!! I use it right after I get out of the shower and just comb my fingers through my hair. It leaves it smelling great and way less frizzy than if I let it air dry. It also leaves my hair free of knots hours later.
Amber W.
Murray, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this stuff in my birchbox. It works pretty good. It's not my favorite though! It doesn't work as good as i would like it to. And the scent is horrible! It smells like perfume but not a good perfume lol.
Ana G.
Santa Cruz, California
How many times do you ladies spray the bottle per use?
Amanda P.
Irvington , AL
I've been looking to try a new hair protector but I don't want a product that dries out my hair and I don't want a product that makes my hair oily. I also want a product that helps in humidity. Is this one to try?
Willemina G.
Freedom, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Looking for a good dupe to Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect? Any recommendations that are more affordable?