BY NUMBER 4

As self-confessed blow dryer addicts, we put our hair through a lot of stress. To keep our strands from a styling-induced meltdown, we've been using this extra hydrating leave-in conditioning mist. It doesn't just protect hair from heat damage; it also doubles as a color protector and UV shield. The sulfate-free formula sinks in quickly and has a pretty floral scent thanks to white freesia, amber, and musk.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
  • "I used a few spritz's on my damp hair and it was instantly easy to comb through, has a wonderful smell and made my hair extremely soft." in 1 review
  • "I sprayed some on after the shower and let it air dry and then straightened my hair." in 1 review
  • "But I towel dried my hair and sprayed this in and my hair was tangle free." in 1 review
  • "This is such a great product if you have fine easily tangled hair like me." in 1 review
Lindsay G.
This does what it is supposed to do, which is condition and protect prior to straightening, blow drying, or curling.  I thought it worked nicely, but I have another leave in conditioner that I swear by, and this just doesn't hold a candle to it.  It's also a little pricey for something that isn't totally awesome.  It smells pretty good, but I have another one that smells way better.
Roxanne O.
Bakersfield , CA
I finally used this Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect that I got in my birchbox I don’t know why I never tried this before! I used this to brush my hair before my shower. It has been in a twisted bun all night and usually is difficult to brush when I take it down. When I used this this morning it smelled great and I used it on my ends not my roots so it helped my brush go through smoothly.

The smell is great ! A nice floral scent. I also feel like it made my hair stronger. When I washed it less hair strands came out. I really liked that.

As much as I hate receiving hair care products at least this one was one I enjoy 😊 i feel like it hydrated my hair a lot.
Kara D.
The smell is amazing. I find that most all of their products have the same scent, so distinctive and wonderful. I spray this on my hair whenever I feel it needs some extra lovin' and moisture/protection. It definitely makes your hair softer. I don't use it every day, just here and there when I feel my hair needs a little attention when it comes to renewing and rejuvenating after the hair dryer and hair straighteners start to dry it out.

10/10 recommend this product!
Sara M.
Sacramento, CA
I love this product so much! I spray it on my hair after a shower, and it does such an awesome job detangling my hair. Combing out my wet hair used to be such a nightmare, but this product definitely takes the pain out of styling my hair every day!
Lauren H.
New York
I have long, long hair. It goes down to my waist and it does get tangly, so I was looking forward to trying this product when it arrived with my August Birchbox. I don’t style my hair often, so I can’t speak to the protective nature of this product, but it ABSOLUTELY untangled my hair this morning. I’m excited to use the rest of my sample. But I am not sure if I want to spend $32 for the less than 7oz the full size is on Birchbox.
Kristin R.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is the only leave in conditioner that I’ve found that doesn’t leave my fine hair greasy. The mister is very fine, so applying it is simple. Make sure to comb through!! Has a great scent that isn’t overpowering.
RaeLynn M.
Love anything that smooths my wavy thick hair out. I don't have to use to much but if I'm having a day when hair is particularly dry, I tend to go through more than expected due to heat usage and I'm not normally gonna buy this particular product because it seems a little more pricier than I care for. But it was worth a try
Megan M.
Great for damaged and bleached hair! I am really picky about the products that I use because my hair is so fragile but this makes my hair so soft and nice after showering! It coats evenly without weighing my hair down and the scent is luxurious like an expensive salon product. I’m not obsessed with the rectangular packaging as it can be a little weird to hold while spraying but other than that it’s great!
Morrisa V.
Jessup, MD
I honestly wasn't expecting much out of a leave in conditioner but I was pleasantly surprised. It's very light and doesn't leave a residue in the hair. It has a light smell and left my hair really soft and shiny after straightening.
Elizabeth M.
This is new favorite product.  I've used it on both air dry hair and blow dry hair and in each situation I've had less frizzy, super soft hair.  It's not heavy & it doesn't weight my thin strands down at all.  I absolutely love it and will be purchasing again and again.   Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect is now a part of my routine.
Ana G.
Santa Cruz, California
How many times do you ladies spray the bottle per use?
Amanda P.
Irvington , AL
I've been looking to try a new hair protector but I don't want a product that dries out my hair and I don't want a product that makes my hair oily. I also want a product that helps in humidity. Is this one to try?
shayna g.
Athens, AL
How much do you spray on your hair?
Willemina G.
Freedom, WI
Looking for a good dupe to Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect? Any recommendations that are more affordable?