BY NONE

At the end of a long day we could all use a fresh start-the same goes for our hair. When product buildup and styling stress leave your locks feeling dull, use Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo, subtly scented with white freesia, golden amber, and warm musk, to gently cleanse without stripping moisture or color. see more...

Buy on Beauty ...
Sasha K.
I am a huge fan of trying different shampoo and conditioner products & once I had opened up my monthly subscription box service to find that a Shampoo product had been included (which was this particular one), I squealed with delight! After using this product's entire sample, I had found that it was only good for one wash, however, due to my hair length and thickness so continuation of this product during use could not be determined due to this factor. However, I would like to note that I did enjoy this product very much that I am interested in taking a leap of faith and purchasing the full size! The consistency/texture of the product is quite thick and not "runny-like" with some shampoos I have seen in the past that are labeled as "clarifying shampoos". This product had also created a really AMAZING lather on the hair within seconds which is something that I look for with shampoo products. The scent was pleasant and had a "salon-like" scent with a tiny hint of what seemed to be eucalyptus. However, once dispersing the product through the hair, that "normal salon-like" scent was most prominent and any "woodsy" scent that I had detected previously was non-existent. When getting out of the shower, I did not produce any tangles and the hair brush had went through smoothly without any issues which can sometimes be a pain for me in the past with other products. After blow drying, the hair felt very soft and it appeared to give my hair a more "depth" look with defining the different natural brunette tones in my hair. I did not see anywhere that it would promise this sort of benefit when using the product, however, it had done so for me which was truly amazing. I really loved this shampoo and just wished the product size that I had received within my subscription box service had been in a little more of a larger deluxe size so that I could have used it more than once. With that said, I definitely give this item full stars across the board and am very interested in purchasing the full size!!
Irina M.
I have several issues with this product. First of all, it smells like a generic cleaning product. I don't mean a nice clean soapy smell. I mean a 'let's sanitize the bathroom' sort of smell. It's not a very strong scent, and maybe I could get past it, but it's also a terrible shampoo. I had to lather my hair three times, because after two attempts it still felt unclean and gross. After that, my hair ended up this weird mixture of dry/frizzy -and- still oily. I know this is supposed to be gentle on hair and not strip it of its natural oils, but my hair should -not- feel greasy three hours after my shower.
Trisha K.
I like that this shampoo is in gel form, and it's highly concentrated. However, I still felt like it took more than it should have to get through all my hair. The same amount of a creamier shampoo would have less trouble covering my strands. It did get all the build-up product out of my hair and left it feeling clean without leaving a weird residue. The smell is nice and light. Overall, not a bad product.
Amanda F.
Belfast, ME
My hair is never really oily, so I don't have much use for clarifying shampoos except for after I do a coconut oil treatment or before I dye my hair blue. This stuff got the job done easily, lathered very well, and smells really great. A bit too expensive for me, though.
Nicole M.
I like this product.. I got a very small
Free sample in the mail in my birchbox.. It was kind of hard to tell if it really made much of a difference in my hair bc the sample was so small. But it did smell very good and didn't make my hair feel
Heavy.
Mary F.
Canton, MI
I go this shampoo in a Birchbox and tried it recently. It did a good job cleaning my hair, but it really needs a good conditioner to go with it. The formula is interesting. It is very thick and takes a bit of work to get it lathered and through my hair. I did a good job cleaning my hair and it smells great.
Jazmin W.
This is a great clarifying shampoo. It has a nice light scent (like soap) and lathers very nicely, I didn't even need to use too much. It wasn't stripping at all and it still removed all the product buildup, which was days of leave-in conditioner applied everyday. It left my hair clean & still moisturized.
Keeley R.
Mansfield, OH
This is one of the best clarifying shampoos I have ever tried in my life. Totally worth the cost because you don't need a whole lot. (Also, if you buy on Birchbox, you get points back anyway!) Number 4 products are amazing!
Whitney J.
St Petersburg, FL
This is a nice smelling low lather shampoo. It did not leave my hair heavy or leave any kind of residue. However, I didn't think it was any better than other less expensive shampoos.
Ginny M.
Marshall, MO
Pretty nice clarifying shampoo. I got this from Birchbox, where the price is $32.00. Not bad, considering you get points back. It has a nice smell, and really made my hair feel nice and light.