BY NUMBER 4 HAIR CARE

For the time-crunched multitaskers out there, this balm is the faster equivalent of a hair mask. Whether you have dry, frizz-prone, or coarse hair, the hardworking formula simultaneously minimizes frizz, gives hair a soft, touchable texture, and even protects against humidity and heat damage. The secret? Tiny molecules that pierce deep into each strand of hair, giving you smoothness in a snap. see more...

Nicole P.
Williamsville, NY
Let me just start by saying I am really picky about hair products and am a loyal amika girl.  This product changed that! This balm made my hair so much softer, even my damaged ends.  I had a problem where my ends would feel rough and crunchy, and this is the only product I've tried that has actually fixed that.  It has a musky, yet clean scent which isn't too strong.  I usually like fruity/citrusy smelling hair products but honestly this stuff could smell horrible and I would still use it because that's how good it is!
Justine F.
BROOKLYN, NY
SOLID. I have fine curly hair and this really worked well in reducing frizz and making my hair all around more manageable. I applied this to wet hair and wrapped it with a tee shirt.

This cream is a thicker consistency, but really applies easily, and absorbs well. This doesn’t weight your hair down. A little goes a long Way!

The fragrance is a little overpowering. It’s nice, but does have a synthetic quality to it.

This ingredient list is a pretty long one. This does have PEGs in it.

This is cruelty free and vegan!

I received this as a sample from birchbox.
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
This product is amazing and works so great. First of all, it is easy to apply and smells so good. It didn’t make my hair oily either. It really helped keep my frizz down without making my hair weighed down or greasy. My hair felt so smooth and silky after using it. Plus it made it so easy to comb through my hair without ripping it out! I got it in my birch box this month! I have only used it at night after my shower.
Hanna L.
Frankfort
I love mix products to try new effects and I mixed the smoothing balm with my Twisted Sista Curl Activator Creme and the result was really good, o could see the difference applying with the damp hair and after too, less frizz and more definition!
Erica P.
Spartanburg, SC
Love this product. It works extremely well at combating frizz and has worked wonders for my unruly hair. I have thick naturally curly coarse hair that I straighten.
Brenda O.
Mesquite
I have used this product twice now after showering I followed the instructions.  The product is very creamy and it applies like a lotion.  If you have dry, frizzy, thin hair like I do this may be the product for you.  My hair is more manageable now and I don't feel the need to put it up in a bun after it dries because it has more body now with this product-and nothing else in my hair.  The only problem for me is the botanical scent it has.  It does leave a leafy-botanical scent that many would probably find appealing but it's just not for me.
Alicia G.
Garland, TX
Smoothing balm that is EVERYTHING!!

Apply this to wet hair and definitely comb through to spread the product. I always air dry my hair, but this product takes away the frizzies and frays!

I received a sample of this product in the April Birchbox and I had to have this. I paid $30 for this and it is worth it.
Kd A.
Fort Mill
I received this as a sample in one of my subscription boxes. After washing my hair I applied this to my hair and it felt nice with a great scent. It did ok with my flyaways but I did feel that it was a little too greasy for me. I hear that a lot of people love this but, it just is not for me. My hair is thinning and maybe it just doesn't work for my hair type.
Jennifer D.
Incredible hair magic! It takes the humid day frizzies and makes them disappear for an entire day without reapplying. It can be used on damp or dry hair, and it does not leave a greasy build up. A little spendy compared to drug store products, but worth every penny as a little goes a long ways, and because, well, it works!!
Savannah C.
Maydelle
I've been using this for the past several days and I've noticed a huge difference. My long, curly hair is significantly less frizzy and my curls are soft and defined. I put it on my hair right after I get out of the shower and let it air dry, as I usually do. This is an excellent product for curly girls.