Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream

Deep cleans, dissolves oil, won't overdry. Noxzema Original - That Noxzema deep clean you can feel. For clean, healthy-looking skin, use Noxzema every time you wash. You can feel Noxzema working as it deep cleans to remove dirt, oil and make-up without ov

Does this help with acne scars?
Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream ? Does noxzema help clear acne?
Is this good for small & stubborn acne?
Start your review of Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...complaints. It's quite strong, though, so this isn't a product for anyone with sensitive skin. Be careful that you don't overly dry your skin out after each application. ” in reviews
Pittsburgh
I generally liked this, for the most part. I really enjoyed the tingly feeling on my face. It made me feel like I was really getting clean. I used this for an extended period of time and didn’t have issues with my sensitive skin breaking out. The eucalyptus smell is pretty strong and definitely not a scent for everyone, so if you’re averse to eucalyptus, definitely stay clear of this one because there is really no escaping it here. Additionally, I am not a fan of the packaging. I know the product is a thicker cleansing cream and it may not be suitable for a pump, but it seems not the most sanitary to just have an open tub that you’re always opening and closing and putting your hands in. If I could change one thing about this product, I would definitely find a more sanitary way to package it. Definitely a good affordable option for a non-irritating cleanser, though!
Purchased at: Walmart
This is the first game I’ll cleanser that I had ever actually tried. I initially started using it when I was in junior high. I used this from that point all the way through high school. It kept my skin looking so clear and awesome, till I had other people in my family that actually decided to give this product a try because of the excellent results that they saw it giving me. I used to apply this thick into my face and let it sit for quite a while before then removing it with a wet washcloth. I also would apply it thick at night and wear it as an overnight sleeping mask. I also would use it as a daily moisturizer too. So, I was using the heck out out of this stuff. Now, after I hit 20+ my skin started going through quite a number of changes plus, I had started getting into trying other skincare, as I had become a major product junkie. At the current time, I have sensitive, dry/very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I am an eczema sufferer as well. I live in an area that is hot and humid almost all year round. Now, I will say that I have skin that at times a cleanser will work really good for me and then other times not as good as i need it to perform for me. I do see a dermatologist and none of his cleanser recommendations, especially Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser works as well for me as I need them to do. So, after going through tons of cleansers, I decided that I would revisit this cleanser even though I know I wish it was fragrance free, because I had been trying to stick to that route, this is done really good stuff and the fragrance in it has never irritated my skin at all. When I first tried it I must admit, I did have completely normal skin and was using it as an aid towards keeping my skin blemish free. I am prescribed topicals for my skin from my dermatologist which does include a steroid cream (for eczema) and Retin A (tretinoin). Retin A is very harsh and even though I’ve been in it for quite a number of years, the harsh side effects associated with it have never gotten considerably better. It does help with acne, but it has never kept my skin 100% acne free 365 days of the year. So, sometimes I will have acne breakouts occur throughout the year while I’m on Retin A. However, it does give a glow to the skin and it definitely is wonderful when it comes to being the best anti-aging product that I one could ever use. I have had times where I have used it every night, but I currently space out my days between using Retin A at this time. It’s just because I have gotten to a point, where I have gotten frustrated with all of the flakiness and redness that goes with it. So, that was the major catalyst towards being me back to Noxzema, and I am glad that I chose to switch up things and go with a cleanser that I know really works most effectively at keeping my skin breakout free even in the dead of Summer, which is the time when I swear the most and I start seeing breakouts start to pop up the most. But, I feel more confident now about my skin once again, now that I am back to using Noxzema on my face. Which is why, I say to any individual that has acne prone skin, to give this product a try, as it just may end up being the best thing towards clearing up your acne for sure. The version that’s out is a reformulated version, from what I have come to understand it is the 2nd reformulation if it. I not have tried the original that was available when I started using it and the version that’s out now. It is now being sold by Unilever, not the original company that started it. Strangely enough this product was originally created to help with eczema, which I later learned. The word “Noxzema” originated from “Knocks Eczema”. However, even though I am an eczema sufferer, I would say to anyone that had eczema and chooses to try this stuff to be cautious in the sameway that you would be with any skincare product. Also, even though I don’t normally recommend leaving a cleanser on ones face for any more than a minute, but there’s something very different about this cleanser, to where the longer you actually let it set on your face, the better it actually works. Which is something that’s honestly never been able to say about any other facial cleanser ever. Now, this is not the only cleanser that I use on my face, as I do rotate between using a super gentle cleanser and a more deeper cleaning one, only because I have found that this is ultimately what works best for my skin, and the climate that I live in.
Horizon city, TX
So I know a lot of people are super into drying lotions however this to me is what I have been using FOREVER for my pimples. I cover my pimple in a semi thick layer of this, let it dry and sleep with it. When I wake up there is still some left and I just rinse with warm water. If I have a horrible pimple that I just want to touch as soon as I get home I will wash and put this on for as long as possible and clean and reapply before sleep. My pimples isn’t just dried out but is basically cleared within 24 hours. LOVE IT. They even sell mini versions if you don’t do the overall mask or cleansing so the product doesn’t expire prior to full use.
Southfield, MI
I have been using this product for a few months, while I enjoy the feeling of it I haven't seen any progress with my skin when its breaking out. I often use it ask a mask instead of a wash, so I put it on my face until it dries then take it off with a wash cloth, but when I am in a hurry use it as a face wash. This product gives off a tingling feel when you put it on. This product alone doesn't do much for my skin but I use it as a step in a process and I like it in that way. For the price of this product, it's worth it to put into a routine or to have individually. I have yet to hear something negative about this product.
Torrington, CT
I have been using Noxzema for the past 22 years and my skin is as soft and clear as a baby's bottom to date. I appreciate the packaging, which made it easy for me to find this product once I began purchasing it without the help of my mother. This product provides my face with a gentle cleansing touch needed to clear my pours; and it even sustained my flawless glow throughout puberty (HELLO). I keep at least two bottles of Noxzema on hand at all times. I have influenced some of my girlfriends to use it and they've fallen in love with it too. This product has single handedly taken good care of my face.
Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream uploaded by Lisa F.
LOVE IT, family tradition and favorite! Also good for relieving the pain from sunburns. I like it just the way it is and wouldn’t change it one bit. It cleanses without drying your skin, easy to apply and washes off with water. I prefer to put on at night and remove it in the am. Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream
Salt Lake Cty, UT
admittedly this is a pretty amazing product if your looking for something to help fight the eternal struggle with acne to a point it has really helped me however i have combination skin and this cream is really drying ive found on numerous occasions that my face ended up really really oily after using this. but i imagine if you have a lot of acne problems its really not a huge price to pay. especially if its a hormonal flare up this gets rid of acne that may pop up and helps you recover quickly after the acne has already raised.Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream
DeRidder, LA
Purchased at: Walmart
This cleanser is my best friend and I will forever love it. It gets deep down into my pores and I love that tingling, refreshing sensation it gives me as it is working. I leave it on for about 3-5 minutes to let it sink in and do its job before exfoliating it and rinsing it off with warn water. I love how my skin feels after using this product. It is so soft to touch. It looks brighter and more vibrant. My pores look refreshed and ready for the day. It is just such a great product and I am so glad to have it.
Menifee, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
Been wanting to try this for years. You get so much product for less than $5. The smell is awkwardly satisfying; the scent made me believe that some deep cleansing was going to happen! But I'm not sure if my skin is a fan; after washing off, my face started itching. I'm not sure if it reacted after applying the rest of my skincare products, or if my skin just isnt a fan (it is a bit picky, lol.) Also, I don't think I'm a fan of the cream consistency as a cleanser; I want to feel like I'm cleansing, not moisturizing.
tucson, AZ
I absolutely love this face wash for the price! It’s only about $4 for a good amount of product. Since starting to use this face wash about a month ago I’ve already noticed a smoother look to my complexion and the smell is to die for if you like the smell of eucalyptus(which I LOVE). Super soothing yet invigorating on the skin. I have combination skin myself and I noticed it really helped the oily portions on my face without disturbing my dry spots. Definitely worth the try for the price.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Herndon Virgina
il y a 13 jours
Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream ? Does noxzema help clear acne?
Jenny W. • il y a 10 jours
Not really sure though because it’s not medicated that I know of. It’s gentle enough that it wouldn’t dry your skin if you have acne prone oily skin.
Universal city
il y a un mois
Ana M. • il y a un mois
It has worked nicely for me. It is a very strong cleaner so if you have sensitive skin, don't use it all the time. I was having dry spots around my face and I used the cleaner and it got rid of the spots instantly after using it. I think it is pretty good.