BY NOW SPORTS #42 in Weight Management

Dietary Supplement Weight Management 100% Pure Thermogenic Spares Lean Body Tissue Medium Chain Triglycerides are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oil. MCT s are more easily and rapidly digested than other types of fats, as they require lower amounts of enzymes and bile acids for intestinal absorption. MCT s are metabolized very quickly in the liver and are reported to encourage an increase in energy expenditure, while decreasing fat storage. Numerous studies suggest that substituting MCT Oil for other fats in a healthy diet may therefore help to support healthy weight and body composition.* NOW® MCT Oil is Pharmaceutical Grade . Contains no: sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives.Vegetarian/Vegan Product. *These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diag see more...

• How does this oil work exactly? Is it essentially an oil version ...2 Answers
Buy on Puritan...*
Jenalyn P.
Terre Haute, IN
Fitspiration Expert Level 4
I've been using this for a few weeks now, adding a tablespoon to my bulletproof coffee, and I enjoy it! It doesn't add any flavor, but adds the necessary fats that we need while on keto/low carb. When I first started using it, it made my stomach hurt, so I took it down to half a tablespoon until my stomach could get used to it (the pain is common as our bodies aren't used to the chain fats such as what's in this). I fully believe that this helps keep me fuller longer when I sip my coffee in the morning. Great price, too!
Pamela S.
Travelers Rst, SC
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
I haven’t  noticed much difference while taking this, but no negative side effects either. I use it primarily to cook with and find it does well at high temps. I also supplement with a teaspoon here and there and find it is near tasteless, easy to swallow and digest. Perfect if you are someone following a keto diet.
Chelsea L.
Knoxville, TN
I like this MCT oil. I haven't tried any other others and I don't really think I will. I haven't noticed any results from this specifically, as I have altered my eating my workouts entirely so far, so it's probably all of that combined. It literally tastes like nothing so that's a plus. Only 4 starts Bc I wish it didn't come in a glass bottle. Imagine breaking a glass bottle and getting oil literally everywhere...
Patricia G.
This mct oil is great! I like the flavor it gives. I use it as a replacement for olive oil sometimes; like when I am on keto. It is available at a variety of stores, including vitamin shoppe. I don't remember the price, but I don't think it's outlandish.
Erika E.
Apple Valley, MN
Since starting a keto lifestyle this stuff is a staple!!! I mix it into my bulletproof coffee every morning. It has zero taste and adds a ton of good fat and calories that keeps me full until the afternoon.
Sandy G.
The vanilla hazelnut flavor is delicious in hot or cold coffee. It's affordable and blendable. Highly recommend although I'd say start off with a tsp until your stomach adjusts.
David D.
Wenatchee, WA
One supplement I wish I had never overlooked is MCT Oil. I have been doing the bulletproof coffee for over 3 months now and have had nothing but great results from it. I would recommend starting out with 1/2 a tablespoon (half a serving) as most users will be sensitive to its laxative like tendencies. I worked my way up to 1 serving and finally am now at 2 full servings per day and has done wonders in boosting my metabolism.
Shauna S.
I use this all the time in my ketogenic lifestyle. I use it in ice cream, to make bullet proof style coffee, for salad dressing and I will take a tablespoon of it if I am low on my fat intake that day. It gives great energy!!!
Meg W.
I love this MCT, it has an affordable price point for home much you get. I add a tablespoon to my coffee an blend it up with some butter in my vitamix! Being the two medium chains out of coconut oil, It is great for starting my day in ketosis.
Erica B.
Frisco, TX
Great metabolism boosting supplement!! I was on a diet program with my chiropractor before, and it included mct oil. Mct oil is great at boosting metabolism, and has really help aid in my weight loss.
Dani D.
Seattle, WA
How does this oil work exactly? Is it essentially an oil version of a thermogenic pill? What's the recommended intake? How long to see results?