BY NOW

NOW Foods Xylitol Natural Sweetener Powder, 1 lbXylitol is a sugar alcohol that is naturally present in small amounts in various fruits and vegetables. it was originally extracted from birch trees in Finland. NOW Xylitol is derived from Non-GMO corn. It is comparable to xylitol derived from other sources, such as birch. It resembles sugar in consistency and taste, but has a third fewer calories and is a great sugar alternative for diabetics. Xylitol may also inhibit cavities by denying plaque bacteria the fuel (sugar) it needs to erode tooth enamel. It can be used as a sugar substitute in most sugar-free recipes. see more...

• Would this be good to use for baking? How comparable is i...1 Answers
  • How much would I use instead of a cup of sugar1 Answers
  • Is this powdered?? I'm looking for a good powder brand fo...2 Answers
Kristen D.
Newburgh, NY
We have been changing our diet and oral healthcare lately so this product was a must. It tastes great and I've used it in many different recipes and it has worked fine. It is not as sweet as sugar and our palettes have had to adjust a bit. Because it is so much better for our teeth, we plan to stick with using it. I was planning on also making our own jam/jelly with this but the granules are too big to dissolve properly with the method I want to use. We did a combination of sugar and/or stevia and xylitol in the beginning but transitioned to using mostly xylitol.
Louise F.
Davenport, Florida
An excellent healthy alternative to sugar and so much healthier than sweetener. A fantastic product that does not have a sugar substitute after taste. I highly recommend this product as it is so healthy!
Jessica L.
Brodhead, KY
Great as a sweetener. If you look at the ingredients, you'll find Xylitol is in a whole lot of candy. PLEASE BEWARE, however, Xylitol is harmful/poisonous to pets. So be cautious around your fur babies and please keep this in mind when cooking with it :)
Darcie M.
Marion, KS
Good product, better than most other sweeteners and works really well when baking. It is a must have for those looking to get better sweeteners
Joella C.
Fort Drum, NY
I think this would be a great substitute to start using for baking and everyday use. Sounds as if it will be healtheir and taste better too!
Chloe S.
Barstow, CA
I got this for a toothpaste recipe and love it! I try to substitute it in some baking as well, and I've always been really pleased.
Cassandra M.
Republic, MO
Now Foods is one of my top favorite natural brands. Their xylitol is top notch and is a must for keto diet.
Renee H.
Albuquerque, NM
This sugar replacement is amazing! I use it for everything. It doesn't have a bad aftertaste either!
Charlissa R.
This is one of my favorite xylitol to use in baking and in drink mixes. There is no funny aftertaste.
Anna A.
Flushing, NY
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Xylitol is the best. Better for you than any other sweetener and works really well when baking
Stefani C.
Is this powdered?? I'm looking for a good powder brand for homemade beauty products.
Sami E.
ELBA , ID
Would this be good to use for baking? How comparable is it to sugar, and other sweeteners?
Marianne C.
NORWICH, CT
How much would I use instead of a cup of sugar