NOW Foods - Eucalyptus Oil Organic - 1 oz. uploaded by Kt E.

BY NOW FOODS

Eucalyptus oil remains a favorite among aromatherapists and casual users alike, based on its strong, woody and medicinal aroma. Popular in many vopor rubs, it emits an essence of cleanliness when diffused for aromatherapy. NOW Eucalyptus Oil is 100% pure and steam distilled. Fun fact: In the 19th century, eucalyptus trees were called "fever trees," because they destroyed the breeding ground of the malaria mosquito. The tree grows fast, and uses up large amounts of water, thus large amounts of the trees can turn swamp into usable land - and also rid the area of mosquitos in the process. Centuries ago, the eucalyptus tree was thought to cleanse the environment, so the frail and sickly would choose to live in areas where these fragrant trees grew, hoping for recovery from their ailments. While just living under the trees might not be the cure people hoped for, the tree does indeed offer healing. The Australian Aborigines applied crushed eucalyptus leaves to wounds to promote healing. They also used eucalyptus leaves to fight infection and relieve muscular pain. In India, eucalyptus is used to cool fever and fight contagious diseases. Even Western surgeons recognized the benefits of eucalyptus, and have used a eucalyptus solution to wash out operation cavities. Today, eucalyptus is used in many different types of pharmaceutical products, from vapor rubs to cold remedies. Even veterinarians and dentists use eucalyptus in their practices. Its sweet, menthol, woody scent coupled with its proven healing abilities makes it a favorite essential oil in aromatherapy. Mixes well with: Basil, bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, ginger, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, lime, marjoram, orange, oregano, peppermint, pine, rosemary, spearmint, tea tree, and thyme. Parts used: Fresh or partially dried leaves and young twigs. Extraction method: Steam distillation. see more...

Brianna W.
Wellford, SC
These are such a good quality oil, it smells fantastic, not edible or digestible but if you're looking for spa use or diffuser use these are wonderful quality, potent smell, and are super inexpensive! i use lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus!
Karissa S.
Forest Hill, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I had a cold for over a week that escalated and I developed a sinus headache which caused pain in my eyes anywho, I bought this oil went straight to the bathroom and plugged up the the tub and filled it with steaming hot water. I added half the dropper of oil to the flowing bath and stood over the tub for about 15 minutes just inhaling the steam. About 2 minutes after leaving the bathroom I felt amazing I was breathing better then I breathe on a regular day and I also slept better then I normally would. It literally relaxes your body and mind. This bottle will last forever but no doubt that I would rebuy!
Raegan Q.
Amazing! I use when ever some one in the house is stuffy! Put a few drops in a hot shower, close the door and let the bathroom stem up before jumping in. I like to use in my diffuser as well, in the bedroom of who ever needs it. Cuts down on the need for nighttime cough medicine!
Ashley D.
WEST SALEM, WI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Essential oils are my top go-to's for all-natural, holistic medicine and healing; Eucalyptus scented particularly to aid in stress relief. This brand is amazing and a little goes such a long way.
I prefer to use this in my oil diffuser to scent up my home (it really works to calm the nerves!) and also love to mix it in with an oil (coconut or jojoba) to use topically. A little bit on your pressure points is so soothing :) This scent is also great for aiding in congestion by rubbing a little onto the chest (of course make sure to do a test patch beforehand to rule out any potential allergic/adverse reactions)
I'm a strong believer in the benefits of essential oils and recommend giving this one a try!
Sandra A.
Santa Rsa Bch, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love essential oils, they are a must have in our home! With this one, I'll apply it on my children's feet at night when they are sick or have a cold. We'll also put a couple of drops in the bathtub.
Kiera R.
Kittanning , PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I use this oil in my diffuser on a weekly basis. I love the smell of Eucalyptus. It's such a calming, relaxing scent to me. I also use it in small amounts on my temples when I'm feeling congested. It really opens up your airway if you're using it for a cold, or it makes your house smell great if you put it in a diffuser! I'm completely satisfied with these Now Essential Oils!
Abra R.
Columbus, MS
Eucalyptus oil is a staple in my home, especially in the winter monghs. I use it in the bath to open pores and help clear colds and loosen mucus. I also use it as a facial steam to open the pores on my face to get a deep cleaning and moisturizing with the other products that I use. It works wonders for cough if you rub some oil on the bottom of the feet and cover with socks. Great natural product..
Whitney M.
Naperville, IL
This is a must have in my cabinet! I use it nonstop in the winter. It has such powerful antibacterial properties and leaves things smelling fresh. In the winter I use it in my "everything" spray. I also diffuse it to clean the air. Also a nice addition to your bath.
Carima O.
Long Beach , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This oil is perfecto many uses. In the winter I pour a few drops in my humidifier and it keeps me breathing well all night. I also put it in my conditioner for that extra tingle. You can dilute it with water and rinse you mouth after you brush you teeth as well.
Christina F.
Eucalyptus is my favorite essential oil, and this is a great one! This is a very large size bottle for the price! I love adding this to my baths with some Epsom salt, or making my own body scrubs with sugar, coconut oil, and this eucalyptus essential oil!
Heather R.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Is this used directly on the skin or is it used as a scent?
Gurleen K.
Vancouver, BC
How do you use this oil? Do you use it on your skin or put it in a diffuser? Is the smell strong? I'm wondering what essential oils I should try.
Jessica B.
Waverly, NY
What grade of an oil is this one?