BY NOW FOODS

With an aroma that's herbaceous, wine-like and sweet, Clary Sage oil has been used throughout the ages to soothe nervous tensions, inspire creativity and renew feelings of vigor and wellness. NOW Clary Sage Oil is steam-distilled and guaranteed to be 100% pure. Fun fact: Centuries ago, German winemakers added clary sage to inferior wines to make them more intoxicating. Clary Sage was highly valued during the Middle Ages for its ability to to heal all sorts of eye problems. Called "clarus", meaning clear, it was later transformed into clary. Part of its Latin name, salvia, means to save. Rightly so, as clary sage enjoys a reputation as a sort of "cure all" because it quite literally is used successfully to restore health in a variety of areas. Egyptians loved clary sage for its purported ability to cure infertility. The Greeks, Romans, and Chinese loved it because it held promise to assure long life. And 16th century Englanders loved it as a replacement for hops to brew beer. Clary sage is also a favorite of creative types, who swear that its fragrance is inspirational. Why not open a bottle yourself and take a whiff? Maybe clary sage will inspire you to greatness! Mixes well with: Anise, bergamot, cedarwood, citrus oils, clove, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, hyssop, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lime, marjoram, nutmeg, palmarosa, patchouli, pine, rose, tangerine, tea tree, and thyme. Parts used: Flowering tops. Extraction method: Steam distillation. see more...

• Will it make your skin filling oily?1 Answers
  • Can this oil be used for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • What does sage exactly do? I want to buy and use it in my...2 Answers
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ
I love this oil it smells good i used it a lot for my hair and it works totally fine
Aubrey R.
Bacolod City
This product is so amazing specially during winter it works perfectly around nose areas
Put it around your nose in the winter works wonders love love love it not expensive at all
Julisa R.
Tucson, AZ
Wow I actually love this oil for my skin! I put it around my nose when it's dry.
Shannia W.
This oil is simply amazing as it has many beneficial factors to it , this oil can be quite harsh to someone who may have sensitive skin like myself so by diluting it with water will avoid the burning sensation , the smell is amazing and by using this will have your skin looking clear and radiant in no time !! Highly recommend
Estelle L.
I use this to clean my nose ring and it smells so great! It has such a nice scent and I would definitely buy this again!
Sophia T.
Williamstown, NJ
Amazing oils that have incredible multi-uses! You get so much out of every product and the benefits are outstanding
Sarah H.
One of my favorite brands for essential oils. Great product! The clary sage oil is very balancing
Kimberly M.
Tukwila, WA
I love this brand! They have amazing oils. Although I prefer the almond oil over sage oil this is just as amazing. Definitely has a strong smell, so if that bothers you, don't get it. The health benefits of Sage Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antibacterial, cholagogue and choleretic, cicatrisant, depurative, digestive, and disinfectant etc. It is best known for its therapeutic properties.
Audrey T.
Lancaster , CA
This brand is soooooo great. I really love their oils. I have naturally curly hair and I use oils to help moisturize my hair. This brand have some of the purest oils I've used. I tell all my friends to order their stuff.
Justine U.
Did anyone have an allergic reaction to this? I got all itchy after I tried it and scared to try it again!!
Shae A.
Pendleton, OR
Would you use this topically or in a diffuser more?
Kayla L.
Akron, OH
Essential Oils are becoming more and more known for their natural remedies to common ailments. Does anyone know the use for sage oil?
Gabrielle G.
What exactly would you use this for and are there any alternative uses?
Carmen P.
Bay City, MI
How does this smell? Any good?