BY NOW FOODS

With an aroma that's herbaceous, wine-like and sweet, Clary Sage oil has been used throughout the ages to soothe nervous tensions, inspire creativity and renew feelings of vigor and wellness. NOW Clary Sage Oil is steam-distilled and guaranteed to be 100% pure. Fun fact: Centuries ago, German winemakers added clary sage to inferior wines to make them more intoxicating. Clary Sage was highly valued during the Middle Ages for its ability to to heal all sorts of eye problems. Called "clarus", meaning clear, it was later transformed into clary. Part of its Latin name, salvia, means to save. Rightly so, as clary sage enjoys a reputation as a sort of "cure all" because it quite literally is used successfully to restore health in a variety of areas. Egyptians loved clary sage for its purported ability to cure infertility. The Greeks, Romans, and Chinese loved it because it held promise to assure long life. And 16th century Englanders loved it as a replacement for hops to brew beer. Clary sage is also a favorite of creative types, who swear that its fragrance is inspirational. Why not open a bottle yourself and take a whiff? Maybe clary sage will inspire you to greatness! Mixes well with: Anise, bergamot, cedarwood, citrus oils, clove, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, hyssop, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lime, marjoram, nutmeg, palmarosa, patchouli, pine, rose, tangerine, tea tree, and thyme. Parts used: Flowering tops. Extraction method: Steam distillation. see more...

• Will it make your skin filling oily?1 Answers
  • Can this oil be used for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • What does sage exactly do? I want to buy and use it in my diffuser 2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
amy j.
Franklin, TN
Clary sage is one oil that has a multitude of health benefits.

Clary Sage Oil blends very well with oils of Lemon, Lime, Orange and other citrus fruits as well as Lavender, Pine, Juniper, Geranium, Sandal Wood, Jasmine and Frankincense oils.

The best way to use Clary Sage is to diffuse it or blend it with a carrier oil and place it on the skin. It seems to have the most potent results when used directly on the skin.
Amber A.
I love this stuff!!!! I put it in my defuser daily. It smells so good and makesy room smell and feel so fresh and clean. I feel like I cam grt away with saging my room less because of this. I also put it on my wrists to helpe with stress. The sent calms me down.
Trisha S.
I use alot of oils from this brand! I usually mix with almond oil, pepperming, rosemary and this .and it leaves my hair feeling so soft'!. Its a little pricey for such a small bottle. But it lasts a long time. I would buy it again!
Larkin M.
I use this in my diffuser and it is AMAZING. It smells kind of like Earl Grey tea but not really? It smells sooo familiar but I can't put my finger on exactly what it smells like. I find it to be extremely relaxing diffused
Audrey T.
Lancaster , CA
This brand is soooooo great. I really love their oils. I have naturally curly hair and I use oils to help moisturize my hair. This brand have some of the purest oils I've used. I tell all my friends to order their stuff.
Sophia T.
Williamstown, NJ
Amazing oils that have incredible multi-uses! You get so much out of every product and the benefits are outstanding
Juliafa K.
Goshen, NY
I love this stuff and you might too. There's no words to describe it because I love this product so much
Erin S.
Woodlawn, TN
I put this stuff in my diffuser every single day! It is so relaxing that I use it before bed!
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ
I love this oil it smells good i used it a lot for my hair and it works totally fine
Put it around your nose in the winter works wonders love love love it not expensive at all
Justine U.
Did anyone have an allergic reaction to this? I got all itchy after I tried it and scared to try it again!!
Shae A.
Pendleton, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you use this topically or in a diffuser more?
Kayla L.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Essential Oils are becoming more and more known for their natural remedies to common ailments. Does anyone know the use for sage oil?
Gabrielle G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What exactly would you use this for and are there any alternative uses?
Carmen P.
Bay City, MI
How does this smell? Any good?