BY NOW FOODS

Soothing and comforting, cedarwood oil extracts are best known for their warm, woody and balsamic aromas. They also mix wonderfully with other oils. NOW Cedarwood Oil is 100% pure and natural, and steam-distilled from Juniperus virginiana, Virginian Cedarwood trees. Fun fact: Cedarwood is used to make pencils, which makes its aroma reminiscent of school days gone by. If the smell of a newly sharpened pencil brings back good memories, you'll love the mild, sweet, woody scent of cedarwood. Native Americans valued cedarwood for its healing and purification properties. They used it to combat respiratory infections, and also to treat arthritis, skin rashes, and kidney infections. Cedarwood was also used in some ceremonies for purification. Egyptians also embraced cedarwood, and used it in the mummification process, cosmetics, and to repel insects. Insects and rats hate the smell of cedarwood, therefore it makes a great repellent, especially against mosquitoes, moths, and woodworms. In fact, at one time cedarwood was combined with citronella and used as a commercial insecticide. Today, aromatherapists use cedarwood in a variety of capacities, from insect repellent to mood relaxer. Mixes well with: Anise, bergamot, citronella, chamomile, eucalyptus, ginger, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, palmarosa, patchouli, pine, rosemary, and sandalwood. Parts used: Wood chips and sawdust. Extraction method: Steam distillation. see more...

Buy on Walmart
Carissa C.
BOTHELL, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this essential oil. This oil has many uses but my favorite is deffusing it at night to help relax and fall asleep. This is a very powerful scent and using 1-2 drop in enough to fill a medium to large room with the smell of cedar.
Sammy R.
Little Elm, TX
I use this essential oil for my hair. I make a spray that includes this oil because it helps with hair growth and if you have a dry itch scalp.
Leyga A.
Lexington, KY
Love this! It has a long lasting smell and very relaxing. You can buy it everywhere! I love the scent to the point of I can fall asleep.
Dinorha Z.
Kyle, TX
It smells amazing and it helps so many things including for your pets. I use it for the bugs.
lizz g.
Somersworth, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very great product. Smells fantastic, and has so many uses. I have so many in my home.
Tarra M.
Roswell , Nm
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the effects of Cedarwood oil it's nice and relaxing after a hard day at work or a long day of shopping it gives you a nice wood the few in your home for that cozy feeling
Adrianne C.
Glendale, AZ
Cedar wood oil is such an awesome scent during the winter months. I use it in my diffuser. the smell lingers even after it's done. Love it
Elizabeth M.
west columbia , TX
You truly get what you pay for people please do your research before buying oils. There are different grades make sure they are fda approved for ingestion before using. Or applying topically.
Nicky M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have bought the coconut version of this Now oil and it smells so sweet and delicous! Note: it isn't edible
Jackie L.
Essential oils is honestly great for a lot of things. I've read a lot of ladies using it for their hair, skin and acne. I've been wanting to try it for my hair but I honestly use it while I'm feeling a little sick. I love using essential oils and I'm gonna start trying it out for other things!
Yanddy E.
Doral, FL
What's this?
Mandy S.
Hancock, MI
What do you use this oil for? Is it comparable to any of the living oils? Is it best alone or in combo?
Brandy V.
Rio Bravo, TX
What's this for? And is it good
kathygraves
I don't know about living oils but Now products seem to be very good. You can use it in soaps, candle making.
Kimisha L.