NOW Foods - Brewer's Yeast Debittered - 1 lb. uploaded by Ashley A.

BY NOW FOODS

Brewer's Yeast is an excellent source of protein and several B-vitamins. It is produced by cultivation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae on malted barley in the production of beer. After fermentation, the yeast is separated from the beer, roller dried and debittered. see more...

• Does this product change the flavor? I have consisered adding to ...2 Answers
  • Can this help my milk come back ?4 Answers
  • Does this specific brand work for lactation cookies ? Thank you i...1 Answers
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
First of all, this yeast was so hard to find! Everyone that I know that use this to make lactation cookies bought theirs online. I didn't want to waste my time buying it online if it's not the right one. Thankfully, I was able to keep researching to where I can find this locally and Wholes Food carried them. I bought mine for 12 bucks (yes, I know) but I breastfeed so I was desperate to make those yummy lactation cookies. The taste is not noticeable, but it made the cookies turn out perfect!
Samantha H.
Took me awhile to find a place that actually sold this but so glad I did! I used this primarily for increasing my breast milk supply and it did wonders! I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and added this and flax seed and boom! Worked like a charm!
Kaitie F.
Cayce, SC
I was sprinkling this on my dogs food as I heard it helped in flea prevention. I really didn't notice she had any less fleas when consuming this than she does with just the topical flea medicine.
Jessica H.
Urbandale, IA
Similar to other reviews this was used to make lactation oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It does wonders to milk supply and can be added to yogurt or smoothies too.
Ashley A.
Belton, TX
This still has a bitter taste to it, but I used this in my oatmeal chocolate chip lactation cookies and it blended in so well. I also used flaxseed, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda and flour. These taste so good!
Karina D.
Silverdale, WA
I got this to help with my supply when breastfeeding my first born. It worked great for me though it may not work for everyone. I added it to oatmeal cookies and other treats that I could cover the taste with. Chocolate works great to mask the last bit of bitterness left. Other members of the household use it too!
Yesenia P.
Horn Lake, MS
I used this to help increase my milk supply while breastfeeding. I used it in my morning smoothie with ground flax seed. It definitely does the trick. You can also use it with any baked goods. I've found it on Amazon and at GNC for about $12.
Jess B.
I bought this to make lactation cookies & it did the trick. While I can't speak to the full-on bitterness vs. reduced bitterness, it did not overpower my recipe... & that was combined with the bitter factor that the ground fenugreek presented as well.
Emma B.
Round Lk Bch, IL
I add this into my breakfast smoothies and if I add the recommended serving size the favor is overpowering. Just one tbsp instead of two seems to taste better. I have not noticed that much of a difference in my milk supply.
Nikkie P.
Lakeside, CA
I use his in my lactation cookies and it the most important ingredient! Unfortunately, I do wish it was completely debittered.
Stephanie M.
Can this help my milk come back ?
Kymberly D.
Glennville, GA
Wellness Guru Expert
Does this product change the flavor? I have consisered adding to my food for the Health benefits.
Celeste R.
Salinas, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
Does this specific brand work for lactation cookies ? Thank you in advance!!